• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We hear you, we are reading your feedback.

We are working on several issues for an hotfix, however, specficially regarding the HRE balance, we have reverted a mistake that made AI ignore its logic for joining the HRE. We are also tweaking numbers regarding Imperial Authority gain, amongst other things.

Sadly nothing will be out before the weekend.

• 158Like
  • 27Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Great to hear. I just hope it won't be tweaked too much the other way too. The imperial authority gain seems to be mostly fair; the problems mostly come from nations joining without motivation. Out of curiousity, at the moment it is possible to do reforms on the centralized or decentralized path for the HRE while not all general reforms are done yet. Is that WAD or not?

Some other balance suggestions from my side:

- At the moment there isn't a strong reason to take the decentralized path yet. Possible ways to fix that are:
* make the decentralized path shorter than the centralized path. Put some decentralized reforms together.
* perhaps if you revoke the priviligia your number of relationship slots need to be reduced as you already get a ton of subjects that don't count.
* no great power will be willing to ally you once you revoke the priviligia. All other nations are more eager to look for alliances to stay safe.
- Please make the AI be able to handle manpower and money better as it's common for the AI to run out of both. At this point I'd prefer the AI "cheating"/getting modifiers over them not being able to keep themselves alive.

If IA gain really is a problem, maybe reconsider the AE from forcing a nation into the empire instead. As emperor it would be much better to force a tag into the empire for reduced AE instead of conquering it as you don't have to core it, don't eat as much AE. Even if the tag gets eaten right after, you already got your 10 IA from it joining the empire.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you, I was really upset to find all that out, but I hope you'll fix that asap, mostly the problematic around IA joining the empire too easily, or it have its provinces being added to the empire with the exception of the only capital

Reactions:
thanks a lot - I know a lot of criticism was harsh and I was part of that, but it comes from a place of wanting this game to be great. so much of what Emperor promises is very very good, it's just, as you know, the implementation had problems. Looking forward to a hotfix and enjoying this DLC and patch

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you.

You should also try to play the game in different resolutions.
I've got blurred icons and very compressed scrolling interfaces with a 1366 x 768 laptop. It's very unpleasant for my eyes.

Verify the integrity of all the imperial incidents and new mission trees, some of them seems to be broken.
Council of Trent.. The league war too since you don't get called to arms if you are in an other one.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Please also undo the nerfs to army tradition in defensive and quality ideas, as well as the 5% CA policy is a massively drastic nerf. At least put it at 10%, ideally 15%.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Out of curiousity, at the moment it is possible to do reforms on the centralized or decentralized path for the HRE while not all general reforms are done yet. Is that WAD or not?

The (de)centralisation path is unlocked after the fifth reform, the Imperial Diet. The last two generic reforms can be ignored if you're beelining for revoking the privilege, or you can take them as well if you want.

Reactions:
Tweaking the reform paths a bit to be more balanced would be nice. For example the fact that Emperorship can still be lost at full decentralised reforms makes it risky in addition to being significantly weaker.

Moving the hereditary emperorship to the general branch would help a bit at least.

Reactions:
Any comments on why starting money and manpower of certain countries were lowered? As a Muscowy, there is no enough money and manpower to immediately fill the force limit in order to finish the first mission.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.