• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sigil

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Faithful Acolytes:

ComStar Publishing has released an updated version of its seminal Technical Readout: 3025. It covers the numerous developments in BattleMech production and technology that have occurred since it was first published, including the Raven, the first dedicated Electronic Warfare platform built since the fall of the Star League. It is imperative you familiarize yourself with the latest military developments among both the Great and Minor Houses of the Inner Sphere during this unprecedented time of change.

Download it from Sarna.net here (Link at bottom of the page): http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

May Peace be Upon You,

Nicholas Cassnew
Precentor ROM

Author's Note: I, with the help of numerous other BattleTech fans (see the Credit page for the full list), created TRO 3028 as a tribute to the art created by Alex Iglesias for MechWarrior Online (which are the same models being used in this game). This work contains the history, along with the tabletop statistics, for all of the period-appropriate BattleMechs created by Alex including all of those available in HBS's game. Made by the fans for the fans. I hope you enjoy it and feedback of any kind is always welcome.

Incomparable Community Resourse!

Thanks @Sigil! : )

Firstly, this is awesome, and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a copy. My quibble would be that Alex doesn't do enough 'Mechs in Taurian colours, the only one I can think of is the Jagermech :p
Secondly, and mostly aimed at @Sigil , how often is it updated? I was rereading it the other night in anticipation of the game, and noticed a couple of text errors (spelling, grammar). Not that I want to seriously criticise this book, it's amazing, but since I do proof reading amongst the many hats I wear at work, I can't help noticing sometimes :)

Firstly, this is awesome, and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a copy. My quibble would be that Alex doesn't do enough 'Mechs in Taurian colours, the only one I can think of is the Jagermech :p
Secondly, and mostly aimed at @Sigil , how often is it updated? I was rereading it the other night in anticipation of the game, and noticed a couple of text errors (spelling, grammar). Not that I want to seriously criticise this book, it's amazing, but since I do proof reading amongst the many hats I wear at work, I can't help noticing sometimes :)

You mean this ride here:

13B328FB-9168-420E-AE40-B7B4FC882B62.jpeg

Thank you again good @Justin Kase!!!

Last edited:
I'm still blown away by how much loving work went into this project. Great job guys, an awesome read. Here's to the start of the Battletech Renaissance!

Pffff... PH is a dirty clanner at heart :p
I know.

I lnow.

I know!!!

And currently I can't let my Inner-Trothkin shine forth as an Avatar!!!! Oh well...

There must be a cute kitty cat one in PDX's options somewhere...
lol... I just spend some time looking for anything that could pass as an Elemental... but unfortunately, I had no luck. I hope HP has some additional Avatars for us at Launch! : )

I generally correct errors as they are brought to my attention and update the .pdf in the background. Feel free to post them here or PM me and I'll fix them. In terms of content, the only outstanding work relates to combat and support vehicles. The original plan was to incorporate the assets HBS is including in the game, i.e. Leopard-class Dropship, Galleon, Striker, Scorpion tanks, etc. The timeline on that remains to be seen.

Currently, I'm working on Touman 3049: Eve of Armageddon. It should be finished around the same time HBS releases their Clan Invasion sequel ;)

...Currently, I'm working on Touman 3049: Eve of Armageddon. It should be finished around the same time HBS releases their Clan Invasion sequel ;)
This actually brought a pang to my heart and a tear to my eye... "in Success, all is possible." : )

I generally correct errors as they are brought to my attention and update the .pdf in the background. Feel free to post them here or PM me and I'll fix them.

Will do, I'll be printing off a second copy and getting my red pen out :p
Actually, in case i haven't said it enough for for our other readers, this is an amazing piece of work and you should download a copy right now!
My manner of choosing mechs for my TT force is less grounded in tactics and ability and more down to "feel" and aesthetics. And there are three mechs in the HBS game and this TRO that i have now wedged into my TT lineup (Javelin, Blackjack and Thunderbolt; none of which i liked in the original TROs but the redesigns are cool), but i wont admit to having access to a 3D printer......

In terms of content, the only outstanding work relates to combat and support vehicles. The original plan was to incorporate the assets HBS is including in the game, i.e. Leopard-class Dropship, Galleon, Striker, Scorpion tanks, etc. The timeline on that remains to be seen.

Keep us updated, and i'm always willing to lend a hand when and where i can. (But only if we see more Taurian assets ;) )

Currently, I'm working on Touman 3049: Eve of Armageddon. It should be finished around the same time HBS releases their Clan Invasion sequel ;)

Now that would be cool!

The team is inching closer to the long awaited, and often promised, Vehicle Annex for TRO: 3028.
At the moment it appears, in the minimum, the Annex will include

Armored Personnel Carrier (APC/IFV)
Swiftwind Scout Car
Mobile Headquarters (HQ)
Scorpion Light Tank
Galleon Light Tank
Striker Light Tank
Bulldog Medium Tank
LRM/SRM Carrier
Manticore Heavy Tank
Schrek PPC Carrier
Demolisher Heavy Tank

Argo-Class DropShip
Leopard-Class DropShip
Union-Class DropShip
Gazelle-Class DropShip

Art assets will be based on HBS/PGI generated art.

The team is inching closer to the long awaited, and often promised, Vehicle Annex for TRO: 3028.
At the moment it appears, in the minimum, the Annex will include

Armored Personnel Carrier (APC/IFV)
Swiftwind Scout Car
Mobile Headquarters (HQ)
Scorpion Light Tank
Galleon Light Tank
Striker Light Tank
Bulldog Medium Tank
LRM/SRM Carrier
Manticore Heavy Tank
Schrek PPC Carrier
Demolisher Heavy Tank

Argo-Class DropShip
Leopard-Class DropShip
Union-Class DropShip
Gazelle-Class DropShip

Art assets will be based on HBS/PGI generated art.
Huzzah! Y'all are the best, thank you for all the hard work.