• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An updated version of TRO 3028 is now available via the download link at the bottom of the Sarna.net page: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout_3028

The updates includes:

BattleMechs
VL-2T Vulcan
CHP-2N Champion

Appendix A: Vehicles, IndustrialMechs, and Aerospace Assets
Swift Wind Scout Car
Armored Personnel Carrier
Mobile Headquarters
Scorpion Light Tank
Galleon Light Tank
Striker Light Tank
Bulldog Medium Tank
LRM/SRM Carrier
Manticore Heavy Tank
Demolisher Heavy Tank
Schrek PPC Carrier
Mobile Long Tom Artillery
Leopard-class DropShip
Gazelle-class DropShip
Union-class DropShip
Invader-class JumpShip
Argo-class DropShip

I mean, you couldn't have put this out before I went on holiday where there was no wifi!

I have to say, I'm rather surprised to see the Charger get the MWO treatment. Surprised, but of course pleased. Anytime a Succession War era 'Mech gets updated, it puts a big smile on my face. My current plans are to present the CGR-SB "Challenger" as the variant in TRO: 3028. I did something similar with the Banshee, as the BNC-3S is presented in the TRO rather than the original BNC-3E. The -SB will painted in the colors of the Hat-in-the-Ring Battalion, a nod to the mercenary group who pioneered the variant. The (failed) -1L (3022) and (much more successful) -1A5 (3023) will be listed under variants and I will likely allude to the (proposed) -1A9 (3034) refit as well. And, naturally, I will be unable to resist commenting on the original -1A1 (2665). All considered, I'm rather excited about writing it.

I'm also planning to include the Hatamoto-Chi, the original HTM-26T model (3039), in the "New Designs and Prototype" section. I'll play up the whole Maltex Corporation angle. It's a stretch, no doubt about it, especially given that Luthien Armor Works releases the -1A9 in 3034. Still, the -1A9 is so vastly different than the HTM-26T, it's entirely possible both were in development simultaneously rather than serially. I dunno, I'll keep thinking about it. I still come back to the "Jayhawker" Prototype where I basically broke canon to present an early tech-appropriate version of the Bushwhacker. I don't the see the HMT-26T as more a stretch than that little beauty. Feel free to weigh in...

Attachments

• MWO_Charger.png
    MWO_Charger.png
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • MWO_Hatamoto-Chi.png
    MWO_Hatamoto-Chi.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 35
I have to say, I'm rather surprised to see the Charger get the MWO treatment. Surprised, but of course pleased. Anytime a Succession War era 'Mech gets updated, it puts a big smile on my face. My current plans are to present the CGR-SB "Challenger" as the variant in TRO: 3028. I did something similar with the Banshee, as the BNC-3S is presented in the TRO rather than the original BNC-3E. The -SB will painted in the colors of the Hat-in-the-Ring Battalion, a nod to the mercenary group who pioneered the variant. The (failed) -1L (3022) and (much more successful) -1A5 (3023) will be listed under variants and I will likely allude to the (proposed) -1A9 (3034) refit as well. And, naturally, I will be unable to resist commenting on the original -1A1 (2665). All considered, I'm rather excited about writing it.

I'm also planning to include the Hatamoto-Chi, the original HTM-26T model (3039), in the "New Designs and Prototype" section. I'll play up the whole Maltex Corporation angle. It's a stretch, no doubt about it, especially given that Luthien Armor Works releases the -1A9 in 3034. Still, the -1A9 is so vastly different than the HTM-26T, it's entirely possible both were in development simultaneously rather than serially. I dunno, I'll keep thinking about it. I still come back to the "Jayhawker" Prototype where I basically broke canon to present an early tech-appropriate version of the Bushwhacker. I don't the see the HMT-26T as more a stretch than that little beauty. Feel free to weigh in...

I have no problems with focusing on the Charger -SB (likewise no problems with the Banshee).

I'm less enthusiastic over including the Hatamoto-Chi, although I also question why the Jayhawker is included. However, this is your publication so you do whatever you enjoy and whatever makes you happy :)

Is it Big?

Is it Stompy?

I'm Happy! : )

First built in 2665, the Charger remains unchanged for over 350 years. The resurrection of the Charger as a viable assault 'Mech is actually the result of the enterprising and technical savvy of the Capellans. Given a bunch of the -1L versions by the Combine as part of the Kapteyn Accords, the Capellans torn them down and rebuilt them as -1A5s, beginning in 3023. A couple of years later, Stuart Bell, Chief Tech for the Hat-in-the-Ring Battalion, modifies a -1A1 into the -SB "Challenger". Two years after that, in 3027, Luthien Armor Works buys Well Technology. Luthien Armor Works would complete work on the -1A9 in 3034 and the completely re-engineered Charger, carrying the HMT designation, would receive its first production run in 3039.

It seems plausible to me that Luthien Armor Works (LAW) simultaneously launched both the -1A9 and HTM project shortly after the acquisition of Wells Technology. And, if it hadn't been for those clever (and desperate) Liao engineers, the underlying value of the CGR production lines may never have been revealed. Also during this time, LAW is working on the 90-ton Daboku, a design gifted to them by the Capellans also as part of the Accords. They finish a severely flawed version of it in 3038, although it would have to wait until 3048 before it became a viable design, now referred to as the Mauler.

