Thanks for the 3.0.3 Beta but name lists when?

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Midsummer Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off!

Enjoy some sun and song this Midsummer, but when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't have to stop! Paradox has a festive sale on plenty of games to keep your summer nights going!

June 18th - June 30th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

HistoricalScore1

First Lieutenant
On Probation
May 5, 2021
Hey you! Yes, you, reading this!
Don't forget to upvote this.
Maybe that has
influence on decision makers' consideration.

upvote.png

I've really been impressed with this game and the devs (for the most part) on their speed and constant updates to the game. 3.0.3 looks like a step in the right direction. Though I'll still use StarNet AI for better AI performance. Mine as well, since my orks1 name_list breaks the checksum.

If this has already been answered, please link the thread. All I saw is some posts saying that Paradox acknowledges custom name templates in common/name_lists shouldn't affect the checksum. But that's it. This impacts Achievement accessibility.

From what I see on Reddit and here, folks have been asking since day 1 for a way to create custom name templates without it affecting the checksum. Any word on when this will no longer be a major low priority for those of us that enjoy immersion and roleplay? It's pulls me out of the game to have to rename a planet, sector, leader, fleet, etc. every single time. It only took a while once to make my own custom name list using the template the human file. I also hear it impacts multiplayer access.

EDIT:
At least explain an ETA on this? Does this completely modify the UI so it'd require gutting the code? What? Flags don't break checksum. Why do custom names? This has been requested since day 1...balance, pop growth Is super understandable to take a while. StarCraft balance releases took a while. But this, is just really unreasonable, especially with no answer from PDX on why or when.

Here's a post from 7.25.19 and one from 2.0.1.6. That's right. 4+ years ago.

Last edited:

HistoricalScore1

First Lieutenant
On Probation
May 5, 2021
Edited the main thread to include even more posts from history. I skipped 10 pages at a time, because there are just sooo many.

GOLANX

Captain
19 Badges
Mar 17, 2021
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
Should also apply to custom portraits, flags, and shipsets, anything cosmetic only

Reactions: