• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

uncldead

First Lieutenant
88 Badges
Jan 18, 2011
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
After making WC as Afghanistan, Poland, Luxemburg and fast-run as Soviets (WC finished in 1942) I decided to achieve something REALY HARD - World Conquest as Tannu Tuva.

Tannu Tuva is a landlocked communist country with 2k manpower and 87k total population. It has 1 silly infantry division and almost no techs at start.

Historical Info: Tuva entered World War II with the USSR on 22 or 25 June 1941, three days after the German attack on the Soviet Union. A voluntary funding campaign in Tuva helped the Red Army in the fight against the Axis Powers. Additionally, Tuva despatched thousands of horses, skis, overcoats, and leather goods. On 11 October 1944, at the request of Tuva's Small People's Khural (parliament), Tuva became a part of the Soviet Union.

During the fight in Galicia and Volyn Tuvan cavalry made fear on enemy soldiers. A German officer G. Rehmke, captivated in January 1944 in the battle of Derazhnya (now Volyn region of Ukraine) said during the interrogation that his soldiers "unconsciously perceived these barbarians as the hordes of Attila "and lost all fighting capacity. It is known that in German circles Tuvan cavalry had the nickname "Black Death" (it. «Der Schwarze Tod»). This is largely due to the fact that tuvin soldiers, in accordance with their national military notions of ethics, basically did not take prisoners.

13ASQbtXw.jpg

I failed more than 20 starting ironman attempts due to my own mistakes and random (like 60% world tentions in june 1937 and China joins Allies after Japan attacks) before this good run I'm playing now.

1436435252_rrgnx7e6seu.jpg

So, what you have to do, playing as Tannu Tuva?

1. Casus belli on Sinkiang.
2. June 15 - casus belli on Tibet.
(optional, august - cb on Nepal)
3. ~October - casus belli on Xibei San Ma
4. ~March - casus belli on People's Republic of China

October 27 you start a war with Sinkiang win 2 divisions. main goal is to take territory VERY FAST with no battles. If lucky, Tuva will get all regions.

After that, ~March 37 it's time to attack Tibet (no invites for ussr and mongolia or german troops will spawn). Again, fast capital rush with no real fights. Same in Nepal.

When the time of war with Xibei San Ma comes, you should already have artillery in divisions, without it victory can't be achieved.

_ZjMb-1YZTo.jpg

Needless to say, all political power except for CB should go to manpower plans. When 10% is gained, next 150 can be put into +30% pp advisor.

If possible, better not to press 20% plan before 39-40 year due to huge loss of production speed.

The point of taking Xibei San Ma is to pass this mountain-desert huge area to be able to press fast attack on Sichuan.
The point of making cb on Mao is that Nat.China will not know about that (since they are not allied before the war) so Nat.China will not put troops on your border and Tuva will have some time to freely advance while Japan breaks chineese defence.

XOcFBSZwHqw.jpg

Unfortunately, Japan did gather more warscore than me, but anyway I managed to get a lot of rich regions which will make future wars possible (it's 10% conscription plan on screenshot)

1nLu8_FJNF8.jpg

Next post tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Very impressive, good sir! I was thinking about doing a Mongolia playthrough myself and I think I can certainly learn a few things from you here!

To the ends of the earth!

After China capitulated things got in motion. Fascism drifting began, fuled by military officers who saw that communism didn't save Mao.
fjkvFbnK5OI.jpg

After a year of preparations new offencive campaing started. Hitler made a strike on Poland which made allies too busy to intervene in Middle East mess.
Afghanistan was taken fast and almost all Iranian troops were caught in a large pocket.
cm-wJKnbuAE.jpg

Until the start of the summer the whole Middle East was conquered: Afghanista, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Aravia, Oman and Yemen.
Hitler was doing like literaly nothing and France was still solid. Netherless Tuva military Counsil decided to strike the Allies.
India has no more than 20 divisions present and capitulated quickly. Suez was taken. Syria and british lands in Middle East too.
dopYFZ30f80.jpg

This is the place where I made a major mistake - I did not take Singapour (and it was taken by Siam). It is crucial to take it, because later you would not want Hitler to have all this rubber.

