• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I’m looking forward to this. A wonderful mod that can be converted to EUIV and continued.

A significant amount of the map needs re-doing. My process is to work one EU4 region at a time, with all these open:
  1. EU4
  2. CK2
  3. screenshot of CK2, onto which i draw the EU4 borders (and rivers if they help) - this is in the .pdn files here (paint.net)https://github.com/TheMarmottin/Converter/tree/master/sources/province_maps
    1. i take this screenshot with a hip submod of mine that renames provinces to their county id, and also with shattered world so those names are visible zoomed out
  4. browser, searching for reference maps to help me in some cases when CK2 or EU4 are odd
Once I get the borders right on my screenshot, I open up my script-maintained province_table file, and for each EU4 province, I enter in mappings for all the ck2 counties overlapping it. i duplicate some mappings to account for differences in area or importance, or simply for tie breakers.

There's also compatching of other files to do, but that takes much less time.

if someone were to update some of my pdn files for the ones where SWMH hasn't changed (persia, caucasus, anatolia, arabia, egypt, british isles, france, burgundy, netherlands, and soon india), just drawing the new EU4 borders in a separate layer, that would be a step forward.

Changes to swmh map (hre, poland, tibet) need new screenshots but i'll eventually get to that.

I gave it a shot at updating the .pdn file for France. I feel the mapping is pretty close, but its my first go at this sort of thing. I just really enjoy the Converter and want to help out as much as possible with my limited skill set.

Attachments

• france2.rar
    8,9 MB · Views: 18
Hello, I'm using this converted from CK2 2.8.2 to EU4 1.23.1 . It works fine so far but I have several questions.

* Government rank so far I see never match CK2. Everyone becomes kingdom (or dukes) even Byzantium. Is it intended?
* I am playing as Granada and already create Empire of Isbaniyya in HIP but when I convert it just become an Al-Ahmaris kingdom with random ideas. I don't even have "restore Andalus" decision eventhough I'm sure I have all requirements. Do you know what might happened?

That's all so far. Thank you for responding.

To be honest, conversion from HIP onto EU4 basically playable without any submods

There are some problems like missing cultures and religions, which can be fixed tho
Well yea I guess but I really did look forward to using SWMH. That map is SO MUCH better than the vanilla map, and it’d be nice to play a mega campaign on there

I suppose that circumstance has led to the death of this mod?

Check out the CK2 -> EU4 Converter thread, and download the beta (currently Este).

Thanks to @Zemurin I was able to integrate SWMH (and consequently EMF) into their converter project. While SWMH is still in beta, the map, cultures, and EMF religions translate into EU4 nicely.

So no more having to settle for the vanilla map just to play a megacampaign!

• 4Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Check out the CK2 -> EU4 Converter thread, and download the beta (currently Este).

Thanks to @Zemurin I was able to integrate SWMH (and consequently EMF) into their converter project. While SWMH is still in beta, the map, cultures, and EMF religions translate into EU4 nicely.

So no more having to settle for the vanilla map just to play a megacampaign!
I cannot express enough how thankful I am)