• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's pretty much what I had in mind. How does 50 points strike you?

So, fifty points according to this table?

http://crystalempiregames.com/development/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.FTG13Planning

OK---since I believe MichaelM has access to the Vicky Rev code, how about porting features from that to make it easier? For instance:

Maybe government types from Vicky Rev?

I believe the map has various modes that previous posters requested...maybe just port the Victoria map over?

Requiring goods and cash for the construction of units and buildings?

Goods based on Vicky Rev?

Factories can be advanced manufactories with input(s) to and output. Trade goods can be expanded to reflect the raw materials from Vic Revolutions, and have iron+coal=steel, cotton or wool+ a fabric factory=fabric, etc. to reflect the industrial revolution which is within the EU2 timeframe.

Like the V:R diplomatic systems, the ability to buy/sell/trade tech, claims, provinces, as well as dominions (like a vassal but the same culture with a deeper relationship)

Last edited:
First off, thanks MichaelM for all your hard work and continued dedication to making the most polished, best iteration of this game and possibly of any on the europa engine!

In reading through the list, there are some great ideas in there, but many are too time-intensive to opt for if you ask me: Experience for armies or Summary upon a ruler's death are good examples. Yeah, sure that'd be cool but either would be nearly 1/3 of the allotment. So would be nice, but those higher difficulty/longer tasks don't seem to me to be worth prioritizing when so many other things can be accomplished instead.

That being said, these are the ones I'd most like to see if I were to write the changelog I'd most like to see:

*Autosending merchants only to selected trade centers.
*More optional AI parameters, e.g. “neutrality”, “liberate”, “colonydistance” etc.
*Vassals and partners of personal unions should not count towards the max alliance size.
*New triggers “ally = TAG” and “enemy = TAG”, or allow -1 instead of tags for alliance/war triggers.
*trigger "ownerchange/controlchange" not working
*New trigger “allies = x” (true if at least this many allies)
*Commands to set techs to certain levels (rather than investing gold).
*Revolting countries get national cores on “extra” provinces iff those provinces are part of the country when it revolts.
*If a country controls no provinces and some provinces are controlled by REB, then the government can fall even if the capital is controlled by a country other than REB. (Non-national rebel-controlled provinces should immediately break free in this case.)

So, fifty points according to this table?

OK---since I believe MichaelM has access to the Vicky Rev code, how about porting features from that to make it easier? For instance:

Maybe government types from Vicky Rev?

I believe the map has various modes that previous posters requested...maybe just port the Victoria map over?

Requiring goods and cash for the construction of units and buildings?

Goods based on Vicky Rev?

Factories can be advanced manufactories with input(s) to and output. Trade goods can be expanded to reflect the raw materials from Vic Revolutions, and have iron+coal=steel, cotton or wool+ a fabric factory=fabric, etc. to reflect the industrial revolution which is within the EU2 timeframe.

Like the V:R diplomatic systems, the ability to buy/sell/trade tech, claims, provinces, as well as dominions (like a vassal but the same culture with a deeper relationship)

Wow, this would be amazing! And truth be told, my gut reaction is that I'd rather have that (assuming its even possible and not an ungodly amount of work) than all the changes on the list (with the possible exception of the Autosend merchants feature & AI parameters) but unfortunately, it seems like it would be massive overhaul and radical change for the game rather than tidying up some last loose ends sort of thing, no?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Would it be possible to tie leaders to certain provinces? E.g. Jan von Werth working for Cologne if the archbishop controls the province, or for Bavaria or any other minor German nation? Right now you have to insert dormant leaders into leader files and and write events for every possible country - quite some tedious work.

Also: adding new religions becomes even more a pain the more you add to the game. All those relations, tolerance sliders and whantnot can easily drive you mad. I'd really like to add some more religions to A4K but all the editing is driving me slowly insane. :-D Maybe (just maybe) you could provide us with some small tool to make things easier?

Pretty sure that's not a bug.
Of course it's a bug. From default revolt.txt:
#extra = { } List of provinces that will join a revolter if also revolted. Listed provinces are CLAIMS of the new country.
In any case, I see no reason why whether a province is considered a national core or a claim of a new country should depend on whether that province happens to be controlled by rebels at the specific moment the new country is created.

In any case, I see no reason why whether a province is considered a national core or a claim of a new country should depend on whether that province happens to be controlled by rebels at the specific moment the new country is created.

Because it probably means that rule from X country is welcomed? Revolts and rebels are too abstract in this game to be sure of anything, but you could see it that way.

And if the original country reconquers the province from rebels before the new country is created, then the province wouldn't welcome being ruled by the new country in case of later expansion? I dunno, this doesn't make any sense to me.

In any case, the current logic goes directly against documentation in two different places; first in revolt.txt (where "claims" is put in ALL CAPS) and also in the changelog (Countries formed by event or revolt, using revolt.txt, only get real cores on the provinces listed as minimum, and get "claims" cores on the ones listed as extra) so for me that's a bug.

Edit: In HoI2 there are three lists:
  • minimum = { } - essentially like 'minimum' in FTG, except all provinces need to be controlled before a country can be released/revolt (in FTG, one province is enough)
  • extra = { } - always national cores, will be given to country on independence if possible
  • claims = { } - always claims, will not be given to country on independence
If someone feels strongly about this issue then maybe the HoI2 system can be added to the list of feature requests? As long as the bug with random national cores is fixed I don't really care either way, but I guess it would objectively be an improvement.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to tie leaders to certain provinces? E.g. Jan von Werth working for Cologne if the archbishop controls the province, or for Bavaria or any other minor German nation? Right now you have to insert dormant leaders into leader files and and write events for every possible country - quite some tedious work.

This is another great idea, I've wanted this for a long time too!

On the other hand though, I guess it's preferable to address the things for which there's no workaround. At least for this issue you *can* fix it, just as you've described, not great, but it can be done. Whereas some of the other things on the wishlist have no such workaround, tedious or otherwise. And if this is the final update...

What's up, guys? :)

I will re-post my little suggestions about FTG 1.3 here:

1. When you hover with the mouse over a capital city of a country it should be nice to see not only the land and naval tech levels but all 5 techs of every country.
2. Add a switch like in the political map mode for armies ON/OFF at every map mode.
3. Replace the red line when you right click to move your army or ships with arrow like in EU3 or EU4.

That's all. ;)

Please feel free to add your suggestions to the list. It's a wiki, after all. :)

I'll probably start the voting thread within the next few days, so get your requests in while you can.

get your requests in while you can.
Okay, if you insist...

How does 50 points strike you?
The current mean (and also median) complexity is 8, so with 50 points you could pick 6 average features.

Having fewer points to allocate will make it obvious which handful of features are very popular, while having more points to allocate would be better for separating the moderately popular features from the less popular features. So I'd say that if you only want to implement a couple of the most popular features then 40-50 points seems reasonable, but if you have more time available then something around 80-100 points seems more appropriate IMO.

(Edit: Calling it now, "autosending merchants only to selected trade centers" will be the most popular feature request by a significant margin.)

Does the Victoria map have any province/region limits? And is there any tool with which it can be modified?
Jamie's MapUtility is designed to work with the Vicky map. I believe the Vicky map does have a region limit although I'm not sure what size the regions are. However, I don't think the region limit would be a problem:

prussia.jpg

The Vicky map has 2864 provinces, but unlike Magellan, Jamie's MapUtility can also be used for other games with a higher limit (e.g. Darkest Hour) so the only real limitation would be the FTG binaries. The Vicky map also has a higher resolution of 29952*11520 (compared to 18944*7296 in FTG).

Last edited:
@Andrei Gijgorev:
Countries that do not own or control any CoTs are still able to impose embargoes, and AI countries will in fact do so frequently. | Bug
Embargoes also affect which CoT a province will trade in, so they are not completely useless.

@ whoever added this line:
Being able to use ä, ö, and ü in cultures and terrains localisation.
What happens right now? Are the characters not displayed or displayed wrong?