• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have enjoyed this immensely and will miss it now that the end has arrived.

On the bright side it might give me time to catch up with another huge AAR

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for these comments, very much appreciate all who have read & commented as this odd little tale has unfolded. As maybe clear from a few of my comments, I've enjoyed the AAR (esp in the latter stages) more than playing CK to its conclusion. But having said that, I've been surprised a few times at just how destructive, even to a large kingdom, are some of the game mechanics - poor reputation (internationally) and some bad traits (domestically) can create quite a crisis. Makes me wonder how anyone can do a WC in CK.

So far, from a purely selfish point of view, this AAR has been the one I've most enjoyed writing and in Harry & Astarte feel I've developed a double act that deserves to be seen again ...

Will be missed :).

we'll be back ... somewhere

A brilliant ending to a wonderful AAR. Michael left like a lovesick fawning puppy, Harry continuing to show surprising competence, Astarte as ever proving ridiculously capable of causing lots of chaos and finally the big man steps in hand out divine justice. I think everyone can be reasonably happy with his decisions!

I really have enjoyed this, the updates have brightened up quite a few crappy work days, thus thank you. Have the plans for a possible move to M&B advanced any further by the way? I'd love to see Harry and Astarte meddling in a new land. Or could they both return in the future for CK2 (please!)?

I was rather surprised that some in-game events sort of allowed me to end as I'd started to imagine it would ... since I've been 'making it up as I go along'(tm), that there was no guarentee that any coherent end possible at all, so this was something of a surprise.

MnB makes some progress, I've not only worked out how to stop on a horse without riding into a tree, but even managed to actually hit someone in a fight ... while I work out a few other basic skills, I'm giving some love and attention to the Seven Years War. If you thought the Rurikovich Kings were incompetent ... check out the activity rate of your average Austrian c 1756.

Has he been anointing Astarte again with his Holy Water? Did the Spirit move her? :p

Anyway... Thanks for the memories, it's been a fun ride. :) And a pretty decent ending: Astarte gets her wish, the Rurikovichs are quarantined (much to the relief of assorted Angels, deities, demons and immortal souls everywhere, one would think) and God clears the whole thing off his plate. Michael as a lovesick puppy is a nice bonus. All involved can be pretty pleased with it (except Michael, of course).

Oh, and Harry? I think he'll be perfectly content to run the rowdiest and longest-running party in the Afterlife. Plus, he gets all the Rurikovichs and Michael and Astarte get none. That's some bragging rights, I imagine.

Thanks again. I hope you'll do another story-driven AAR (and one featuring Harry in some role wouldn't be frowned upon), but regardless of your future plans, I have enjoyed this one a great deal.

As above, I'm quite happy with the way a fairly neat, reasonably plausible (in the context of the AAR) ending suggested itself. The big losers (apart from the poor people of Russia) are of course the 3 Archangels. The idea of Michael spending eternity mooning after the Empress of Hell is a rather nice image (with I suspect at least one classic precedent).

Congratualtions! This has been a very entertaining ride!

It's always a really satisfying feeling when you finish an AAR properly (and by that I mean start to finish rather than abandoning ;)) isn't it?

Please let me know when you start your next AAR (or do you have any on the go at the moment)?

Cheers!

Iain
Please do not stop!
I want more men sent to Walhalla!

one thing I discovered is that CK doesn't actually end at the end of 1452, it just carries on ... but I feel this one has reached both a game and a natural end. The party was a great, if accidental invention, that gave a new voice to the final set of posts, but I've run out of inspiration at the moment (though I do have a file with a set of jottings ...)

I have enjoyed this immensely and will miss it now that the end has arrived. On the bright side it might give me time to catch up with another huge AAR

ah ... that one. Ah well its only 30 pages at the moment, & an awful lot of those pages are maps ... and pictures ... and words, lots of words.

... & again ... thank you one and all.