• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(16184)

Corporal
Apr 12, 2003
Visit site
I understand that Robert Koop came up with a fix for this problem. My question is how should it be installed? I downloaded and unzipped it, but am not entirely sure what to do next. I assume it should be copied somewhere but would appreciate specifics.

On a related note, have their been any problems with the fix or does it fully solve the problem?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Newcomer said:
I understand that Robert Koop came up with a fix for this problem. My question is how should it be installed? I downloaded and unzipped it, but am not entirely sure what to do next. I assume it should be copied somewhere but would appreciate specifics.

On a related note, have their been any problems with the fix or does it fully solve the problem?

Thanks.

After unzipping into the HOI folder, you can simply start up a new game. The fix includes a new tech in the infantry tech tree and altered inc files to add it to the starting techs of all the countries, so once it is installed you don't have to do anything else.

So far, I haven't received any negative reports nor have I come across problems myself.

Sgt. Bulldog said:
What about MP?

Good question. AFAIK it is necessary to have the exact same version for all the players, so that is one thing to watch out for. I don't play MP myself and I must admit that I haven't given it much thought. Fiendix wanted to try the mod with an LAN MP game, but I don't know if he has in the meantime.

Sgt. Bulldog said:
Hmmm...ok.

Could it be that the hosts setup decides the matter or does the host only transfer the scenario and nothing else?

I have no idea how MP works exactly, but I could imagine that both the tech and the inc. files should be present on the other computers, because you would need a lot of bandwidth to transfer all the files to the other users.