• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nein

Lt. General
2 Badges
Feb 19, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
Why? It´s documented to modify the slider by the value and not set the slider to that value:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-triggers-list

It doesn't matter really, I just thought that shouldn't cause the event not to trigger.

If you use triggers for actions don´t name them action a, b, c, d but as in this example simply action. The script sorts out which actions still are valid after checking the triggers and then should display only the valid ones:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post10731877

Now the event shows all the commands so I suppose it's the trigger itself that's not working.

Also, every time I try to run the game this message appears:
error.png

Now the event shows all the commands so I suppose it's the trigger itself that's not working.
Also, every time I try to run the game this message appears:
View attachment 82803

Could you post the event to see how it exactly looks after the last modifications?
The events trigger demand innovation 10. Does Albania in the game you tested did have the slider to innovation 10 or did the event trigger ignoring the triggers conditions?

Why not make separate events for separate techgroups? Let's just settle the requirements for all groups, like technology levels, domestic policy etc. I mean really, African tribes shouldn't be able to westernize as easy as say Muslims. Sth like:

Muslim -> Orthodox:

*31 LT, 4 Infra, 4 Trade
*Innovativeness 5
*Knownprovince: London/Paris/Amsterdam/Madrid/Lisbona/whatever

Something along those lines. That's really just an example, surely it needs to be tweaked. Just to not see African tribes westernizing to early or sth ;)

Could you post the event to see how it exactly looks after the last modifications?
The events trigger demand innovation 10. Does Albania in the game you tested did have the slider to innovation 10 or did the event trigger ignoring the triggers conditions?

I cheated to move the innovative slider to 10 with +3 stability, and here is the event:

Code:
#(1419-1819) Tech group improvement
event = {
	id = 88888888
	persistent = yes
	name = "Tech group improvement"
	desc = "With our recent changes in mindset our progress becomes every day greater"
        trigger = {
		NOT = { tech = latin }
		domestic = { type = innovative value = 10 }
		stability = 3
	}

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = december year = 1819 }

action = {
		name = "Continue"
		trigger = { tech = orthodox }
		command = { type = stability value = -6 }
		command = { type = technology which = latin }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = -10 }
	}
	action = {
		name = "Continue"
		trigger = { tech = muslim }
		command = { type = technology which = orthodox }
	}
	action = {
		name = "Continue"
		trigger = { tech = asian }
		command = { type = technology which = muslim }
	}
	action = {
		name = "Continue"
		trigger = { tech = african }
		command = { type = technology which = asian }
	}
	action = {
		name = "Continue"
		trigger = { tech = pagan }
		command = { type = technology which = african }
	}
	action = {
		name = "Statu quo"
	}
}

Ober said:
Just to not see African tribes westernizing to early or sth
1- I don't think this should be a "westernization", as countries are not necessarily basing their changes in those that happened in Western Europe, but rather discovering for themselves the benefits of open-mindedness, among other things.
2- As long as the process is gradual (i.e. without skipping any tech group) I think that should be possible if the circumstances allow it (which for the AI will probably be never).

Another thing, if we're going to make separate events for different groups, adding generic chains, supposing they are possible, would be great.

Last edited:
I cheated to move the innovative slider to 10 with +3 stability,

O.K. then the trigger of the event works because the conditions are fulfilled.

and here is the event:
Code:
	action = {
		name = "Statu quo"
	}
}

"Status quo" and perhaps try to have the last action not empty, e.g. try command = { } or a loss of -5 Victory points. anything but a completely empty action.

"Status quo" and perhaps try to have the last action not empty, e.g. try command = { } or a loss of -5 Victory points. anything but a completely empty action.

Now it looks like this:
Code:
	action = {
		name = "Statu quo"
		command = { type = vp value = -1 }
	}
It didn't help.

Also:
It is a commonly used form of the original Latin "statu quo"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_quo

Last edited:
In the file it's this one:
Code:
# The Council of Florence and the Union of the Churches
event = { 
	id = 3836

# Triggered by BYZ 3833

random = no
	country = ALB
	name = "EVENTNAME3836"
	desc = "EVENTHIST3836"

action_a ={ #Gain CB on Ottomans#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3836A"
		command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 60 }
	}
}

By ID I suppose it's this (not sure):
Code:
#(1550-1820) Sikhism in Chandigahr
event = {
	id = 338056
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			provincereligion = { province = 1520 data = sikh } #Chandigahr
		}
	}
	random = no
	province = 1520 #Chandigahr
	name = "EVENTNAME338056" # Sikhism in Chandigahr
	desc = "EVENTHIST338055"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1550 }
	offset = 6000
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME338055A" #A new religion!;
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 1520 value = sikh }
	}
}

Hm, looks alright. You still get that critical error message, right? But there's nothing wrong with the syntax of your trigger, so the error must be somewhere else. Are you sure "latin" is a valid tech group? What happens if you replace it with orthodox in the trigger?

You can try validating the mod with the validator from my sig; just ignore all other error messages. It should find any errors pretty quickly.

Are you sure "latin" is a valid tech group? What happens if you replace it with orthodox in the trigger?

You can try validating the mod with the validator from my sig; just ignore all other error messages. It should find any errors pretty quickly.

1- I'm sure latin is the right name of the group.
2- I suppose you are talking about the event trigger, if so, then nothing happened (except that the messages I mentioned say orthodox twice instead of once).
3- The validator only says things about the other event in the file.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone helping!

2- I suppose you are talking about the event trigger, if so, then nothing happened (except that the messages I mentioned say orthodox twice instead of once).
Do you mean the message you posted the screenshot of? Do you still get that? Also, is there a first page of this thread that's missing or something? Your original post quotes a non-existent post.

The validator only says things about the other event in the file.
Well, what does it say, or more importantly, did you fix it? Just because the game complains about an error in this event doesn't mean the error is actually in this event.

Those quotes are from another thread (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?688605-Best-Non-European-Countries/page2)

About the errors, I now fixed 1 (a pointless random = no), but the other says:
[event[1]] (9,1)
Name: action_a
Scope: Event
Value: <a complex type>

And this is that other event:
Code:
# The Council of Florence and the Union of the Churches
event = { [COLOR="#FFFF00"]line 9[/COLOR]
	id = 3836

# Triggered by BYZ 3833

country = ALB
	name = "EVENTNAME3836"
	desc = "EVENTHIST3836"

action_a ={ #Gain CB on Ottomans#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3836A"
		command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 60 }
	}
}

I don't know how to fix the problem.

There's really no need to have action_[abcd] anymore, I think the current validator version reports these as errors. If you replace it with "action" you shouldn't get any errors validating that file.

So, what exactly is the problem? Do you still get the error message you posted in the first post in this thread about the invalid trigger "tech = latin"? Or is just the event not triggering?

If you still get any actual errors, it's probably best if you zip and upload the whole mod package so I can have a look myself.

So, what exactly is the problem? Do you still get the error message you posted in the first post in this thread about the invalid trigger "tech = latin"? Or is just the event not triggering?

I get those messages for all the tech groups I used, actually, and the trigger works fine.

If you still get any actual errors, it's probably best if you zip and upload the whole mod package so I can have a look myself.

I'm using vanilla for the testing, and I don't remember changing anything except for some sprites.