• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm currently working on a mini-mod for the Varangians in Rus (Which itself is for HIP), currently using the Varangian culture list from the big culture list on this forums (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...w-Cultures&p=13920985&viewfull=1#post13920985) to get my names and I just made up some dynasty for them (using historical references from the net :blush:).

I have also given them a new religion which I have just called Norraennar(meant to be "Norrænnar" but the "æ" kept coming out funny) which is "Norse" in Icelandic (closet modern day language to Old Norse which I know off) which allows them to use boats to raid, also gave them so holy sites which are just the four Russian kingdom capitals and one over in Sweden to represent their "Swedish" Ancestory (yes I know not every single Varangian ancestor were from Sweden but a fair majority were to most sources I read), the religion is semi-historical (not the name of course) as Perun and Thor are very similar and one wouldn't be wrong to assume a Varangian wouldn't see the connections (Yes I know poor I'm standing on weak foundations here but games limitations are game limitations)

I was going to make some events which would have Novgorod(Guadriki) expand into Kiev and then from there flip to Russian then too Orthodox (all via set date/conditional decisions and events) but I didn't want to get a head of myself as well it would be a lot of upkeep as it does require to edit the "landed_titles" file due to the Varangian names having to be placed *so you don't see Novgorod instead of Guadriki*.

I'm more then happy to give this work over too anyone of the mods that contribute to HIP as I'm a huge fan of this mod idea which I see as the community pooling it's resources together to make a good game a GREAT GAME!!

I'm currently working on a mini-mod for the Varangians in Rus (Which itself is for HIP), currently using the Varangian culture list from the big culture list on this forums (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...w-Cultures&p=13920985&viewfull=1#post13920985) to get my names and I just made up some dynasty for them (using historical references from the net :blush:).

I have also given them a new religion which I have just called Norraennar(meant to be "Norrænnar" but the "æ" kept coming out funny) which is "Norse" in Icelandic (closet modern day language to Old Norse which I know off) which allows them to use boats to raid, also gave them so holy sites which are just the four Russian kingdom capitals and one over in Sweden to represent their "Swedish" Ancestory (yes I know not every single Varangian ancestor were from Sweden but a fair majority were to most sources I read), the religion is semi-historical (not the name of course) as Perun and Thor are very similar and one wouldn't be wrong to assume a Varangian wouldn't see the connections (Yes I know poor I'm standing on weak foundations here but games limitations are game limitations)

I was going to make some events which would have Novgorod(Guadriki) expand into Kiev and then from there flip to Russian then too Orthodox (all via set date/conditional decisions and events) but I didn't want to get a head of myself as well it would be a lot of upkeep as it does require to edit the "landed_titles" file due to the Varangian names having to be placed *so you don't see Novgorod instead of Guadriki*.

I'm more then happy to give this work over too anyone of the mods that contribute to HIP as I'm a huge fan of this mod idea which I see as the community pooling it's resources together to make a good game a GREAT GAME!!

It sounds like it is a bit outside the scope of SWMH, but if you can either make it compatible with the HIP modules or convince either the PB or the VIET team to integrate it, it would be great.

It sounds like it is a bit outside the scope of SWMH, but if you can either make it compatible with the HIP modules or convince either the PB or the VIET team to integrate it, it would be great.

Your right with religion part of thing but not the culture, hmm good idea as well hopefully a member of either of those teams are checking this forums lol

Sounds more like VIET Immersion's scope than PB's.

Thanks, I will refer to this thread if I have any suggestions or comments.

Yep, I had similar idea. Base West Slavic culture and then culture change events:

- to Moravian if Great Moravia survives (beyond the historical times?)
- to Polish if independent Kingdom of Poland is created (and Poland converted?)
- to Bohemian if independent Kingdom of Bohemia is created (and Bohemia converted?)
- to Wendish if independent Kingdom of Pommerania/Wends is created OR if Polish and Bohemian cultures already appeared.

This seems like the way to go, for sure, though I don't know if it'd be a good idea to make them as rigid. Perhaps it could be partially based on region, in addition to realm, to prevent shenanigans stopping things?

We'd probably also want to have a few extra cultures, maybe made as melting pots with certain other cultures? The Norse conquering land there, or the Germans, for example. Given "Wend" is an umbrella term, Sorb/Lusiatian, Silesian, and Pommeranian seem more appropriate for the area.

On a similar note, I don't think Great Moravia existing as a dejure Kingdom is really historical. It had only been there, as of 867, some 37 - 47 years. Maybe if Great Moravia does well it can have an even to define its dejure territory, based on what it still has? To this end, perhaps the Kingdoms of Poland, Pommerania and Bohemia could be lumped into an uncreateable filler kingdom, with similar events to create them dynamically based on where West Slavic breaks up?

Is there a chance Władysław I Herman (764) could get infirm trait changed to maimed or something else? As it is, he is very likely to become incapable withing several years of 1066 and die not soon later, while in OTL he lived until 1102.

Reactions:
Is there a chance Władysław I Herman (764) could get infirm trait changed to maimed or something else? As it is, he is very likely to become incapable withing several years of 1066 and die not soon later, while in OTL he lived until 1102.

Yeah, I've brought this up before. I don't even know why he has the infirm trait.

Yeah, I've brought this up before. I don't even know why he has the infirm trait.

I usually leave these questions up to others on the team, but y'know, I've been hearing this complaint regarding this character for literally several years, and nobody has done anything about it. Ergo, I'll go ahead and look into giving him a more apt trait or base health effect than simply `infirm`, which does indeed very deterministically always result in this starting character having an off-base in-game outcome very fast.

[ That thing's a problem w/ vanilla too, BTW. ]

EDIT: Addressed this in both SWMH and EMF+Vanilla character history; I decided to give him the "Frail" trait rather than "Infirm" -- about the best I can do and still represent his condition.

Last edited:
Reactions:
If the illness effected his legs, might "weak" be the way to go. That way he'll have health effects and suffer from disease easier but won't go to Incapable.

If the illness effected his legs, might "weak" be the way to go. That way he'll have health effects and suffer from disease easier but won't go to Incapable.

He shouldn't even really have poor health since historically he had a pretty long reign. He was 58 when he died. He had something wrong with his legs, but that's about it. The real problem with him is that he was a pretty weak ruler.

Reactions:
He shouldn't even really have poor health since historically he had a pretty long reign. He was 58 when he died. He had something wrong with his legs, but that's about it. The real problem with him is that he was a pretty weak ruler.

I think that he did suffer from a pretty bad illness at one point and was cured "miraculously", that's if I remember correctly. Weak is used for Ivar the Boneless, which is why I figure it could work here. Handicap him in combat etc, but don't leave him prone to becoming incapable.

Reactions:
What is the reasoning for having d_prussia in k_lithuania? It really looks ugly on the map.

Considering the region was a contested area for a long time, wouldn't it make sense to have d_prussia and d_pomerelia in an unformable (?) k_prussia? That way, it could just be assimilated to whichever kingdom holds it long enough.