• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Viper_scout

Recruit
2 Badges
Jun 17, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I'd love to get a full-length game but I keep running into the same roadblock every time, the game becomes stuttery and unplayable.
the 'trees = off' and alike do nothing and it just gets worse as the game progresses
is there a way to complete a full run or is the game THAT poorly optimized for it?

There is one known problem like you describe, if you get an empire covering say 1/3 of the map or more, and there is a civil war or mass rebellion. The game cannot cope with the huge numbers of units on the map.

Does that sound like your situation?

No, i have no vassals at all, personally hold everything.
Ive tried handing out the titles but it just made the problem worse, but A LOT.
so I've completely abandoned the save after the initial loading time went ober 1.5h and the game began stuttering.

The number of vassals is not relevant to the issue I described, it is whether your empire covers a large portion of the map AND there are a lot of military units on the map.

In all honesty I have not diagnosed this issue down to exact numbers of units. But it is not just your units, it is ALL units on the map.

Is your - or any - empire very large? Did this happen after a civil war or mass rebellion break out anywhere?