Anyway, it was a time for Turkey to fall. War with Turkey is hard if you don't have syrian foothold to attack from. But I had. The trick in a turkish war is to very quickly catch their army in a large pocket. Or they will retreat to Ankara-Istambul where you will loose a lot of good men trying to break mountain defence for years.
ldnOkjAm_vo.jpg

Here comes my another BIG mistake - i just left Comintern, not realising that I will lose EVERY BIT OF SUPPLY EVERYWHERE.

That was a DISASTER.

And so we went to war with Stalin...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Into Russia...with love! :cool:

You honestly put me to shame, I'm worrying about how I will turn the world Fascist for the Achievement and you are kicking arse as Tannu-Tuva lol Well Played :)

c0agvchoD_M.jpg

And so we went to war. Zero supplies and collapced industry demanded the most urgent measures.

N68EilO4-Y8.jpg

First of all, we needed three things:
1) Make a 'road of life' through Mongolia to bring supplies to my whole empire
2) Take the whole Mongolia region to re-lauch my industry complex
3) Successfully defend Caucasus and Central Asia to at least prevent soviet assault

lmupwwzpzqo.jpg

Starving without fuel supplies, netherless my panzer divisions were successful.
Thanks to Japan, Middle Asia border was secured on the whole way.
And Caucasus... No enemies until we were 100 km close to Stalingrad.
aId8JyQIP0M.jpg

Airdrop operation to Crimea was full success. For the record - it was the only successful airdrop operation in my game. Hard to do it right without air superiority.
uQTccGrscI4.jpg

The AI is quite a gentelman - Soviet AI move ALL his troops from western front to south to fight me, while Hitler stopped his progression through Ukraine and Belarus. I literally have no words for such game logic. By the way, take attention to the number of german divisions - he started to produce them like crazy.
8cOkTnXEqhI.jpg

Standard multi-pocket operation on soviet troops.
WDea2tOJkLQ.jpg

I myself was surprised when I found that made such a huge cauldron.
_KY5YzPlFec.jpg

It took 15 months to bring down Soviet Union. Not a bad result, huh?
Manpower, however, isn't very high, so no mass recruitment to panzer corps. And Hitler already has 550 divisions...
BeePVNgqzgc.jpg

Now Tuvan goal was to finish war with Allies. It required three operations:
1) Take down Finland, Sweden and Norway - operation 'North'
2) Bring Sea Lion to British Isles - operation 'Quick water'
3) March on Washington and bring Roozevelt on the knees. Along with Canada and Australia - operation 'New World'

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Before concentrating on real tasks Commandment was forced to draw some troops in Turkey, where Allies dropped. They were easily thrown into the sea anyway.
MpU0Ru0edRg.jpg

Traditional african madness had no possible ways to end as the AI is too dumb to win the continent.
eO6tj2ssDo4.jpg

Scandinavian region is a realy hard nut to crack. Even strongiest army can loose way too many soldiers there. And time, time is the most precious resourse to throw on this region.
Tuvan battle plan for this operation was simple - use tanks to make a large pocket very fast, or else the whole designated army will suffer very hard from lack of supplies.
The operation was partly a success - army managed to relatevely fast kick swedish troops and gain free southern border of Norway to break into. Still, we lost some months and lack of supplies was severe here.

Operation 'North' started nov.42 and finished apr.43. A bit slow, yeah. Still things were going according the Great Plan.
494-HFFw4hE.jpg

Operation 'Quick Water' was delayed for the half of year due to strategic mistake - we simple didn't know how to make a good army drop from water. And when the technics got ready to get our army through the seas - we started the flow. 10 divisions and 3 landing operations - 7 of them made their way to the shore. 3 divisions were lost despite of our fleet protecting them in british waters.

Ff9Ay2fP61M.jpg

Once the landing is successful, British surrender is a matter of time. Very small time. Less than 3 months, and it could be even much faster.

lhx5tHYc3B4.jpg

So the time for a great american invasion has come. 100 USA divisions just dropped to Spain - absolutely insane move which will only make my progression through yankee land faster since USA had 200 divs, 100 in Spain and ~50 in Africa.
4ZrafF0QOb0.jpg

At the first days of April we landed. American forced were easily taken into pockets and disarmed along our long way through american lands.
H8dqp9a9VPk.jpg

Easy.

