• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(36506)

Private
Nov 30, 2004
If somebody has mentioned these bugs before, I apologize. After installing 1.06c I noticed that for units with long names (i.e., the 46th 'North Midlands' Motorized Division), the name of the unit extends beyond the information box on the right-hand side of the screen - both when listed with other units in the stack and when that particular unit is selected. In addition, I noticed that when you click on the text of the unit name, it is possible to edit or delete the name of the unit! This may be intentional, and may have been present in patches earlier than 1.06c, but I never noticed it.

Obviously, these issues don't affect gameplay, but I thought I would mention them to see if anyone else has experienced them.

Upvote 0

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

jdrou

Field Marshal
73 Badges
Jun 10, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
You've always been able to edit division and corps/army names. The other is just a limitation of the game interface. If you want to have realistic unit names (and many people do) then some aren't going to fit in the space allowed. Maybe in HoI2 things like that will be able to wrap to the next line but I don't expect it to change in HoI1 even if it gets another patch (which is doubtful at this point).

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
There are a lot of overrun problems - ia. also with long province names, research screen, save/load screen and as you mention, with unitnames.

HOI is full of it and I guess it's never going to be corrected.

grody311

Sergeant
7 Badges
Nov 1, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
It does matter when you want to know when a navy in motion is going to arrive at its destination, but because the names of most seas are very long, the actual date is clipped off. Yeah, it won't get fixed, and maybe doesn't matter that much. And what does matter? Why am I even writing this? I should be drinking...