• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once again I must bring your attention to errors within the third anglo-afghan war even chain.

I have studied it and have found that it is conditional of a b-choice beeing selected, meaning that for an AI UK, the third anglo-afghan was will almost never happen - and it would be odd that a historical event depends on an ahistorical choice.

(And please do not forget the above provinces)

IInd world war?

After defeating Germany and the Treaty of Versailles, France and all allies that remain, declare the war on Germany again. Why is that?

OH, and Allenby, I suggest that the names on the 'political triangle' is to be changed.

I think it is wrong calling the central powers ideology 'fascism'...

Gentlemen, I just wanted to take this opportunity to Thank each and every one of you for your excellence in the pursuit of detail and your unrelenting commitment to this fine creation. I first posted on page 20, nervous about the location of my TGW load prob question:) I was not blasted for my maybe ill-placed question, instead the answers were most helpful. I installed and re-installed just over a dozen times until I got it. Why was I so persistent at getting TGW to work for me? I'll tell you why, I felt that if this many dedicated people have worked so hard voluntarily to create something for others to enjoy then I certainly couldn't give up. I'm up and running and loving every minute of it. Thank You Gentlemen for giving me hours of enjoyment from the fruits of your labor. You all should be extremely proud as I know I am. Take care.

Regards,
Seamus McCann
USA by way of Eire.

ps. I hope this is the appropriate place for this comment! lol

Thanks Mccann2nd we appreciate your kind thoughts.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Once again I must bring your attention to errors within the third anglo-afghan war even chain.

I have studied it and have found that it is conditional of a b-choice beeing selected, meaning that for an AI UK, the third anglo-afghan was will almost never happen - and it would be odd that a historical event depends on an ahistorical choice.

(And please do not forget the above provinces)

You should be more specific. What event are you referring to?

Mccann2nd said:
Gentlemen, I just wanted to take this opportunity to Thank each and every one of you for your excellence in the pursuit of detail and your unrelenting commitment to this fine creation.

Thanks ever so much. I wouldn't bother without such kind compliments. :)

Allenby said:
You should be more specific. What event are you referring to?

Damn! I must have made a mistake! :( I cannot find the rrror I saw some time ago...

Just thought I'd throw this link in as it concerncs Russian forces on the Western front in 1917. Don't know if this would be of use to anyone.

Shadow Knight said:
Just thought I'd throw this link in as it concerncs Russian forces on the Western front in 1917. Don't know if this would be of use to anyone.
Thanks, but, um, you did see who posted the #2 post in that thread, didn't you? :)

Although I have to say that the March 1918 OOBs I consulted didn't mention the Russian units on the Western and Salonika fronts, nor what happened to them after the Revolution. Maybe they were disarmed or sent home?

Yeah I saw it. Just wanted to bring it to the attention of the rest of our little community.

Were the Russian units supposedly on the Western Front drawn from perhaps Russians living in the West and formed there because it was eaier to place them there than to ship them all the way to Russia, or were they actually trained and then transported from Russia?

If its the former then perhaps an event giving France "The Russian Division" might be acceptable if the campaign starts in 1914, else have it start in OOB for the 1918 campaign. If its the later then just have a Russian division under the control of the French at the start of the 1918 campaign.

As for the supposed unit in Salonika. I'd through in an understrength unit there.

Last edited:
Shadow Knight said:
Yeah I saw it. Just wanted to bring it to the attention of the rest of our little community.

Were the Russian units supposedly on the Western Front drawn from perhaps Russians living in the West and formed there because it was eaier to place them there than to ship them all the way to Russia, or were they actually trained and then transported from Russia?

If its the former then perhaps an event giving France "The Russian Division" might be acceptable if the campaign starts in 1914, else have it start in OOB for the 1918 campaign. If its the later then just have a Russian division under the control of the French at the start of the 1918 campaign.

As for the supposed unit in Salonika. I'd through in an understrength unit there.

Done. :)

Code:
# Russian Legion in France

event = {
	id = 730011
	random = no
	country = RUS

trigger = { 
          ai = yes 
	control = { province = 527 data = FRA } #Paris
	alliance = { country = FRA country = RUS }
	war = { country = FRA country = GER }
	war = { country = RUS country = GER }
        }

name = "AI_EVENT"
	desc = ""
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = august year = 1914 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1925 }

action_a = { 
        command = { type = add_division which = infantry when = 527 } #Paris
	}
}

# Russian Legion in Salonika

event = {
	id = 730012
	random = no
	country = RUS

trigger = { 
          ai = yes 
	event = 20426 #French event: Salonika
	alliance = { country = FRA country = RUS }
	war = { country = FRA country = GER }
	war = { country = RUS country = GER }
        }

name = "AI_EVENT"
	desc = ""
	style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = august year = 1914 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1925 }

action_a = { 
        command = { type = add_division which = infantry when = 875 }
	}
}

What about fight betwene Soviets vs Polish and Lithunia

I have played The great war for about 3 times difrerent ways, but never there was a war beatwene Poland and Soviet russia? ANd in reality it was.

Also Poland was in war agains Lithunia but that doesnt hapens to.

There is such a war in the event files. The only problem is that the world situatyion must be almost historical for it to happen IIRC.

Shadow Knight said:
They came all the way from Russia, via the Trans-Siberian Railway and ship from the Far East through the Suez Canal, or (later) via Archangel too.

(Yes, I've discovered more information about them)

The original agreement was reached in December 1915 between France and Russia - it was intended as a gesture of inter-Alllied solidarity. Russia would provide troops in return for France providing munitions. The first soldiers arrived in France in April 1916, but didn't enter combat until autumn of that year. They made up one division, the Russian Expeditionary Force, under Major-General Lokhvitsky. It was stationed in Champagne. The equivalent of another division arrived in Salonika near the end of 1916.

The REF saw action during winter 1916-17 and the Nivelle Offensive. However, it was badly affected during the Mutiny of summer 1917 - especially once news of the revolution in Russia reached the men - and effectively destroyed as a combat formation. Many officers and men were imprisoned or exiled.

Those of the survivors who were willing to continue fighting for France formed the Légion Russe in October 1917. Although they fought well, this unit is too small to represent separately in HoI - it actually formed part of the French 'Maroc' infantry division, which is already listed in the March 1918 scenario OOB.

For improved historical accuracy, therefore, Allenby's two events should have their start date modified to 1 January 1916, and have the trigger NOT = { event = 48100 } # February Revolution added. A Russian division in Salonika (or a French INF unit called 2e/4e Brigades Speciales Russes) can be included in the Kaiserschlacht OOB, but nothing on the Western Front needs to change.

Wilhelm VI said:
StephenT,whens the 1918 scenario coming out ? Still some finishing touches I presume.I dont mind,as longs as it gets better I dont mind.
Right...you don't seem to grasp sarcasm or even direct insults, so i'll say it clearly to you: Do Not Ask About When The Mod Is Coming Out Every Other Day...i hope this somehow reaches that brain of yours... You are being obnoxious, so stop.

And as i assume that you can read since you're here, you'll have seen that your incessant questions are tiring the mod leaders and taking time away from the mod development, thus postponing the release even more. So if you really want to play this mod, stop asking when it's out.

The TGW Mod Or Anyother Mod for that matter Will Be Out When It's Out
. I can assure you that the mod leaders don't need reminding that they're making a mod...And you can also be sure that when the mod is out, you will have warning enough...

So i'll just say this one last time to be sure you understand: Don't ever ask about when this mod is out.