• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HistoriK

Sergeant
14 Badges
Mar 11, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
The AARchbishops and the Yellow Monk
A Würzburg GC AAR

Preface

After visiting the forums once in a while for quite some time now and having some impressive creative output lately, I finally joined in order to post my first AAR. So here we are. A brandnew installation of EU2 (had deleted it recently to make room for some other game - please don't burn me as an heretic, please! ) has been updated to 1.08 with the 2feb2005 beta and the German translation found in "Deutsches Forum". I did so not because I can't read or write English (now that's pretty obvious by now, isn't it?), but I feel like a installed German version likes to be played with a German text.csv. And I play at hard/aggressive levels - we'll see how that affects the well-being of poor little Würzburg.

As noted above, I'm not a native English speaker, I encourage you to point at spelling mistakes, bad syntax or repetitive vocabulary. I'm always willing to lears, you know? Same goes for the game itself. I will pretty much do what I would always do, although I will incorporate some things that reflect the stroyline/roleplaying in the AAR. But still feel free to discuss possible and actual flaws of my game.

Mission targets:
- Primary target: SURVIVE! We're still a German one-province minor.
- Secondary target: Next, we try to consolidate, adding at least one province for saftey and probably even more for being able to do stuff. Most of you probably know the deal for minors like Würzburg.
- Also, I will be trying to incorporate the storyline/roleplay into the game for some flavour.
- Under all circumstances: stay clear of exploits and the evil F12 key! No reloading for better luck or anything like that.
- Should we fail with the primary target: so it be! If it should kill the story prematurely, I will find a way to bring it back in some way or another (another AAR that is).

But that shall be enough words for now as the Introduction will be almost annoyingly long by now. I will look over it again, make some adjustments and then post it, chapter by chapter. And when I do, I really hope you enjoy it.

Last edited: