• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With tech teams you mean military leaders and military institutions?
Have a look at what I've done already. These are mostly leaders which we need to activate at the right time. I also have two Military Schools in the game so far; Zagreb and Belgrade. I thought about but didn't have any information whether they operated in the war.

Is JRHINDO still interested to help us with the tech tree? I will see what I can do but I'm unsure if I can code tech tree's.
I think coding is easy once you we have a concept in place. If you can think about how you would like this to look like from a player's perspective we can find someone to code it. You can always start with the pictures for existing techs. :)

JRH asked for the game on the other thread and said there 'And jeez we can do a lot of thing!'. I am assuming he is still willing.

Oh sure ill do any tech work youd need.
Removing the old tech tree we had was a mistake, even if it was basic and not really suited to the era we depict. The model plan i had in mind was way too hard at the time and it can only be feasible with the new 1.03 DH mod capacities, but even then its super huge.

Great...
Removing the old tech tree we had was a mistake, even if it was basic and not really suited to the era we depict. The model plan i had in mind was way too hard at the time and it can only be feasible with the new 1.03 DH mod capacities, but even then its super huge.
I have old files somewhere so if you want them I can send them. Mind you, all techs should still be there, they are just commented out. Check the files ;).

Have a look at what I've done already. These are mostly leaders which we need to activate at the right time. I also have two Military Schools in the game so far; Zagreb and Belgrade. I thought about but didn't have any information whether they operated in the war.

I think coding is easy once you we have a concept in place. If you can think about how you would like this to look like from a player's perspective we can find someone to code it. You can always start with the pictures for existing techs. :)

Should we maybe also have paramilitary units as tech teams? Maybe just in the beginnings of the wars until the real armies are formed. Will see for pics for the existing TT's.

Great! :) I got almost all YW versions, from YW001 to YW00615. Are you in need of any files? I found these files in YW005, could we maybe bring some of them back?

EDIT: Okay I have started to look for TT pictures. One thing I would like is that we use coloured pictures. It's much nicer if you ask me. You agree?

Last edited:
Technologies - All of the techs are still in the game. They are just commented out but can be found in the tech files.

Pictures - You are also minister of (de)information if you did not know. You can do with pictures what you like. Only issue is that I've converted most of them to black and white and threw away originals. You will have to work quite a bit to get them back. Perhaps tech teams, minsters and tech pictures can be colour as we have only few. Converting current set (e.g. leaders) to colour will be a monstrous work.

Tech Teams - I think it is fair to use some of the old ministers originally. E.g. Bosnia can use Jovak and Siber as they were from start of scenario in Bosnian government structures. later we add other as they start coming from JNA OR when suitable. It would be good if Freak could start writing these events for key people: Halilovic, Tus, Mladic, etc... If it is easier we can have one for each country.

Anything to report yet?

No direct work, however I had made work on an advanced CWTT mod personal version using 1.03 features which will be converted for YW.
Same basic unit tree you would expect, INF, MOT, etc. But with new Armored Infantry, Air Infantry, Semi Mot Infantry, Light Infantry, Special Forces, Mixed Artillery, Mixed AT, Air Defense, ASW Helicopter, Interdictor, Attack Helicopter, Transport Helicopter, Corvette, Frigate, Patrol Boat, fully independent unit, with corresponding elite unit version for all of the infantry units. The units are all brigade level (except maybe for partisan divisions?), and if you want I can also have regiment level units to simulate the lower class Serb states, militias or foreigners who had smaller units. The unit attachments will be similar to what was already in the mod, and include the previous named units in form of

Ambitious but these are all already defined in my config files, I have yet only to make the stat files or to balance them properly.

Also to make the model system I had proposed a long time ago, would be to have '1 model per material' in the unit types. Ie: Model #1 of the Armored unit is T-55 tank, #2 is T-72, #3 is M-95 Degman (modernized Croat T72). The models would not naturally upgrade to the next, but only to actual upgrade models. And with this we can have unique stats for all different models.

No direct work, however I had made work on an advanced CWTT mod personal version using 1.03 features which will be converted for YW.
Same basic unit tree you would expect, INF, MOT, etc. But with new Armored Infantry, Air Infantry, Semi Mot Infantry, Light Infantry, Special Forces, Mixed Artillery, Mixed AT, Air Defense, ASW Helicopter, Interdictor, Attack Helicopter, Transport Helicopter, Corvette, Frigate, Patrol Boat, fully independent unit, with corresponding elite unit version for all of the infantry units. The units are all brigade level (except maybe for partisan divisions?), and if you want I can also have regiment level units to simulate the lower class Serb states, militias or foreigners who had smaller units. The unit attachments will be similar to what was already in the mod, and include the previous named units in form of

Ambitious but these are all already defined in my config files, I have yet only to make the stat files or to balance them properly.

Also to make the model system I had proposed a long time ago, would be to have '1 model per material' in the unit types. Ie: Model #1 of the Armored unit is T-55 tank, #2 is T-72, #3 is M-95 Degman (modernized Croat T72). The models would not naturally upgrade to the next, but only to actual upgrade models. And with this we can have unique stats for all different models.

This all sounds very encouraging. I will only suggest to drop brigade level because you will not have enough units. We will need regimental level because game likes unit stacks. Brigades only, will end up with units chasing each other all over the map. If you go to brigade level you will also need to completely rework OOB which was done.
Example: Bosnian 5th corps had only about 10-12 brigades, but in game will need 15-16 squares to cover. You can see the issue...

I like very much idea of non-upgrades though...

Regiments? ok forgot if which level was used for YW, what about battallion level then, can it be of use?
Regiments in YW armies used both battalions and regiments. Regiments were often used in independent units (artillery, engineer, AA, etc...). I am using both in the game but I am compensating for extra manpower regiments use.

Before you do anything I strongly suggest you see what I've done. Models, units, etc are all there and DONE. I would like someone to check that but I think you will find that we don't need much. After all I only completed what someone else (you?!) have set up in the first place.

Remember that I have sent you an excel spreadsheet (UnitEditTool.xlsm) with units stats. Make sure you reload new stats from the game I sent you recently.
I have few events depending on those values so changing that significantly will cause balance issues.

Pictures - You are also minister of (de)information if you did not know. You can do with pictures what you like. Only issue is that I've converted most of them to black and white and threw away originals. You will have to work quite a bit to get them back. Perhaps tech teams, minsters and tech pictures can be colour as we have only few. Converting current set (e.g. leaders) to colour will be a monstrous work.

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear on this point but I always prefer coloured pictures rather than black and whites. Why do you prefer the latter one? I got many pictures on leaders so it won't be a problem to change them back but I would like that we from now on use coloured pictures. Are all agreeing with me?

Once again sorry if I wasn't clear on this.

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear on this point but I always prefer coloured pictures rather than black and whites. Why do you prefer the latter one? I got many pictures on leaders so it won't be a problem to change them back but I would like that we from now on use coloured pictures. Are all agreeing with me?

Once again sorry if I wasn't clear on this.
I know what you meant, but you guys had only few pictures. i have added a lots of pics for which I don't have coloured original or coloured original never existed.
I wanted to continue with coloured but for lots of leaders I was able only to find B&W. I did not like the mix hence converted all new ones to B&W.

However, if you have time and you think you can find colour replacements go ahead by all means... I suggested for leaders, techs to use colour because that would be easy to find replaces for.

I know what you meant, but you guys had only few pictures. i have added a lots of pics for which I don't have coloured original or coloured original never existed.
I wanted to continue with coloured but for lots of leaders I was able only to find B&W. I did not like the mix hence converted all new ones to B&W.

However, if you have time and you think you can find colour replacements go ahead by all means... I suggested for leaders, techs to use colour because that would be easy to find replaces for.

No problem I will fix that. ;) But just so everybody knows, from now on we will only use coloured pictured.

@Hax, @Freak
Please look at his editor. It could be making your life lot easier...

Thanks, I will check it out! :)