• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Of our first four categories, this was the one voted upon the most. 17 of our 18 voters made their choice and nominated an astounding 42 AARs for this. We have a lot of AARs written within AARland and the crazy thing is this is but a mere toe in the water! A revered category and style (which I might suggest was actually created here and has been copied many times over at other forums), each of these works deserves their nomination. Our winner took a year off but returned with a bang and thus I give you the 2019 Narrative AAR of the Year...

As might be imagined, CK rather dominated this category and this work has been a mainstay and rightly so. Our silver then goes to...

A fairly close vote in which @JabberJock14 pulled it out in the last few nominations. Deservedly so. Yet we had many other nominations and ended up with a tie for third place...

and​

Four great works listed among these other excellent nominations listed in the order of the vote:

Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR) by @Bullfilter

Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR by @tpmcinty

The Last Pirate (Please comment pals) by @mad orc

Faith in Chaos - A Stellaris Story by @Macavity116

Crossfires, a French AAR for HoI2 Doomsday by @AtlanticFriend

The Yellow Rose - A Texas AAR by @PresidentStorm

Lancaster: The King in the North by @TheButterflyComposer

Rise of the Folkungs, A Nordic AAR by @streaker77

The Empress and I - A Tale from Rome by @KaiserWilhelmI

The Little Dux by @TheButterflyComposer

'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee by @roverS3

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 by @El Pip

The People of the Forest by @Dunaden

The Charnel Child (fanfiction) by @JackGoose

Rome, All there is is Rome, Glorious and Alone -- Paxus Roma by @jasondroth24

The Heavy Crown [Book the Third on the House of Wessex] by @coz1

Superior Arguments: A Stellaris AAR by @eoncommander

The Last Kingdom of Hen Ogledd - A 769 Strathclyde AAR by @Wysemage

Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR by @JerseyGiants88

The Path of Peace - An Indian Kaiserreich AAR by @SibCDC

The Human Stellar Union by @Smokez83

Netraxi Leaflet, obtained by a Human agent by @LWE

The Last Goth by @AlexanderPrimus

NABAAR - Not Another Byzantine After Action Report by @Leandor

Eschate — the Far Side of the World by @A Yorks

Tales from the Brotherhood - A Yemen AAR by @DukeOfNorfolk

A New Round Table: A Crusader Kings AAR by @General_BT

The Red Star by @Dodge

The Lucanian Wars - A short narrative story by @Nikolai

At the Edge of the World - A Portugal AAR by @Jokerang

Blessed Sithrandir Confederacy - Arise! (Or Not) by @Nikolai

Crete Balls of Fire - An Ierapetran AAR by @PEnglish82

Of Coast and Coin (Venice AAR) by @codie

Dragon Kin (a Targaryen AAR) by @Zamarak500

Praise the Rats: A Georgia AAR (936 A.D) by @Big Byzantine Blob

England Lives...and Marches on! - A Kaiserreich Story by @alex man142

The Future of the Red Lion by @stnylan

Suenik Reloaded by @iain_a_wilson

My goodness, that is a lot of great work!! Every single one mentioned is deserving of this nod and each one should be proud being mentioned among these others. Someone thought you had the best narrative AAR and hopefully others will see this list and give you some more views and mayhap even comments. :)

I'd certainly like to thank those that voted for mine, but more than that I wish to thank you all for giving this vote so many great works! It took a while to build the post, to be sure, but that is a hardship in which I am always willing to put in my time. I love narrative and thank you all to these great writAARs!

Keep your eyes open for the Megacampaign and MP/Interactive works coming up soon, but for now please feel free to offer up your congrats, thanks and thoughts on these excellent AARs. :D

Thanks to all who voted and a hearty congratulations to @JabberJock14 ! And THANK YOU again @coz1 for doing this!

Congrats to all the winners!

Many congratulations to all

Woo! I did not think I'd take it over the Song of Wessex, but is an honor to have taken the victory in this highly competitive category!

Thanks to everyone who voted, not just for mine, but in the awards in general. And thank you @coz1 for organizing it and, once again, for providing the inspiration for me to start writing Before Plantagenet to begin with! Eadgar of Wessex's influence still resonates today!

And if you haven't checked out the story, feel free to jump in. You could start at the beginning, but we're a long way in. However, you can also just start with the most recent generation, which starts here. Every generation kind of has their own set of central characters, so you can still enjoy it from that point.

Thanks once again to the voters as well as coz1 for putting it all together!

I honestly don't know what to say. Appearing along those paragons of Crusader Kings-related storytelling is literally incredible to me yet.

I tip my hat to the well-deserved winner @JabberJock14 as well as everyone else mentioned, everyone who took part in the vote and most particularly @coz1 for all the work.

Well done to our winners, some excellent works this year.

Also a special congratulations to @Bullfilter for taking the moral victory of being the best placed non-CK2 work, a worthy achievement in itself. ;)

Thank you all so much for including me in your votes! And congratulations to everyone of these authors on the list!
I am just really glad that people have been reading my work, honestly it was something that not a lot of people who I knew personally were interested in reading, but knowing that people I've never met are enjoying what I wrote is just, ah it's really cool. Thank you guys again.

Having cut my teeth many years ago in the world of the CK2 narrative AAR, it's fantastic to see the institution still incredibly healthy. Unfortunately I don't get so much time to read a load of narrative these days, but the form always has a place in my heart. Many congratulations to all involved. :)

Congratulations to all nominees, and to the, no doubt, well deserved winners in this category. I'm also glad to see 'Odin' nominated in this category. Having deliberately created a rather flexible format, and having done a lot more narrative writing in the more recent updates, I'm happy to see some voters even consider it a primarily narrative AAR. The narrative isn't going away, rest assured.

Congrats to all winners and nominees.

Thank you all so much for this honour, and congratulation to all other nominees and to our winners! Slow as I always am, Arthur's tale always had a special place in my heart, and I'm happy to see it getting this much recognition.

I'm glad to see some of my favourite AARs up there, but I'm also glad to see a lot of talent that had gone under my radar and that I'll have the chance to explore this coming year!

Congratulations @JabberJock14 and to all other winners and nominees!