• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tass248

Sergeant
85 Badges
Dec 15, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Really Pdx, my second full refund of a Paradox product right after Empire of Sin. I followed and supported every single release since the first Crusader Kings... Even Sengoku! But these two titles show a level of contempt for your fanbase and lack of professional acuity that might just lead you down the same road of 3DO, THQ or Silicon Knights.

Why is the last piece of official news on VtM older than the second COVID wave? Does it really take such a big effort to keep the community appraised? I work for a big corporation and through the multiple lockdowns and different world measures taken we have kept our customers informed on all Social media platforms... Nevermind a private little forum, the store page on Steam or the official site of the game...

You can say what you want about publishers/producers but the fact is still you are the face of this. Much the same way Disney+ gets hammered when an actress, who they have no control over, says things... so should you take responsability on a product you support.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Thank you, for this eloquent statement, I would like to add that the twitter of the Studio seems more concerned with their Pets and informing us about their charity work (which in itself is a good thing but at least mention how your work on the projects are going).

• 3Like
Reactions:
As for topic ...
Its sad, but its the fact.
Thank you, for this eloquent statement, I would like to add that the twitter of the Studio seems more concerned with their Pets and informing us about their charity work (which in itself is a good thing but at least mention how your work on the projects are going).
You forgot cupcakes ... i have seen cupcakes on twitter few days back. :-/

• 7Haha
Reactions:
Oh, I missed that one, should have gone on twitter this week to check my info was still valid & up to date.
Well, cup cakes are an important issue for a Dev Team in the US probably.

Reactions:
This sort of total radio silence is usually an indication of scraping large portions of a game, they aren't sharing anything for the same reason why an unannounced game a few years from launch isn't; they don't have much to show I reckon.

• 3Like
Reactions:
This sort of total radio silence is usually an indication of scraping large portions of a game, they aren't sharing anything for the same reason why an unannounced game a few years from launch isn't; they don't have much to show I reckon.
But would it hurt to say it, as it is anyone who is still left here is thinking the worst. I mean if they have time to tweet about their pets then they should have the time to say: "Hey we are rewriting and reprograming the game, as soon as we have something for you we will inform you. Rest assured it will be great, thanks to our new Team."
Whether the new direction will be to the current Customer Base & Fans taste is debatable, but at least its something.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am not trying to defend their action, but I believe they are waiting to kick-start their marketing campaign for their game until they are ready to do so and no one are allowed to share anything about the game until then.

We should however be informed that this is what they are doing, which is a big oversight.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am not trying to defend their action, but I believe they are waiting to kick-start their marketing campaign for their game until they are ready to do so and no one are allowed to share anything about the game until then.

We should however be informed that this is what they are doing, which is a big oversight.
If they are waiting to market their product, they should pull the Preorder until they are ready to market, IMHO.

Reactions:
Really Pdx, my second full refund of a Paradox product right after Empire of Sin. I followed and supported every single release since the first Crusader Kings... Even Sengoku! But these two titles show a level of contempt for your fanbase and lack of professional acuity that might just lead you down the same road of 3DO, THQ or Silicon Knights.

Why is the last piece of official news on VtM older than the second COVID wave? Does it really take such a big effort to keep the community appraised? I work for a big corporation and through the multiple lockdowns and different world measures taken we have kept our customers informed on all Social media platforms... Nevermind a private little forum, the store page on Steam or the official site of the game...

You can say what you want about publishers/producers but the fact is still you are the face of this. Much the same way Disney+ gets hammered when an actress, who they have no control over, says things... so should you take responsability on a product you support.

Yeah in a way it feels as if PDX has lost some of its old flair after going Public.
Destroying Prison Architect with bug inducing mostly limited to skins DLCs openend my eyes to how it feels as if they're doing worse and worse... And it funnily enough made me look more critical on DLC i already bought for other games of them and see at how broken mechanical the DLCs are for HoI IV, or how smallish and greedy things feel for other games...

Reactions:
Going Public hasn't affected ownership. The majority shareholders are exactly the same as before the listing. Just because shares are tradeable, does not mean they are being traded. The supervisory board is also mostly the same.