So, by 3028, the date of the TRO, Luthien Armor Works has already been in possession of Wells Technology and the CGR production line for as long as 18-24 months. There is also an established flow of technical information running between the Capellans and the Kuritans thanks to the impending marriage of Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner. They all know war is coming, in fact, the 4th Succession War is just about the break out. It is also important to remember the dates given in the MUL, and those from assorted source books and technical readouts, generally refer to when a BattleMech entered mass production, not when the project to create it was launched. The HMT could well have been on the drawing board and prototyping for a decade before it reached production status.

That said, if Luthien Armor Works hadn't bought Well Technology until 3030 or later, that would have made it an ever harder sell. And, it's just so hard to resist putting in all the MWO 'Mechs I can reasonably fit into the TRO...

As I said, it's your book, you can include what you want, but you did also remind me
Also during this time, LAW is working on the 90-ton Daboku, a design gifted to them by the Capellans also as part of the Accords. They finish a severely flawed version of it in 3038, although it would have to wait until 3048 before it became a viable design, now referred to as the Mauler
Another bit I don't personally agree with, since the Daboku/Mauler was an entirely in-house Draconis design (until a canon source says otherwise of course).

First built in 2665, the Charger remains unchanged for over 350 years. The resurrection of the Charger as a viable assault 'Mech is actually the result of the enterprising and technical savvy of the Capellans. Given a bunch of the -1L versions by the Combine as part of the Kapteyn Accords, the Capellans torn them down and rebuilt them as -1A5s, beginning in 3023. A couple of years later, Stuart Bell, Chief Tech for the Hat-in-the-Ring Battalion, modifies a -1A1 into the -SB "Challenger". Two years after that, in 3027, Luthien Armor Works buys Well Technology. Luthien Armor Works would complete work on the -1A9 in 3034 and the completely re-engineered Charger, carrying the HMT designation, would receive its first production run in 3039.

It seems plausible to me that Luthien Armor Works (LAW) simultaneously launched both the -1A9 and HTM project shortly after the acquisition of Wells Technology. And, if it hadn't been for those clever (and desperate) Liao engineers, the underlying value of the CGR production lines may never have been revealed. Also during this time, LAW is working on the 90-ton Daboku, a design gifted to them by the Capellans also as part of the Accords. They finish a severely flawed version of it in 3038, although it would have to wait until 3048 before it became a viable design, now referred to as the Mauler.

So, by 3028, the date of the TRO, Luthien Armor Works has already been in possession of Wells Technology and the CGR production line for as long as 18-24 months. There is also an established flow of technical information running between the Capellans and the Kuritans thanks to the impending marriage of Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner. They all know war is coming, in fact, the 4th Succession War is just about the break out. It is also important to remember the dates given in the MUL, and those from assorted source books and technical readouts, generally refer to when a BattleMech entered mass production, not when the project to create it was launched. The HMT could well have been on the drawing board and prototyping for a decade before it reached production status.

That said, if Luthien Armor Works hadn't bought Well Technology until 3030 or later, that would have made it an ever harder sell. And, it's just so hard to resist putting in all the MWO 'Mechs I can reasonably fit into the TRO...

I love that the Hatamoto is finally in MWO and I can see the reasoning as to why it would be available.
One thing I would consider is defining WHY the Hatamoto's are still in Prototype phase for ten years, something beyond "It's too expensive to convert ALL the CGR Prod lines to make Hatamotos.".

So far, TRO: 3028 has been reflecting what we're seeing in the game. Is this update to assume it may be future game additions?

The Charger, Hatamoto-Chi and likely the Hatchetman will add be added at some point in the relatively near future. Of course, all of the statistics are for the tabletop game, upon which HBS has based the video game statistics :)

The Charger, Hatamoto-Chi and likely the Hatchetman will add be added at some point in the relatively near future. Of course, all of the statistics are for the tabletop game, upon which HBS has based the video game statistics :)
The Hatchetman is inbound to us next month, along with Cyclops, Crab and the rest of the FLASHPOINT expansion!

243DB26C-5D21-4A13-8101-FA6EE535A1FF.png

So long as that's not a retcon. I've had quite enough of those in my various fandoms.
The Daboku/Mauler being a Drac design isn't a retcon, but the Linesman mech was a retcon by a German battletech magazine that made the original design a Cappie mech (later given to the Dracs) just so 3025 era players can use the Mauler.

Last edited:
The Daboku/Mauler being a Drac design isn't a retcon, but the Linesman mech was a retcon by a German battletech magazine that the original design a Cappie mech (later given to the Dracs) just so 3025 era players can use the Mauler.

In terms of strict canon, anything in the “New Designs and Prototypes” section is on shaky ground, some more so than others. That is why they are in their own section. Note the Nightstar is a non-canonical downgrade of the original chassis although there is some basis for the chassis surviving through the Sucession Wars, especially on Kathil. See the paint job

In terms of strict canon, anything in the “New Designs and Prototypes” section is on shaky ground, some more so than others. That is why they are in their own section. Note the Nightstar is a non-canonical downgrade of the original chassis although there is some basis for the chassis surviving through the Sucession Wars, especially on Kathil. See the paint job
Indeed ;)
I was just clarifying my statement in case it seemed like I had a problem with the Daboku/Mauler.
As I said before (and mean in a purely positive way, in case it seems passive aggressive) it's your book, and you put in whatever you want; I'm just happy to have an awesome TRO featuring some excellent artwork and good fluff.