Thank you for your Service | Spring Sale | Steam Store Update

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WOW- this is a great announcement! Thank goodness you didn't make it on April Fool's, or I would think you were joking!

This doesn't help me much directly, since I paid for all those DLCs years ago. But indirectly, it's great to think this could mean that Canada, Australia, and India will finally get a focus tree worthy of their significant contributions to the Second World War.

Well done, Paradox!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hypothetically, and this is purely hypothetical.

Making Waking the Tiger free would make it easier for Paradox to package a Japan rework in an upcoming DLC. They wouldn't need to maintain Base Japan + WtT Japan and DLC Japan. It'd just be Base (WtT) Japan + DLC Japan which is how it works now.

Same would go for TfV and DoD nations. Hypothetically...

• 6Like
Reactions:
Good moves all around. I don't need compensation for this as a prior owner, because I got to play with them for several years for what I paid. I'm hoping nobody now complains that they have to 'pay twice' for a brand new expansion's worth of stuff/work for an older major.

Since others brought it up even though it's pretty unrelated to this though, I do wish pre-order songs were available as dlc a few years (maybe once the next expansion comes out) after release. And I say that as someone who owns all of them already.

• 11Like
Reactions:
This seem really good, but I miss something for all the people who already bought these dlcs. Something like a free "cosmetic" dlc or something like that would be cool. Or maybe a custom song.
They’re several years old, not sure why we deserve compensation?

I’d agree if the DLC came out like a year ago.

Reactions:
Would you consider a future discount for prior owners on future DLC touching up similar countries as those 3 DLC did? like a -20% on a new DLC that so happens to touch upon East Asia again as WtT did.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Would you consider a future discount for prior owners on future DLC touching up similar countries as those 3 DLC did? like a -20% on a new DLC that so happens to touch upon East Asia again as WtT did.
When you buy a DLC you weigh up whether the cost of it is something you want to pay for the content that is available. You got your money's worth same as the rest of us, not sure why people feel they deserve a future discount.

Reactions:
I’m hoping that this move paves the way for two DLC focusing on SEA and SWPA. If so shut up and take my money!

• 2Like
Reactions:
@Arheo I see now why you ignored my comment on the patch thread. I swear I am not a spy.
1710491266536.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
If we would go to that region again. I would say no, and for multiple reasons. One being its financially not a sound idea and second which is a big one here, I dont think you are able to do that with Steam and it would have to be for everyone.

I know this isnt the answer you sought after but I thought being transparent here is best.

Well done, Paradox!

I assume if you already have the DLC that will become a part of the base game, there is no difference for you. Correct?

Specifically, I am thinking in regard to mods (i.e. will my file setup [already have DLC] be different than someone who just now purchases as part of base game)?

To all people thinking "this doesn't affect me", that's true at present. Once future releases build upon the mechanics those DLCs introduced, it will affect you: better, future content. As well as the possibility of fresh focus trees for Germany, Japan, etc.

It's been so long I didn't even realise the subject levels and equipment licensing weren't part of the base game. Especially the latter: so many focus trees had design licensing paths I thought it was built in.

• 9Like
Reactions:
If we would go to that region again. I would say no, and for multiple reasons. One being its financially not a sound idea and second which is a big one here, I dont think you are able to do that with Steam and it would have to be for everyone.

I know this isnt the answer you sought after but I thought being transparent here is best.
Would be hard to prove that you have already owned them before the floodgates opened at March 14th 2024, indeed.

Reactions:
I’m hoping that this move paves the way for two DLC focusing on SEA and SWPA. If so shut up and take my money!
I decided to be more cautious with my bet as the pricing is not so friendly for Rupiah right now (it lost almost 50% of its value between November 2021 and September 2022, with i preordered NSB at 109k Rupiahs and i decided to not buy By Blood Alone when i found out that the price is now at 215k Rupiahs).

But if i lost it again because my expected features are there, yeah, take my money again lol

• 1Like
Reactions:
We can pay again when these countries are reworked.....

If I know this, I will not prepare a proposal for the transformation of Hungary, because I already feel embarrassed that this will be used to collect even more money from the players.:oops:
The least we can do is to pull out rare books to help them if there are something they got wrong.

As, not every available source on English for Indonesian political history during the Silent Era (1927-1940) is at Europe or even Indonesia. Some are on the libraries of Australia National University or Singapore National University, and much more can be found at Cornell University's Modern Indonesia Project at New York.

For Indonesian-language literatures, it frankly lacked compared to the works done by the Anglophone disciples of George McTurnan Kahin from Cornell, but since early 2010s efforts has been made to translate the aforementioned Modern Indonesia Project literatures to Indonesian.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The lest we can do is to pull out rare books to help them if there are something they got wrong.

As, not every available source on English for Indonesian political history during the Silent Era (1927-1940) is at Europe or even Indonesia. Some are on the libraries of Australia National University or Singapore National University, and much more can be found at Cornell University's Modern Indonesia Project at New York.

For Indonesian-language literatures, it frankly lacked compared to the works done by the Anglophone disciples of George McTurnan Kahin from Cornell, but since early 2010s efforts has been made to translate the aforementioned Modern Indonesia Project literatures to Indonesian.
That's why I started preparing the proposal. Then when I realized that it would most likely not be a free conversion, I didn't continue, even though a lot of things were left out. I was already aware of this several months earlier, based on the statements of the developers, that I would have to pay for this.

To put it mildly, I was outraged when I realized that they were taking money from the players again! That is, pay again for what you have already bought. Especially so that those who bought the given dlc that will not receive any compensation when the new content is released. I'm sorry, but I didn't spend a lot of time making this proposal so that players would pay for it repeatedly!

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions: