• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some interesting theories here but one thing I find very hard to believe is that Kyros knew from the start of the game that the PC or maybe another person would not only break the edict but activate the spire and absorb the power of the edict. Unless the Overlord has the gift of foresight that is a real big stretch. As someone else pointed out it makes more sense that the goal was to either eliminate both Archons and their armies as well as the oathbreakers which solves a lot of problems or have one army come out on top which would mean the oathbreaker had been dealt with and the internal fighting put to an end.

As to why the PC would be allowed to continue to break edicts and gain power I am not sure. Could be simple curiosity or even fear, it isn't like Kyros is use to having someone even come close to matching its power. Will be interesting to see how they decide to take this story.

The question is whether the in game characters can be relied upon as reliable narrators. Take Myothis for example, alot of our assumptions are based on her assurance that Kyros, likely knew what it was doing in sending our fatebinder to do what he/she did. Bleden often supports alot of what she says, one way or another, in the solo path. What if Myothis isn't a fatebinder of exceptional knowledge? What if Myothis is Kyros? Kyros who wants to hear the details of what is happening to and with the fatebinder, directly, garnering trust while at the same time providing just enough information for Kyros to make it's decisions. At the same time, Myothis is re-enforcing the idea that Kyros is all powerful, all knowing and wise. Kyros would have destroyed you by now, if she wanted to, Kyros must have sent you there for a reason. Planting the seed of trust with the fatebinder. Kyros has a place for you, trust Kyros, reach for power but remember your place. Bleden is very loyal to Kyros, or atleast to a degree. I get the distinct impression he believes in the empire, one way or another. He certainly doesn't like our fatebinder playing nice with the locals. These two characters are our greatest source of information on Kyros and its motivations, they share the same narrative in this regard, but can either be trusted?

Now the question would be why, Kyros would pretend to be Myothis. Perhaps, Kyros power with the edict doesn't come directly from the spires, perhaps it is related but in a more indirect fashion. The player could be the perfect opportunity to gain greater understanding about that power and the purpose of the spires. Kyros/Myothis covertly encourages the fatebinder to investigate the spires, they are taboo, but not illegal, check em out!.

Just a wild stab in the bleden mark.

The question is whether the in game characters can be relied upon as reliable narrators. Take Myothis for example, alot of our assumptions are based on her assurance that Kyros, likely knew what it was doing in sending our fatebinder to do what he/she did. Bleden often supports alot of what she says, one way or another, in the solo path. What if Myothis isn't a fatebinder of exceptional knowledge? What if Myothis is Kyros? Kyros who wants to hear the details of what is happening to and with the fatebinder, directly, garnering trust while at the same time providing just enough information for Kyros to make it's decisions. At the same time, Myothis is re-enforcing the idea that Kyros is all powerful, all knowing and wise. Kyros would have destroyed you by now, if she wanted to, Kyros must have sent you there for a reason. Planting the seed of trust with the fatebinder. Kyros has a place for you, trust Kyros, reach for power but remember your place. Bleden is very loyal to Kyros, or atleast to a degree. I get the distinct impression he believes in the empire, one way or another. He certainly doesn't like our fatebinder playing nice with the locals. These two characters are our greatest source of information on Kyros and its motivations, they share the same narrative in this regard, but can either be trusted?

Now the question would be why, Kyros would pretend to be Myothis. Perhaps, Kyros power with the edict doesn't come directly from the spires, perhaps it is related but in a more indirect fashion. The player could be the perfect opportunity to gain greater understanding about that power and the purpose of the spires. Kyros/Myothis covertly encourages the fatebinder to investigate the spires, they are taboo, but not illegal, check em out!.

Just a wild stab in the bleden mark.

I what does mark roughly say to you in the rebel route? I do recall you said he acts quite "frosty" with the pc if they go rebel if he wanted to be free from kyros or was disloyal it would make sense he would be all for it right?

Hence I agree he is loyal to to kyros to a degree in some form.