- Jan 21, 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARADOX Prison Architect Build-off Contest
The Prison Architect Prison Architect Build-off Contest (“Contest”) is managed and promoted by Paradox Interactive, Magnus Ladulåsgatan 4, 11866 Stockholm, Sweden (“Paradox”, “we”, and “us”). These terms and conditions explain who may participate, the time frame, entries, intellectual property, disqualification, privacy, notification, prize, taxes etc. Please read these terms and conditions carefully prior to participating. By entering this Contest, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
THIS COMPETITION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ADMINISTERED, ENDORSED, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITCH, TWITTER, DISCORD OR OTHER AS MAY BE), AND YOU ARE PROVIDING THE INFORMATION AND ENTRY TO PARADOX SOLELY.
The Contest is open for anyone around the world aged 16 or above. Entrants under the age of 18 require parental consent to participate. Employees (and members of their immediate family) of Paradox, our agents, affiliates, and anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to enter. The Contest is further void where prohibited by local law.
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the contest or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
3. How to participate and win
- The Contest will begin at 18:00 PM UTC+1 on March 24:th, 2022, and will end at 16:00 PM UTC+1 on April 8:th, 2022.
- To participate in the contest, you have to create a prison by only using the World Size Small and share your creation by posting images of the prison in the contest channel on the official Prison Architect Discord.
- Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. If you make multiple submissions, we will select the best submission made.
- Please make sure that your Direct Messages are open, so we can contact you if you win.
- Depending on how many entries there are, the Community Team will make a selection based on the best entries and randomly select winners from the selection.
There will be 5 winners of the Contest.
Each winner will receive one of the following DLC keys for the platform of their choice:
- Prison Architect Psych Ward: Warden's Edition DLC 5,99 USD Steam
- Prison Architect Psych Ward: Warden's Edition DLC 5,99 USD Epic Games Store
- Prison Architect Psych Ward: Warden's Edition DLC 5,99 USD Xbox One
- Prison Architect Island Bound DLC 9,99 USD Steam
- Prison Architect Island Bound DLC 9,99 USD Epic Games Store
- Prison Architect Island Bound DLC 9,99 USD Xbox One
- Prison Architect Going Green DLC 9,99 USD Steam
- Prison Architect Going Green DLC 9,99 USD Epic Games Store
- Prison Architect Going Green DLC 9,99 USD Xbox One
- Prison Architect Going Green DLC 9,99 USD Playstation 4 (Europe)
- Prison Architect Going Green DLC 9,99 USD Playstation 4 (North America)
- Prison Architect Going Green DLC 9,99 USD Nintendo Switch (Europe)
- Prison Architect Second Chances DLC 9,99 USD Steam
- Prison Architect Second Chances DLC 9,99 USD Epic Games Store
- Prison Architect Second Chances DLC 9,99 USD Xbox One
- Prison Architect Second Chances DLC 9,99 USD Playstation 4 (Europe)
- Prison Architect Second Chances DLC 9,99 USD Playstation 4 (North America)
- Prison Architect Second Chances DLC 9,99 USD Nintendo Switch (Europe)
- Prison Architect Perfect Storm DLC 9,99 USD Steam
- Prison Architect Perfect Storm DLC 9,99 USD Epic Games Store
- Prison Architect Perfect Storm DLC 9,99 USD Xbox One
- Prison Architect Perfect Storm DLC 9,99 USD Playstation 4 (Europe)
- Prison Architect Perfect Storm DLC 9,99 USD Playstation 4 (North America)
VALUE 50 USD
The prizes stated above have no alternative. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold. If due to circumstances beyond reasonable control of Paradox, Paradox is unable to provide the above stated prize, Paradox reserves the right to award substitute prizes of equal value. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of any supplier. Any taxes due on the prize will be paid by the winner. Paradox’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the Contest will be entered into.
The winner will be contacted on Discord. Paradox is entitled to select an alternative winner if the winner does not reply within five (days) from receiving confirmation of winning. A list of all winner(s) will be available on the Paradox Forum for fourteen (14) days following the day of the selection of the winner. Paradox reserves the right to choose another winner if satisfactory proof of age is not received.
5. Prohibited actions
The following actions are strictly prohibited during the contest:
- Using multiple accounts to enter;
- Cheating in any kind or form;
- Has a behavior which, in Paradox’s estimation, is unlawful, harmful, abusive, harassing, threatening, malicious, defamatory, libelous, untruthful, pornographic, pedophilic, obscene, vulgar, racist, xenophobic, liable to incite hatred, sexually explicit, violent, contrary to morality or is in any other way unacceptable.
- Collude with other entrants to increase chances of winning;
- Spamming or other similar behavior.
Entries that do not comply with the rules, may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Paradox. Paradox is not responsible for entries not received for whatever reason, for example, but not limited to technical, hardware or software malfunctions, misdirected entries, lost or unavailable network connections, incorrect, garbled, failed, delayed electronic or other communications or other technical problems related to entries.
Paradox reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. Paradox also reserves the right to amend or cancel the Contest if circumstances arise outside of Paradox’s reasonable control.
Paradox is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Contest.
Any participant who attempts or enters the Contest in a manner, which in Paradox’s determination is contrary to these rules or by its nature is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Contest, hacking, cheating, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to threaten, annoy, abuse, or harass any other entrants or Paradox and/or any of its agents or representatives, or who submits an illegible or incomplete entry may be rejected from the Contest at Paradox’s sole discretion.
6. Intellectual property
If you submit any content created by you to us for participating in the Contest (“Prison Architect Build-off Contest”), you hereby grant Paradox a non-exclusive, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit Your Content in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You represent and warrant that Your Content is completely your original work and not in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity.
8. General release
General Release: By entering the Contest, you release Paradox and all Social Media Sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and any of its or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use a Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
The Contest and these terms and conditions will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Sweden without regard to its conflict of law principles. This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and is void where prohibited. Any provision of these terms and conditions deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these terms and conditions will remain in effect. Paradox shall not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries and accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from an Entrant's participation in this Contest. Paradox reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Contest. These Official Rules may be changed at any time, but only by Paradox and only by posting new rules on Paradox's website (including the user forums). These Official Rules will not be construed to impose upon Paradox any obligations for any losses, debts or other obligations incurred by any Contest participant. By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Paradox, which are final and binding in all respects. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are Copyright ©2021 by Paradox Interactive AB. All rights reserved.