• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
We have reached the first of our merged categories and they were merged for a reason. Multiplayer games have been a stalwart at this forum since very near the inception and some excellent AARs have come from that. Interactive AARs (in the manner we know them now) is a newer construct, but no less active in their following. Or have been in the past. This year, we saw 4 total voters make nomination in this category for 7 different AARs (and one voter is responsible for the bulk of them.) It did give us a clear winner, but from a very small sample size. This takes nothing from our winner as it was named twice within the vote. Thus...

Your 2018 Multiplayer/Interactive AAR of the Year is:

With 2 votes, this is the champion! Well done! :) That is one more vote than anyone else got. The other six AARs in descending order of the vote are:

Each got one vote (weighted) and each and every one should be proud to have been mentioned! I don't mind saying that it was a bit of a shame that more MPs did not get a nod, but then I myself did not vote in the category. I guess I assumed that others that enjoy this type of work might step forward. :rolleyes:

I think we need to find a better way to get this type of news to those that do get involved in these types of work and/or maybe even combine this and the next category (LP's/Video) into one if that cannot be accomplished. Those that spend time on a work such as this do so as much as any other and that was the reason it is included. Not everybody likes comedy...certainly not everybody likes full on narrative. But each type of work has their writers and their readers and these writAARs deserve a place at the table, IMHO.

All that said, we must congratulate our winner @magnum2016 and all others that gained a vote! As well, thank you to those few that singled out this category as one to vote for. Each one that gained a nomination thanks you, I am certain! So offer congrats well deserved and when we are done with this round, we will look at this again. There is a solution, I am certain. :)

Last edited:
Congrats @magnum2016 and all the other nominees. I'm not sure my AAR is that much more interactive than many works mentioned in other categories, but I will gladly accept this second place...

Congrats to the winners and all who voted!

Congratulations to all!

Alas one category I was not really able to vote for. Many congratulations to the winners.

Oh, I somehow missed the alert for this so a belated thanks for the vote (whoever the kind soul was) and congrats to the winner and placegetter. This was totally unexpected, but now seeing the description of the topic and some of the other AARs mentioned (especially @roverS3’s great Odin and Stalin’s Secret Committee), I get it. Next time this one is voted on I will expand my horizons!

I might suggest the next time round perhaps there could be a very short word picture description of what the ‘interactive’ genre can cover (I think MP is pretty clear). That might help to generate more votes and widen horizons. There are a few AARs I might think of next time and be on the lookout for in the interim. :)

First off, congratulations to our winner. An excellent bit of work, if somewhat intimidating to try and catch up with. ;)

I might suggest the next time round perhaps there could be a very short word picture description of what the ‘interactive’ genre can cover (I think MP is pretty clear). That might help to generate more votes and widen horizons. There are a few AARs I might think of next time and be on the lookout for in the interim. :)
Very much this. After the great purge by the mods a few years back the old style interactive AARs have pretty much gone and probably aren't coming back. What we have now are 'mildly interactive' ones, do they count? I think some definition of what 'interactive' covers would assist the voting public.

I was a part of a Democratic Vicky that ran through Discord and Twitch as well as a DemoHoI4 game but I don't think they ever posted here (it was always on Reddit and Imgur). I think that would (or should) qualify, and it meets the requirements of the mods for not turning into a massive flame thread as the threads did on the Reddit and Discords.

I was a part of a Democratic Vicky that ran through Discord and Twitch as well as a DemoHoI4 game but I don't think they ever posted here (it was always on Reddit and Imgur). I think that would (or should) qualify, and it meets the requirements of the mods for not turning into a massive flame thread as the threads did on the Reddit and Discords.
Only AARs posted here on the forums should qualify IMHO, else it quickly gets a mess to keep track of. :)

Really a topic for the main thread (so we don't take way from the deserved congrats for our winner here) but two quick points:

1.) The "purge" was not so much a purge but a better definition of the rules. Old school Interactive AARs tended to get out of hand in a hurry. They are still very much allowed but require a tight hand. Mildly interactive is definitely eligible for this and I will make certain to say so when next we do this again.

2.) As @Nikolai suggests above - only works posted here in AARland are eligible. Nothing wrong with posting AARs somewhere else, but why would you? Isn't this the best place for it? :) We've only built AARland from the ground up over 18 years. ;)

[And again - I'd rather this particular discussion be in the main voting thread.]

Oh gosh! I apologize for not noticing this earlier life has really been killing me Haha. Thank you for the nomination!