• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thats weird, the only building changes from 1.3 to 1.4 are the byzantine culture group changes. I'll look into it.
The only changes to vanilla culture buildings in the mod should be the (liege+county) building requirement changes.

A quick guess would be to change the dates under this specific building to 1066. Should be 2 I believe and one I think (never tested) determines when the building is allowed to be prebuilt in provinces. I believe the date near the bottom of the script for the building is the one that needs to be changed.

Last edited:
I still don't get what's changed.

Code:
	#Frankish, Occitan, Norman and German Lists
	ca_culture_frank_norman_german_1 = {
		potential = {
			FROM = {
				OR = {
					culture = frankish
					culture = occitan
					culture = norman
					culture = german
				}
			}
		}
		prerequisites = { ca_wall_2 }
		build_cost = 200
		build_time = 730
		knights = 30
		light_cavalry = 5
		ai_creation_factor = 101

start = {
			AND = {
				[COLOR="#FF8C00"]year = 1125[/COLOR]
				has_building = ca_stable_1
			}
		}
	}

Unless I'm blind, this section seems to be the same as before. :blush:

I know the date isn't 1066, but it wasn't before and it still worked. I had Squire Lists and plenty of heavy cav for my Norman invaders.

Tested it and changing the year from 1125 to 1066 does fix your problem.
I couldn't find a way to do this otherwise; so I have no idea why it worked before.
The only change from the vanilla squire lists to the one in my mod is the (liege=county) requirement changes and I removed the requirement of being christian.

Thanks a lot for looking into it for me Syren. :)

And yeah it did work before and I've checked previous versions of my mod and the date is still 1125 so I have no idea. Very odd. It's not a big problem it's just I like the Normans starting with their famed cavalry and I have no idea why the Squire Lists no longer show.

Thanks anyway!

I've just updated to the 1.4 Liege+County version and the problem seems to have fixed itself. My Norman provinces now start out with Squire Lists in 1066. :cool:

Thank you for this mod Syren - I've incorporated this into a mod pack I use solely with a few friends in our private games and it has formed the basis of something we feel is really increasing our enjoyment of the game. I've just finished adding a new "capital" building chain - which adds a chain which can only be constructed in your capital. Each upgrade tier requires a higher tier of title, meaning there's a building for counts all the way up to emperors, with the effects being cumulative.

I wanted to try and give higher ranked people a slight edge/advantage over lower tiers, when engaging in a pure 1v1 where everything else is equal, as well as generally make the buildings and higher tiers more interesting. I'd just like to share the code, as it might give other people ideas and form the basis for other building chains - as it shows how this can be achieved.

I've thoroughly tested - if you move your capital, the building will vanish and it's effects will disappear from the county within a month. This is to prevent cheating and moving capital around to build them all over the place. You *can* build multiple within the capital county itself, if you hold multiple baronies there but I don't mind that as you're already neutering yourself by limiting your demesne that way, so it balances out anyway. Besides, the higher level versions are quite expensive.

In buildings.txt, insert this anywhere after castle = { (directly below that line, before the other building chains start works just fine)

Code:
	# Capital Building Chain
	et_capital_1 = {
		potential = {
			AND = {
				is_capital = yes
				FROM = {
					OR = {
						tier = count
						tier = duke
						tier = king
						tier = emperor 
					}									
				}				
			}		
		}
		prerequisites = { ca_wall_2 }	
		build_cost = 150
		build_time = 365
		light_infantry = 50
		levy_size = 0.1
		tax_income = 1.0
		ai_creation_factor = 150

start = {
			AND = {
				year = 1086
				has_building = ca_barracks_1				
			}
		}
	}
	et_capital_2 = {
		potential = {
				is_capital = yes
		}
		prerequisites = { ca_keep_2 }
		trigger = {
			FROM = {
				OR = {
					tier = duke
					tier = king
					tier = emperor 
				}									
			}
		}		
		upgrades_from = et_capital_1
		build_cost = 350
		build_time = 547
		pikemen = 50
		levy_size = 0.15
		levy_reinforce_rate = 0.1
		tech_growth_modifier = 0.1
		tax_income = 2.0
		ai_creation_factor = 150

start = {
			AND = {
				year = 1096
				has_building = ca_town_1				
			}
		}
	}
	et_capital_3 = {
		potential = {
				is_capital = yes
		}
		prerequisites = { ca_keep_4 }
		trigger = {
			FROM = {
				OR = {
					tier = king
					tier = emperor 
				}									
			}
		}		
		upgrades_from = et_capital_2
		build_cost = 700
		build_time = 730
		knights = 50
		levy_size = 0.25
		levy_reinforce_rate = 0.15
		tech_growth_modifier = 0.15
		tax_income = 3.0
		ai_creation_factor = 150

start = {
			AND = {
				year = 1106
				has_building = ca_town_2				
			}
		}
	}
	et_capital_4 = {
		potential = {
				is_capital = yes
		}
		prerequisites = { ca_barracks_3 }
		trigger = {
			FROM = {
				tier = emperor 
			}
		}		
		upgrades_from = et_capital_3
		build_cost = 1500
		build_time = 1825
		knights = 100
		levy_size = 0.5
		levy_reinforce_rate = 0.25
		tech_growth_modifier = 0.25
		tax_income = 4.0
		ai_creation_factor = 150

start = {
			AND = {
				year = 1116
				has_building = ca_town_3
			}
		}
	}

localisation entries: (create a .csv file with Notepad++, add to another file, whichever works for your personal mod)

Code:
#CODE;ENGLISH;FRENCH;GERMAN;;SPANISH;;;;;;;;;x
et_capital_1;Great Hall;Great Hall;Great Hall;;Great Hall;;;;;;;;;x
et_capital_2;Throne Room;Throne Room;Throne Room;;Throne Room;;;;;;;;;x
et_capital_3;Royal Council;Royal Council;Royal Council;;Royal Council;;;;;;;;;x
et_capital_4;Imperial Senate;Imperial Senate;Imperial Senate;;Imperial Senate;;;;;;;;;x

I've not localised this, but it's easy enough to do if you prefer playing in another language.

Alternatively, download the files here;
Direct Download

Anyone can use this as they see fit, just give credit where credit is due please.

Update 1.5 for patch 1.6b is up; Enjoy! :)
Having a bug with Liege+County Version Download removed until I fix the bug.

Last edited:
Does the mod replace any of the buildings from vanilla now? IIRC, this replaced Saxon longbows with huscarls, but now that is no longer necessary, are any of the new culture buildings replaced this time around?

The vanilla building for all Arab cultures was given to the Kurdish.
Only other changes in this regard was culture group new buildings like the one for the South Slavic culture group were split. The 2 western cultures keep the new vanilla building and the eastern ones use the one I created.
So all the vanilla buildings are still there but not as many cultures share them.

I've just been searching online for the past hour or so to try and find a way that i dont lose all my investment in culture buildings just because "my" heir is of the "wrong" culture even if my heir's heirs are not. The leige+country thing youve done might well be the awesome fix ive been looking for. Atlhough what I really want to find is a way of making it
so that cutlure buildings never dissapear when holdings change hands, while still maintaining the same requirements to build them in the first place.

Basically Thank you for this.