• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zackxoxo

Recruit
May 28, 2020
Thinking about buying the game today, since it's 75% off, but with no mac demo I want to make sure my computer can run it smoothly. Paradox lists the system requirements as an intel duo core 2 GHz or higher, and my Macbook air has a 1.4 GHz i5. They also list ATI Radeon HD 6750 / NVIDIA GeForce 320 / NVIDIA GeForce 9600 or higher as acceptable Video card and I have Intel HD Graphics 5000 card. Do you think I can run the game relatively well? Sorry for the system requirements question, I tried searching the subreddit but the other system requirements questions were archived and I could no longer comment. Thanks for the help.

um...CKII is free...is that the game you're talking about?

Last edited:
and my Macbook air has a 1.4 GHz i5.

This should be your problem, not the Intel HD card.

As said above and as far as i can see, it's free on Steam for PC and Mac.
PS: Looked elsewhere and yes it is. Don't pay.

FWIW. my computer falls way short of meeting the minimum requirement as far as the video card goes, yet I can still run the game fine. Doesn't mean it will work for you, but since it's free now, there's no harm in trying.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This should be your problem, not the Intel HD card.

As said above and as far as i can see, it's free on Steam for PC and Mac.
PS: Looked elsewhere and yes it is. Don't pay.
IFAIK an i5 has an hexa-core, which is superior to a duo-core. This is offset by the fact, that each core is lower though.

IFAIK an i5 has an hexa-core, which is superior to a duo-core. This is offset by the fact, that each core is lower though.

It can be a okta core even , still doesn't matter if the game can only use three, besides the point that an i5 is not necessarily
a 5 core, but i'd leave that disucssion to people knowledgable enough.

PS: I miss you in the OT football thread. ;)

Last edited: