• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
An important category and one that I think we all wish that we could do well. Whether that be a well placed photo to an expertly crafted screenshot, these parts of an AAR can mean the difference in readership. That we have discontinued LPs from the voting roll, I hope that those that gave their nomination considered them (as this is now the best place to honor them) but we did not lack for nomination here. 19 membAARs were singled out here for one or multiple works. Each just as deserving.

Our winner was a runaway the likes we have not yet seen since we began this yearly awAARd.

The 2021 Graphics/AARtist of the Year is...

The third year and running, @Wraith11B holds dominate over this category and we can only hope to keep up. Well done and many congratulations. Yet again. ;)

The runner up ended as...

A close race here and Pip pulled out ahead as the vote continued. Thus left the bronze to...

Rover and Pip can argue here should they wish because a mere 0.1 accounting separates these two finishes. Well done all three!

Sixteen other AARtists were given nomination in this category and they are here presented in the order of the vote:

I like to think that I do a good job offering sweet shots in my work, but I cannot hold a candle to these AARtists in their various ways. Honestly, well done! I am impressed as are those that voted for you! To gain a nomination here means that you have gone over and beyond the simple effort of writing (so very simple...) to provide even more to your work. Each nomination is deserved and many congratulations given to you, especially @Wraith11B who towers above us all! Clearly!

The floor is now open for your own congrats, thanks and discussion of the AART should you wish. Back tomorrow with the CharactAAR of the Year (and I mean that this time as it is a huge category!!)

• 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congrats all! Since we are all winners. @Wraith11B is more of a winner than the other winners.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
Congratulations all winners and nominees – particularly @Wraith11B on an astonishing triple crown!

Very happy to have ranked among your company this year. I do enjoy sprinkling some of those architecture-school drawings skills into my work when the occasion demands, so to have been recognised for it is a nice bonus. :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
We ARE all winners. We just look up to the mountaintop that is @Wraith11B . ;)
True indeed.

Many warm congrats to @Wraith11B and mad props to @roverS3 and @El Pip for a close contest! Congratulations to everybody else as well. the extra effort you put into your AARs is like the icing on the cake!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Uhm, whew! I'm absolutely gobsmacked about receiving this award. I didn't think that I had done anything this year that rated such an honor from everyone! I didn't get around to voting myself, but I'm touched that everyone thought my work worthwhile!

Thank you to everyone for their graphics! I love seeing them! Thank you!

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congrats all! As a talentless monkey when it comes to all things graphical, I can only stare on jealously at the wonderful things you are able to produce!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Now this is unexpected. Obviously I never expected to defeat the graphical colossus that is @Wraith11B but I'm almost as surprised by the weavings grabbing second place in front of the equally talented @roverS3 . Thanks to all the voters and congratulations again to the other winners.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to all three podium occupants - love all your work. Congrats also to everyone else who attracted their well-deserved votes.

• 3Like
Reactions:
My congratulations to @Wraith11B and @El Pip for their podium positions, the quality of Wraith's graphics and the originality of Pip's tapestries make them quite deserving indeed. I am quite content with this bronze medal, though there will be new graphics for 'Odin' (already planned) so we'll see who comes out on top next year... Felicitations also to all of the nominees for their efforts on the visual aspects of their work.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well done folks! And a hearty congratulations to @Wraith11B !

Reactions:

1646861077178.jpeg
1646861095574.jpeg
1646861137988.jpeg
1646861154855.jpeg
1646861164805.jpeg
1646861175993.jpeg
1646861185063.jpeg
1646861193448.jpeg
1646861204913.jpeg
1646861219031.jpeg
1646861237416.jpeg
1646861254411.jpeg

Adapted from The Adventurer, dir. Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin, 1917

• 2Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
We get this quality work and somehow I am the one who gets the top spot for Graphics Artist?!

Thank you for your regards, @filcat !

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
We get this quality work and somehow I am the one who gets the top spot for Graphics Artist?!
This is only for a congrat' post, but appreciating the praise, sincerely grateful; but your victory is highly deserved, so congratulations once again, cheers!

Though in case it may slip through, would recommend everyone to read
Jérusalem by @Werther;
the writAAR also started Crowns of the Levant recently;
another new notable one is REGNVM ROMANVM by @Simmy93, which started right about the ballots were cast, hence missed the opportunity to cast a vote for that.

• 2Like
Reactions: