• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll vote for the naval doctrine tree, I think it needs a layout that reflects the correlations between techs better.
Ah and secret weapons... big construction site, if you ask me... :wacko:

Ok. Please let me know if you need any help on that.

EDIT

Regarding the land tech doctrine I would suggest you adding just two doctrines one for all and the second only for Germans, respectively they should be: Normal tactic and Auftragstaktik.

The path could be

Auftragstaktik
Leading by task
Forward control
Combined-arms forces
Cross-branch tactical experience (late years of the war)

Normal tactic
Leading by orders
Centralized control
Separated-arms forces
Specialized-branch tactical experience (late years of the war)

Ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission-type_tactics

Last edited:
Ok. Please let me know if you need any help on that.

EDIT

Regarding the land tech doctrine I would suggest you adding just two doctrines one for all and the second only for Germans, respectively they should be: Normal tactic and Auftragstaktik.
The opposite of Auftragstaktik would be Befehlstaktik.

Are these the suggested tech components? And where in the tree should they be inserted?
The path could be

Auftragstaktik
Leading by task
Forward control
Combined-arms forces
Cross-branch tactical experience (late years of the war)

Normal tactic
Leading by orders
Centralized control
Separated-arms forces
Specialized-branch tactical experience (late years of the war)

The opposite of Auftragstaktik would be Befehlstaktik.

Yes, but Auftragstaktik is more common than Befehlstaktik and for a non German speaker I think that it would be better to read Normal tactic. Moreover Auftragstaktik is German specific and for this reason I would leave as it is in German because of that. These are my opinions but please feel free to implement what you think is better.

Are these the suggested tech components?

Yes, land tech doctrine

And where in the tree should they be inserted?

This is up to you. At the end of the day you are the art director :)

Last edited:
Yes, but Auftragstaktik is more common than Befehlstaktik and for a non German speaker I think that it would be better to read Normal tactic. Moreover Auftragstaktik is German specific and for this reason I would leave as it is in German because of that. These are my opinions but please feel free to implement what you think is better.

Yes, land tech doctrine

This is up to you. At the end of the day you are the art director :)

I'll have to consult my colleague, the tech director, on this issue...
icon_gruebel.gif

I'll have to consult my colleague, the tech director, on this issue...
icon_gruebel.gif

ok please bear in mind what I mentioned above Auftragstaktik should be german specific

Do we have a tech director?
ok please bear in mind what I mentioned above Auftragstaktik should be german specific
Hmm.. I don't think it is possible to allow some techs only for specific countries. Anyway, I haven't seen that ingame yet.

Do we have a tech director?

We don't have that but we can still discuss things you and I

Hmm.. I don't think it is possible to allow some techs only for specific countries. Anyway, I haven't seen that ingame yet.

It's possible and I can tell you how if you wish. What I meant is that if there are 2 alternative paths in terms of research it should be very expensive to leave the current path to follow a new one.

EDIT

Let say, for example, that the tech starts with Early Auftragstaktik and Early Normal tactic respectively and that the cost for those is the following

Early Auftragstaktik - already researched for Germany
centralized_execution 10
small_unit_tactics 10
large_unit_tactics 10
combined_arms_focus 10
decentralized_execution 10 (doubled)

Early Normal tactic - already researched for the others
decentralized_execution 10
small_unit_tactics 10
large_unit_tactics 10
combined_arms_focus 10
centralized_execution 10 (doubled)

In this way, even though the German tech branch is better (I would say, ceteris paribus, should grant about 10%/15% combat bonus), is not convenient for a country to leave its actual path.

Please find below the tech by path

Early Auftragstaktik
Auftragstaktik
Leading by task
Forward control
Combined-arms forces
Cross-branch tactical experience (late years)

Early Normal tactic
Normal tactic
Leading by orders
Centralized control
Separated-arms forces
Specialized-branch tactical experience (late years)

Last edited:
Erm, I was thinking of two additional techs that are either or...
"Auftragstaktik" and "Befehlstaktik". If you research the one, the other one will be deactivated.

Exactly but the first step of each of them is already researched so for France for example it is still possible to research Auftragstaktik but is not convenient at all

Exactly but the first step of each of them is already researched so for France for example it is still possible to research Auftragstaktik but is not convenient at all

So we have to put them very early in the tree.... before "19th century warfare" perhaps...

So we have to put them very early in the tree.... before "19th century warfare" perhaps...

Yes because Prussians developed Auftragstaktik after the defeat suffered from Napoleon. This theory started with Scharnhorst and Gneiseneau

Last edited:
Are you available to help?

So you are going to wait. We need modders to help.