• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chsignal

Private
14 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Gettysburg
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
I love space game but have old PC, so my question is, will i be able to run game on:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.80, 2 GB ram, HD6670, Win XP

Yes i know its ancient PC and graphics in trailer looks more modern than my PC but still i hope for good optimization.

You don't meet the min specs so you most likely will not be able to run it.
Here are the min spec and max spec for the game. From the game site under info

Minimum Hardware requirements
3.10GHz Intel Core i3-2100
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD equivalent.

Recommended hardware requirements:
3GHz Intel i5 quad core or equivalent.
8 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 or equivalent.

Windows support:
Vista 64 bit/Win 7/Win 8
MAC OS Mavericks

Most of the min spec parts are already out of date by 4 years. I tried looking for the parts on newegg but could not find any, they are not sold anymore I think.
One thing to note is that it say vista 64bit i don't know if it means that it is 64nit only or not on 7 and 8.

Considering it prefers to run on 8GB memory, that'd be 64bit as well.

Hi guy's, I'm BACK!

Have been waiting for a new space game since MOO2 (I know, that's been a long time).

Am officially retiring my old XP Duo Core 2.3Mhz system that I've had for over ten years now.

Now building a new system around the specs for Ancient Space.

Actually, have been desiring to build a new system for a few years now, but waiting for the right combination of technological advancements. This new system will be a so-called thick client, which is for multi-use. It will stream multi-media to television, interface with wireless devices, but also good for playing games as this one. It won't be top of the line, but should last for at least another 10 years.

My current build includes:
AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) processor
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C9D-16GTX
WD BLACK SERIES WD3003FZEX 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Haven't decided on a graphics card just yet, but it will certainly meet or exceed the requirements for this game.

Nice system by the looks of it, the WD Black series of HDD's are especially nice, I noticed a huge performance gain on windows 7 64 bit after upgrading from a caviar blue to one. (They're also super quiet.)

Depending on your budget (which appears considerable given the rig you've got planned or is reaching its upper limit?) a Nvidia GTX 550 TI is relatively cheap and gives solid performance for pretty much any game ont he market these days if paired with a powerful rig like the one you have planned. (You can also link 2 of them together for a performance gain comparable to a card that costs 3-4x the price of two 550 TI's)

The only thing I would definitely recommend is to get a solid power supply with sufficient wattage to run everything and about 250 watts extra to spare.(for later upgrades)

If your power supply is one of the cut rate trash models they include "free" with the purchase of a computer case, you'll have lots of issues with uneven voltage across all rails and a lack of continual output at peak power. (Not to mention they are noisy as hell) A good PSU costs around $80-$120, anything cheaper is a waste of money and can fry your motherboard when it dies.

As far as XP goes (for others than still run the now obsolete OS, or if you happen to get the game before you build your new rig,) unless you happen to be running a 64 bit version of it I wouldn't count on it running Ancient Space, and a definitely won't if Ancient Space it uses any direct X 11 visuals. (I've seen and used the hacks to make X com Enemy Unknown and Even Borderlands 2 (Altering dot net .40 to run on Xp is surprisingly easy) to run on Xp back in the day when it otherwise shouldn't normally, but it any game that requires direct x 11 to run will never run on the OS.)

Last edited: