• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aha!

you add something like this:
Code:
MOG = { 
        desc = "MOG_DESC" 
        [b]picture = "scenarios\data\1251_mog.bmp" [/b]
        countrytactics = "MOG_DESC" 
        missioncountry = "" 
        missiontactics = "" 
        countrydifficulty = 2 
        countryeconomy = 2 
        countrymilitary = 4 
        countrydiplomacy = 2 
        missiontype = -2
to the EUG files

|AXiN| said:
Where is it defined which data is used, out of latin, orthodox, ...etc? Capital placement?

Good question. Hmm, no... not capital placement. I remember Greece being orthodox, so that can't be... I'm not sure, to be honest.

Nah, can't be, cos the options are afrika, china, hindu, latin, muslim, northamerica, orthodox and southamerica, and three of them are pagan. There must be something more to it.

And, at the same time, it can't be province-based, because the Ottoman Empire and the Byzantines can have the same province as a capital, yet TUR keep using the muslim_data and BYZ keep using the orthodox_data. Similarly with Astrakhan, Crimea, Kazan and Ukraine, all revolting in the same region, yet with different data files.

I'm uncertain about religion, though. Does an Aztec or Inca which starts as catholic/orthodox/whatever keep the southamerica_data?

Okay, I checked, then my computer bit the dust for unrelated reasons. :(

Starting religion doesn't appear to set it. Province of capital doesn't appear to set it. Techgroup doesn't appear to set it. What the *censored* does?

|AXiN| said:
Okay, I checked, then my computer bit the dust for unrelated reasons. :(

Starting religion doesn't appear to set it. Province of capital doesn't appear to set it. Techgroup doesn't appear to set it. What the *censored* does?
Are you sure it isn't hardcoded to tag?

Can somebody add the guide lines to all templates that lack them? I can't work without them.

Haven't checked this for ages.

If it's hardcoded to tag, then what do the Uxx tags default to? I'm pretty sure that I've seen them with non-latin and latin images, at least.

Doesn't the country.csv file assign each tag its set of graphics? The last entries for a tag are what tech, army sprites, navy sprites and city graphics it gets. I would think that it is this that specifies what graphic group to use for each tag.

Because someone fell asleep at the wheel... :p

hindu_data.bmp

Revised template_data with support for Indian and hanging-from-a-bar flags available here.

Last edited:
Updated the muslim, North-, Central- & Southamerican, Hindu, the original EU template and the flag template.

New zips in the first page.

You should add Guides to the templates that doesn't have them, and correct the ones that are placed wrong (one in the hindu?).

Otherwise, brilliant work :)