4tWTblcCQZI.jpg

Warscore system in HOI4 is awful, for the record. It awards for losing people, not for killing enemies. Hitler took only France and lost more than a million soldiers - and had just a little less warscore than Tuva, who conquered Turkey, Scandinavia, Britain, USA, Canada and Australia. Madness.

Tsm1axxLCWg.jpg

So we are close to the final part of this story - THE LAST GREAT WAR OF HUMANITY. Hitler has 850 divisions, his allies - ~250 total. Tuva has prepared 400 divisions to the end of 1945. The year is 1946 and 8 of january the world will enter its final war, that will change the course of history.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wow. This is impressive.

Ouch, looks like I forgot to make the last part of this AAR.

Oh boy, that was a Total War.

Our troops were ready. 60 divisions in Netherlands, 14 in Denmark, 80 ready for Berlin race.

NK90OUOYfhQ.jpg

Defensive line in Finland with no actual intentions to make advancement here being heavily outnumbered by Nazis.

Hl9WgMOjT0k.jpg

10 veteran divisions near Cairo blocking Africa and some fresh divisions for Turkey and Syria with intentions to bring here more refreshments right from Tuva and secure the region.

iysfj7BnsbI.jpg

Intelligence reports predicted easy conquest of continental Japan and the whole Tuvan fleet was here to continue the assault until the Tokyo is taken.

1XaYKlBFxsc.jpg

Simultanious atomic bombardment of all major cities of the Reich and Japan prepared the road for glorious Tuvin troops.

1hTD3Vm4qeA.jpg

That was actually faster than I expected. Less than 2 days before the mighty Reich has fallen - who could predict that?

wBrBk50DIHg.jpg

3 months.

Q0CizkBQTiI.jpg

Here we go. Less than a half of year.

84MISMUfeaE.jpg

The conquest of Latin America took me more, actually. Because of very poor supply management and my laziness the whole game was finished only at the beginning of 1947. Still good for Ironman Tuva, in my opinion.

yoL0hzUecvc.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
c0agvchoD_M.jpg

And so we went to war. Zero supplies and collapced industry demanded the most urgent measures.

N68EilO4-Y8.jpg

First of all, we needed three things:
1) Make a 'road of life' through Mongolia to bring supplies to my whole empire
2) Take the whole Mongolia region to re-lauch my industry complex
3) Successfully defend Caucasus and Central Asia to at least prevent soviet assault

lmupwwzpzqo.jpg

Starving without fuel supplies, netherless my panzer divisions were successful.
Thanks to Japan, Middle Asia border was secured on the whole way.
And Caucasus... No enemies until we were 100 km close to Stalingrad.
aId8JyQIP0M.jpg

Airdrop operation to Crimea was full success. For the record - it was the only successful airdrop operation in my game. Hard to do it right without air superiority.
uQTccGrscI4.jpg

The AI is quite a gentelman - Soviet AI move ALL his troops from western front to south to fight me, while Hitler stopped his progression through Ukraine and Belarus. I literally have no words for such game logic. By the way, take attention to the number of german divisions - he started to produce them like crazy.
8cOkTnXEqhI.jpg

Standard multi-pocket operation on soviet troops.
WDea2tOJkLQ.jpg

I myself was surprised when I found that made such a huge cauldron.
_KY5YzPlFec.jpg

It took 15 months to bring down Soviet Union. Not a bad result, huh?
Manpower, however, isn't very high, so no mass recruitment to panzer corps. And Hitler already has 550 divisions...
BeePVNgqzgc.jpg

Now Tuvan goal was to finish war with Allies. It required three operations:
1) Take down Finland, Sweden and Norway - operation 'North'
2) Bring Sea Lion to British Isles - operation 'Quick water'
3) March on Washington and bring Roozevelt on the knees. Along with Canada and Australia - operation 'New World'
isnt roosevelt already on his knees, you know... wheelchair?