"Temporary Lock Until Unselected" Check Box for Transfer Province

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BarbarianHunter

Major
42 Badges
Jun 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
In chain war cascades it would make life a lot easier if there were a "Temporary Lock Until Unselected" check box when transferring provinces (see image).
Example: I want to transfer as many provinces as possible in Colonial Louisiana to the Comanche vassal then integrate at some future date. I also want to transfer as many as possible to low-development colonies to keep liberty desire low.

The problem is that I have to scroll to the bottom of a fairly long vassal list to choose it for...each...and...every...province...I...want...to...transfer. As you'll note from the map, there are quite a few.
Always Use3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I think this design is problematic, because state of the flag has to be made persistent, but in the next war list of war participants can be different and your choice will not apply anymore. Also, more importantly, your plans in the next war may become different, but you will forget that you've made such choice previously. This can be especially bad if transfer is irreversible for some reason.

I think better solution would be to add macrobuilder to transfer many occupations in one go by clicking provinces on map. Also, it should be made possible to grant multiple provinces in one go via vassal interaction.

Reactions:
I think this design is problematic, because state of the flag has to be made persistent, but in the next war list of war participants can be different and your choice will not apply anymore. Also, more importantly, your plans in the next war may become different, but you will forget that you've made such choice previously. This can be especially bad if transfer is irreversible for some reason.

I think better solution would be to add macrobuilder to transfer many occupations in one go by clicking provinces on map. Also, it should be made possible to grant multiple provinces in one go via vassal interaction.
I was thinking it would reset after a given peace deal thus eliminating the next war issue.

Macrobuilder sounds good but could be a bit too broad a stroke. I was just looking for the ability to select a country, give it as many as I'd like without having to endlessly scroll, then select another or peace out. On to the next. Simple, easy, not a lot of dev programming time or thought needed.

I was thinking it would reset after a given peace deal thus eliminating the next war issue.
You can have multiple wars at the same time, so this solution is too fragile. Also, war can end without peace deal in certain cases, so I see a potential for bugs in case this is implemented.

Macrobuilder sounds good but could be a bit too broad a stroke. I was just looking for the ability to select a country, give it as many as I'd like without having to endlessly scroll, then select another or peace out. On to the next.
Wait, you don't want it to automatically transfer ownership when new province is occupied? In this case it could be solved by something like pinning "favorite" country on top of list so you don't have to scroll. Should be easy to implement and safe without need to reset it.

You can have multiple wars at the same time, so this solution is too fragile. Also, war can end without peace deal in certain cases, so I see a potential for bugs in case this is implemented.

Wait, you don't want it to automatically transfer ownership when new province is occupied? In this case it could be solved by something like pinning "favorite" country on top of list so you don't have to scroll. Should be easy to implement and safe without need to reset it.
Perhaps the "Always Use" was not quite clear as to the intent. I will amend to "Temporary Lock Until Unselected." Quite simply, it is an improvement over the present regimen with little to no programming or thought required.