Just be patient. Obviously PDX wants this game to be a success. The development process was not up to their liking and they had to make changes to ensure that the game could complete. They would rather delay release then release a flawed game because they want to increase the visibility of the WoD IP.

By all means, cancel your preorders. Wait till release, if reviews and user feedback is great, buy the game.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Yea preordering is silly anyway imo.

and agreed re: redoing large portions of the game. likely they really disagreed with where the game was going (and to be fair, the demos were just.. bad) / didn't see enough progress etc. doesn't mean the end product will be bad per se, but they probably are in development hell :)

still doesn't change the fact that they should've said *something*, but no point in doom and gloom. despite the fact that the werewolf game tanked ;p

Reactions:
Going Public hasn't affected ownership. The majority shareholders are exactly the same as before the listing. Just because shares are tradeable, does not mean they are being traded. The supervisory board is also mostly the same.

Just be patient. Obviously PDX wants this game to be a success. The development process was not up to their liking and they had to make changes to ensure that the game could complete. They would rather delay release then release a flawed game because they want to increase the visibility of the WoD IP.

By all means, cancel your preorders. Wait till release, if reviews and user feedback is great, buy the game.

You're arguing points i never made - e.g. mass of shares having changed hands and boards changed (though honestly, take a look at the 2016 board and the current one - change of 50%+ on the board, with a different chairman now). And again to actually refute your sentiment. Sure Wester is still there, but it's quite a distinction of being CEO and being a member of the board - just take a look as how stock markets reacted towards Gates, Bezos or even a Martin Winterkorn leaving their position. Also be free to look up how the Senior Management only holds 2 person from 2016 in 2019 - all readily available in their annual reports...

My point was that i percieved a change in direction after 2016 - and i happily invite you in telling me that that is just my perception. Which might totally be the case. But from what i percieved they started expanding and seemingly lost some coherence in how to manage more companies (Harebrained not having done anything in

Reactions:
Yeah in a way it feels as if PDX has lost some of its old flair after going Public.
Destroying Prison Architect with bug inducing mostly limited to skins DLCs openend my eyes to how it feels as if they're doing worse and worse... And it funnily enough made me look more critical on DLC i already bought for other games of them and see at how broken mechanical the DLCs are for HoI IV, or how smallish and greedy things feel for other games...

Wow, I didn't know about Prison Architect, thanks for the warning. :(

I'm pretty sure it's a given that PDX wants VTMB2 to be successful (answering an earlier question on this thread), but the question is I don't think PDX and Hardsuit know how to make that happen - but granted, they're likely doing the right thing by actually figuring out what the game is.

Reactions:
Wow, I didn't know about Prison Architect, thanks for the warning. :(

I'm pretty sure it's a given that PDX wants VTMB2 to be successful (answering an earlier question on this thread), but the question is I don't think PDX and Hardsuit know how to make that happen - but granted, they're likely doing the right thing by actually figuring out what the game is.

The only saving grace with Prison Architect is that at some point they gave the option to choose an old version of the game to play old version (anniversary 2015 & 2018 ) through the Steam Beta system. But that still means, you bought a ~5,99 € dlc you can't use (or with the following DLCs 9,99€ per DLC).

Honestly, i don't know what's going on with them. But it's looking to me as if they've somehow had a problem with the game direction ( don't know if gameplay/sotrytelling or wahtever) that some higher management in PDX only learnt of in the last year. Which lead to them changing the personnell working on the game. But that's an interpretation and even with that interpretation we still could get a great game.
And to make it sure again, i wish everyone involved in the project a hopefully good time working on the game (and in ther personal life), even if i'm critical on what's going on with the production. It's not that i think anyone is doing a bad job personally and i don't think there's some villaious or completly stupid guy involved - but sometimes things simply don't work out how they should. Though eitherway i hope they personally don't even care about our quite insignificant voices.

Reactions:
Though eitherway i hope they personally don't even care about our quite insignificant voices.
We're their consumer base, our voices should be the most important thing they listen to. This kind of thinking is why the games industry is filled with live service crap and major games launching in unplayable states.

Reactions: