• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An interesting galaxy setup and i like your writing, good luck.

Ahh, free population! What rights did you give them?
I'll be sure to write about that! It had actually slipped my mind in-game that you're now able to assign and restrict rights.
An interesting galaxy setup and i like your writing, good luck.
Thanks! I'm glad that you're enjoying it so far.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2nd Chancellorship of Sergei Grishina

1.jpg

Doubtless, the most important event during Chancellor Sergei Grishina's first term in office was the arrival of Ziiran refugees into the general population of the Terran Union. While a small segment of humanity had previously seen aliens first-hand in interactions, never before had there been such alien actively living among them. Thanks to the tireless efforts of Sergei Grishina and the Xeno Suffrage Party, this period of transition went remarkably smoothly. Previous laws and writs protecting the rights and freedoms of humans were extended to all citizens of the Terran Union, and a commitment would be declared that the Terran Union would be willing to receive alien refugees in the future.

Following his successes in his first term, Sergei Grishina's re-election was regarded by many as a means to ensure that his party's work for the Ziiran could continue unabated.

2.jpg

3.jpg

A figure of particular note during this time period was Eguloordh: a respected intellectual among the Ziiran. Following being granted citizenship, Eguloordh petitioned for a position in the Terran Union's survey corps. Before long, due to individual excellence and political symbolism, Eguloordh was promoted to the rank of Captain and given his own command.

4.jpg

Long-lived and migratory, but surprisingly violent, these avian sentients proved to be a welcome addition the the Terran Union's growing catalog of pre-FTL civilizations.

5.jpg

Much of the political weight of Sergei Grishina's second chancellorship was used to further develop standards and practices regarding inter-system commerce and travel. While the life of a courier ship captain may not seem as glamorous as that of an admiral of survey ship captain, the work of these oft-forgotten individuals would help to lay the foundations for the state of interstellar travel and trade that we enjoy today.

6.jpg

At the time, the discovery of stores sentient consciousnesses inside of data storage devices seemed unimportant: nothing more than a curiosity - or maybe just a sad memorial to an extinct species. It would take decades of advancements and incredible investment, but this discovery would go on to influence the future of the Terran Union more than anyone alive at the time could possibly have imagined.​

Last edited:
Oh my, that is an intriguing hint there at the end.

Yes a very intriguing hint there at the end. Still all is quiet on the interstellar front, though I am curious by the comment about the pre-space flight Themlar made as well. I wonder what happened that made such a possibility achievable? Were they conquered by something else, did they destroy themselves, or did they reach space flight without assistance?

Oh my, that is an intriguing hint there at the end.
I was pretty happy that Utopia added a new event chain linked to the Limbo anomaly. It really caught me off-guard.
Yes a very intriguing hint there at the end. Still all is quiet on the interstellar front, though I am curious by the comment about the pre-space flight Themlar made as well. I wonder what happened that made such a possibility achievable? Were they conquered by something else, did they destroy themselves, or did they reach space flight without assistance?
Ah, nothing too sinister or exciting. I had just utterly ignored their awesome ethics and didn't want to pay for frontier outposts yet. It'll happen!
Chancellorship of Eguloordh

1.jpg

Notable for becoming the first Ziiran to assume significant political office within the Terran Union, Eguloordh -in an amazing upset- was able to leverage his position as captain of a survey vessel into a successful gambit for chancellorship. While he most certainly carried the large majority of the Ziiran vote, the vast majority of the population of the Terran Union was human. However, with the support of former chancellor Sergei Grishina and the Xeno Suffrage Association, a significant number of the human populace proved to be excited at the prospect of the first non-human chancellor - only a mere sixty years since humanity departed Terra.

Chancellor Eguloordh would take great advantage of his political position to push for a continuation of the former administration's reforms, as well as to place a continued emphasis on industrial and economic development. An act of particular importance would be Eguloordh's massive expansion of the Terran Union survey corps.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Former Chancellor Sergei Grishina, at the ripe old age of 100 years, returned to work on Terra.

5.jpg
10.jpg

[Xenology Today / August 2067 Edition]
At the end of a brief press conference earlier this month regarding new First League Artifact discoveries, Chancellor Eguloordh attempted to explain his tempered attitude towards the First League and other historic discoveries:
"The Human propensity to project dreams and desires onto these echoes of the past has proved to be a difficult thing for me to learn to embrace. You understand, I hope, that we Ziiran have traditionally been a very spiritual people. When we have reflected upon history, it has often been with a sort of reverence and respect that emphasizes existing as part of a continuing story - but rarely in the capacity where we imagine ourselves reliving it or projecting our values upon it. Before my first history lesson, my clutch instructor taught me a limerick that translates roughly to something along the lines of:
'The past does not judge the present.
It cradled us, beheld us, gave us life.
Just as the cavern hall does not judge the stalactite.
It anchors it, feeds it, envelops it.
What stalactite could leave the cave?
What Ziiran could leave the past?'
[Chancellor Eguloordh laughed one of his famous ribbitting bellowing laughs]
Well, maybe I should leave the translations to the literati!"

6.jpg

Although his translations of Ziiran classical literature into a format that complied well with human languages was lacking, Chancellor Eguloordh's attention to detail and passionate drive for reform were not. Particularly, his administrative reforms were a remarkable success: cited as reducing the upkeep costs for Terran Union infrastructure by almost 10%.

8.jpg

For decades, the North Protocol had been practiced without exception. The appearance of a smuggler outpost on Ketorium, the first Pre-FTL world protected under Terran Union Law, was an outright challenge to the enforcement of the status quo. It was the expectation of the smugglers that the North Protocol would inhibit any response on the part of the federal government, and would -in some degree- offer protection to illegal activity. This would not be the case. For the first time in Terran Union history, a troop transport was launched. Honoring Lilian North's commitment to protect less advanced species, the highly task force of Humans and Ziiran made short work of the smugglers and their outpost.

9.jpg

In honor of his former position as a survey vessel captain, Chancellor Eguloordh invested a great deal of industrial and political effort into greatly expanding the number of survey ships and captains active within the Terran Union fleet. After promotions and reassignments were accounted for, the total number of high-ranking science officers in the Terran Union had more than doubled.

11.jpg

The Riggan Commerce Exchange had, decades before, informed the Terran Union that other stations must have survived the long passing of eras. The Chimm Curators were the next station discovered, nearly 50 years later. Although the Chimm would not be the last station discovered - or even the last group of curators discovered- their willingness to share technological and scientific insights with the scientists and engineers of the Terran Union would forge a strong bond between the enclave of great minds and the burgeoning Union.

12.jpg

When an asteroid was detected headed for the Wulhubb home world of Lora, the North Protocol was again called into effect. Fleet Luo was dispatched, the asteroid was removed, and the protection clause of the North Protocol was secured both in theory and in practice.​

No sign yet I think of the hint from the previous update. Still intrigued

Very much liked the Ziiran bits from the new chancellor. It really helped the mood. Eagerly awaiting the next update.

So this Ziiran people don't care for the Precursors? Silly, silly.

No sign yet I think of the hint from the previous update. Still intrigued
I did say that it would take a few decades. :)
Very much liked the Ziiran bits from the new chancellor. It really helped the mood. Eagerly awaiting the next update.
I imagine the Ziiran to be a bit happy-go-lucky.
This is awesome! Subbed! :3
Thanks!
So this Ziiran people don't care for the Precursors? Silly, silly.
A human would say that. hahaha.
Chancellorship of Giorgio Ricci

1.jpg

Giorgio Ricci was a man of very little active political experience before his election to the position of Chancellor. Appointed as Survey Captain of the TUN Von Braun during the Eguloordh administration, Ricci would follow the example of the previous Chancellor by using his prestigious position as a frontiersman to vault his way into office. As a former survey captain, Giorgio appreciated the close relationship between the ships of the survey corps and those of Fleet Luo: If a survey vessel ran afoul of a hostile entity, Fleet Luo would come to the rescue. Under his administration, numerous minor fleet actions would ensure the continued progress of the survey corps.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Net Income Change: +115%
Lead Political Party: Free Thought Society

5.jpg

In keeping with his own values, and the traditions of the Terran Union, Chancellor Ricci safeguarded reforms that continued an emphasis on exploration, expansion, and technological enlightenment. The effective borders of the Terran Union swelled, obstacles that had slowed innovation were reduced, and the logistics network linking everything together was reinforced.

6.jpg

The Shadow of Bitox was strange -even disquieting- to some. A secret message from a higher dimension that shared technological insights, but offered no trace of its original sender. Among human-dominated scientific communities, the puzzling dilemma of the sender was regarded as less important than the immediate results of the message itself- but traditionalist Ziiran members of the Terran Union quietly whispered in their homes and communities that, surely, this was a sign of the divine. Debates would occasionally spark between the two but, given a lack of future evidence either way, the mystery remained unabated.

7.jpg

[Chancellor Giorgio Ricci / Live Broadcast / September 2272]
"When the first artifacts of the First League were found, it was already apparent that the League had fallen. Although many of my predecessors hailed these ancient peoples as an example for us all, even they must have known that the example of the League was an... imperfect one. Fen Habbanis III stands as a testament to their architectural triumphs, their logistical abilities, and their faith in the reliability of interdependence between worlds. Their dream was a beautiful one, even if imperfectly implemented. While I am disturbed by their fate, as I know many of you are, I also find myself filled with a new resolve: I will do everything that I can to ensure the perpetuity of the Terran Union. Through us, the dream of the First League can continue forward. Through us, it can be refined and rebuilt. It is not our destiny to simply follow in the footsteps of those ancient peoples who came before us, but to stand on the shoulders of those giants - and reach heights that they could only dream of."

8.jpg

The expansion of the colonies of the Terran Union had at first been limited to our arm of the galaxy by coincidence and convenience. Over time, however, this habit began to be practiced intentionally. Exploration of the other spiral arms were pushed back, and colonization limited to only those habitable worlds found on our particular spiral. Unwittingly, this unofficial policy played a large role in the Terran Union's long period of isolation from other major space-faring civilizations.

9.jpg

Xuracorp joined the Riggan Commerce Exchange as a major trade partner for the Terran Union. While the Riggan Commerce Exchange would still enjoy somewhat preferential treatment for quite some time, the two agencies would eventually become regarded similarly.
The Terran Union's patronage of the Artisan Troupe started almost immediately, and has continued seamlessly even until today. The works of this great artist collective can now be found on almost every settled world in the Terran Union.

10.jpg

Authoritarian arthropods, the Tezhnid showed signs of being a remarkably adaptive species. Even the earliest observers were sure that, if the Tezhnid reached space, that they would comfortably adapt to life on many different worlds.

2280.jpg

The Union continues to expand! But why not into other spiral arms?

Sounds like a good turn in office for this Chancellor. Perhaps no spectacular achievements, but A steady pair of hands is not to be undervalued.

Not a lot of contact so far, and I also wonder why you chose to more or less ignore the other arms, since they would be relatively closer than the far reaches of your own spiral arm.

It seems very human to decide to consolidate control of one spiral arm before venturing elsewhere. Creating borders and boundaries in space where none should exist.

He set it at 1 advanced AI start and a max of four fallen empires, so it isn't exactly all that shocking that he hasn't encountered any species capable of stellar travel yet.