• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GermiyanBey

Private
11 Badges
Sep 9, 2018
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Honor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Majesty 2 Collection
I am playing as Ottomans, I researched pre-requisite technology Artillery 1916 (now at 1918), still GreatWar Tanks are not available. (Maybe some other nations have similar problem too?)

Then I checked the Technology Tree closely and here is my finding (please check attachment):

Root of the Tank Tree starts with:
Great War Tanks

Great War Tanks requires:
-Heavy Tank 1917
-Great War Heavy Field Artillery (Artillery 1916)

Artillery 1916 is researched. But there is no way to research Heavy Tank 1917 anywhere (it seems it is inaccessible from Tech Tab).

If there is any way for me to fix this, I will be happy if you can let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen-Techtab.jpg
    Screen-Techtab.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 25
All secret weapons are closed in 1918. So how do I produce tanks? I don't find this meaningful. This means tanks are to be given to several nations only.
Thanks for the reply.
Secret weapons techs have special mechanic. You have to meet the requirements shown under question mark and then wait for invention event which activate given technology (i.e. make it available to research). Invention events are random - you can have about 5 of them per year (on average, so you can have more or less or none).

In case of tanks you have to research Great War Armoured Car 1916 (Armour & Artillery tab) and then wait for invention event, which allows you to research Experimental Tank 1916 and Super heavy WW1 Tank 1917 (both in Secret Weapons tab), which allows you to research tanks from Armour & Artillery tab.

Thanks for the info and replies. Is there any way to launch the event sooner or immediately? Because Tank technology is just a brigade before 1930s and I don't find it very meaningful to wait for it much, it is just personal preference.