• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's weird, so far, judging by the hints, it can actually be Vicky III, although it has been officially denied. The only thing that would make sense is a change of name.
Other than that the hints also allow for some Rome hope.

All the other PDX games fail at one or more of the hints.

tumblr_loh08lxYGo1qlh1s6o1_400.gif

I want to believe that is Victoria 3, but would be Rome II

Probably tells us more about the type of game it is than the setting/franchise. Sounds good.

A crazy thought is that it could be a Bronze Age game - trading key resources was huge around the Eastern Mediterranean then. The first hint was in the form of a question, too...

EU:Rome also had trade goods, and the amounts did matter, since a province having access to, say, Iron, gained access to recruting Heavy Infantry, and you could also export the excess to other provinces.

EDIT: added some clarifications

It's weird, so far, judging by the hints, it can actually be Vicky III, although it has been officially denied. The only thing that would make sense is a change of name.
Other than that the hints also allow for some Rome hope.

All the other PDX games fail at one or more of the hints.
So true...

Okay, so we are talking a bit more complex economy than EU4 where regions produce goods worth X. Now we are talking different specific amounts of each good. The only place I have seen this in a PDX game before is Victoria, and because we "know" that it won't be Victoria, my guess is that it is Rome with a more complex Victoria-esque economy system. What do you guys think?

EU: Settlers confirmed? :p

Probably tells us more about the type of game it is than the setting/franchise. Sounds good.

A crazy thought is that it could be a Bronze Age game - trading key resources was huge around the Eastern Mediterranean then. The first hint was in the form of a question, too...

Does it though? This hint could apply to Age of Empires or Surviving Mars or EU4. I wouldn't even rule a card game out, who knows, maybe they make a card game with a goods production mechanic?

If this isn't Victoria III now I will be extremely disappointed.

Trade (Mediterranean in particular) was pretty much important in all ages. It became reduced at certain points in history but never ceased being fundamentally important. I mean, it probably rules out the post-Western Rome dark ages, but that's about it.

Whatever the game it turns out to be, I'm happy it has this importance of each unit of goods produced.

My hopes are Ancient Empires/Rome-game or finally a Grand Strategy fantasy game with 4X influence. Each unit of mana should be important I guess?