• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
This turned into a very tight race with 13 of our 18 voters making nominations. In fact, number one is only separated from number two by 0.3 points. We also saw some writAARs with multiple works listed, including our winner so even though sometimes having multiple works compete can eat into your vote totals, in this case it certainly did not. Your 2019 Historybook AAR of the Year is...

This was followed closely as mentioned above by your runner up...

The votes for the above went back and forth as I counted and they both eventually pulled away from the pack. However, 3rd place gained many votes and is...

These were not the only votes as 35 different works were nominated at least once or more. They are (presented in the order of their vote):

Echoes of A New Tomorrow: Life after Revolution in the Commonwealth of Britain by @DensleyBlair

Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 by @Bullfilter

The Most Sublime Porte - An Ottoman AAR by @Riotkiller

The Yellow Rose - A Texas AAR by @PresidentStorm

An Empire in the West: A Syracuse AAR by @RossN

The Heavy Crown [Book the Third on the House of Wessex] by @coz1

The Butterfly Effect: A British AAR by @El Pip

The Age of Brass: A Spanish AAR by @RossN

Superior Arguments: A Stellaris AAR by @eoncommander

Caravans of Rockets by @vyshan

Civis Romanus Sum (An EU-Rome Vae Victis AAR) by @Bullfilter

The People of the Forest by @Dunaden

Third Time's the Charm - The Many Children of Earth by @Kylia Quilor

The dark reign of the Gulk-Furki by @starkwolf

Baltic Lightning: a Grand Campaign AAR [HOI4 Branch] by @Centurial

A brief history of the Serene Xing Empire by @LWE

Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR by @JerseyGiants88

Macedonian Tales - An Antipatrid 1.2 AAR by @Nikolai

Netraxi Leaflet, obtained by a Human agent by @LWE

Through Iron & Ash: A Cardassian AAR by @Jape

Patria, Justicia, y Libertad -- Synarchist Mexico AAR by @RedTemplar

Towards Blue Skies - a "realistic" UNE story (with 170+ mods) by @Charger24

Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings by @volksmarschall

The Future of the Red Lion by @stnylan

Empire for Liberty: America in the Long Nineteenth Century by @volksmarschall

Land of the Silver Birch - A Canadian AAR by @vyshan

Stellaris: Tale of the Sol Dominion by @scpour92

Lords of the Horizon - An Ottoman History by @Jape

Road of Queens - CKII India AAR by @Eurasia

The Liberty Bell Rings: The Story of The Free American Commonwealth by @trekfan

WTWSMS- To Rome and the World! by @Tiberionus

Lanes of the Sahara : A CK2 Banu Khattab AAR by @lad

That's a lot of history!!! Every mention here means someone considered your work one of the best historybook AARs and each nomination is definitely worthy! Congratulations to everyone mentioned and especially to our winner @RossN (especially for your multiple works listed above!)

Look for the 2019 Narrative category tomorrow and please offer up your congrats and thanks below. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations all round, and particularly to @RossN! Fantastically well deserved. :)

If you will indulge me, I’d like to thank all those who helped push Echoes of A New Tomorrow to a very respectable fourth place finish. I keep saying it, but it is far more than I ever expected when I made the leap to return to AARland as a writer last summer. The community may have changed a great deal since I was last here, but in its own way it still feels like coming home. :)

Many congratulations @RossN

congratulations all, voters and nominees and winners alike. @Riotkiller I hope all this votes make you return to your AAR :)

@coz1 thanks again for organizing this all

Oh wow! I did not expect such a nice result for my first little project!

Thank you to all those who voted and congratulations to the other winners!

And, of course, thanks to @coz1 for organizing the whole thing!

Wow thank you everyone who voted for me and for @coz1 for your hard work in putting this together! :)

I'd also like to congratulate all the other nominees and winners of these awards! :)

Congrats to all the winners! (Hehehehe - Who wrote Road of Queens? - Hehehehe!)

Last edited:
Congrats to all the winners! (Hehehehe - Who wrote Road of Queens? - Hehehehe!)
Ack! With 35 AARs, I knew I would screw up somewhere. :rolleyes: It is certainly fixed! :)

Thank you all to everyone who voted, and a second thanks to everyone who voted for me. A hearty congratulations to @RossN for his first place finish!

Congratulations to our worthy winners and thanks to some of the voters, specifically the ones who voted for the correct works.

The rest of you... I think you all need to go away and think about what you have done, hopefully you will get things right next year. ( ;) :D )

Congratulations all around. I really like the historybook type AAR. It provides a top-down view of events, while enabling the writer to add as much, or as little, real or fictitious, historical context as he/she desires. All of the nominees I have read, and in all probability also those I haven't read, have found their own ways of making these alternate histories feel like the real thing. Let's just hope none of them ever end up in the Ministry of Truth, for they would rewrite history so well we wouldn't notice it had been rewritten.

Ah, my favourite AAR type and a deserving list of great work.

Congratulations to everyone! A worthy list of future reads. :)

congratulations all, voters and nominees and winners alike. @Riotkiller I hope all this votes make you return to your AAR :)

@coz1 thanks again for organizing this all
Aha, as a matter of fact I am now finding some time available again - it took quite a while to adapt to my new career, perhaps more than expected - and I'm hoping to return to it in the near future (though no promises!). So a special thank you to everyone who remembered my work, as it had been a few months since the last update by the time voting rolled around :p

Congratulations @RossN and all other winners and nominees!