• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a full map of Poland and it's not pretty name-wise. Will superimpose this with an actual map and work from the CK2 SWMH holdings' list up. I will aim to re-use its source material rather than start from PDS' sometimes absurd selection of names. Lower Silesia is based on actual historic duchies, but the counties names instead of being taken from those duchies' capitals have been replaced by mostly 19th century German administration units and counts of lower level than the dukes. Painful to look at really.
Anyway, I have an OK vector counties map, if anybody needs it.
Names in white are taken from the official materials. The green ones are deduced, e.g. from the duchy name, if it's an actual settlement. The orange ones are pure guesses.

Attachments

• CK3countiesA-02-01.png
    CK3countiesA-02-01.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
@theKing1988 Do you decide the number of empty holdings in 1066 and 867 based on sources from 1492? For example, assuming your sources decide that a random county has 5 holdings, only 3 of those were built from 1110 to 1492, so this county in the 1066 bookmark would only have 2 holdings and 3 empty ones?

@theKing1988 Do you decide the number of empty holdings in 1066 and 867 based on sources from 1492? For example, assuming your sources decide that a random county has 5 holdings, only 3 of those were built from 1110 to 1492, so this county in the 1066 bookmark would only have 2 holdings and 3 empty ones?

No, i have a vague definition of prosperity for given regions and provinces i strive to fulfill. And besides, baronies needs to at least have longevity or special significance, for them to really get consideration. But its not an exact formula, its up for discussion for sure, why i haven't added some. while i've added others.

But 867-1250 definetely has priority over 1250-1492. But if i have to use 1250-1492 to get a workable setup, then i have no reservations about doing it

Last edited:
Eventually all of them. I dont want to throw the years worth of work i have done in CK2 out of the window. That would make me sad :D
I don't know why there will be no William the Conqueror bookmark at the launch of the CK3, because that way the only way to play with an English lord, is to start with the king, or with one of the Norman lords, or with some Saxon lord, and pray for William wins the war and you can convert later.

I don't know why there will be no William the Conqueror bookmark at the launch of the CK3, because that way the only way to play with an English lord, is to start with the king, or with one of the Norman lords, or with some Saxon lord, and pray for William wins the war and you can convert later.
Maybe the bookmark will be just after his conquest artificially pushed a few months back in time?

Well, you have me to rely on. I will offer you your ability to play a Norman Lord in England

• 3Like
Reactions:
Trebizond
Castles in Blue, Cities in Yellow, Temples in Green, Possible Province Splits in Orange and in Red

Trebizond

I think for the time being, i would say that our CK2 setup for Trebizond should remain unchanged. And yes, the Southern Coast of the Crimea should definetely not just be 1 province, like it is planned to be in CK3. I will do my utmost to maintain the 3 provinces here and Kerch.

Rizaion: Rizaion, Atina, Hamamashen

Trapezous: Trebizond/Trapezous, Ophioun, Machka, Vazelon, Koralla, Kharton, Tzanikha

Chaldia/Kerasous: Kerasous, Kotyora, Polemonion, Oinoe, Tripolis

Theodosia: Sougdaia/Suqdak, Kaphas/Theodosia, Alouston, Parthenoi

Theodoro: Phonos, Doros/Theodoro, Kalamita

Cherson: Kherson, Yamboli/Balaklava, Yalta/Gialita, Foros/Pharos, Gurzuf/Gorzovium

Amaseia: Amaseia, Sebastopolis, Zela, Ibora, Komana

Amisos: Amisos Citadel, Amisos, Paurai

Sinope: Sinope Citadel, Sinope, Zaliche

Eukhaita: Asklepios, Eukhaita, Andrapa

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Candia and Cyprus
Castles in Blue, Cities in Yellow, Temples in Green. Possible Province Splits in Orange and in Red

Candia and Cyprus

The Big question for Crete and Cyprus is really whether to use the Latin period to add Baronies and possibly Provinces as well, and then having several of them be unconstructed from the start or if you restrict the setup by focusing mainly on the early startdates. In which case Crete will certainly not get above, the 2 provinces it has now and Cyprus wont get above 3. It would probably make the experience of starting on the islands or even taking the islands by conquest more enjoyable, that they don't seem so barren.

Famagusta: Kantara, Ammokhostos/Famagusta, Konstanteia/Salamis, Karpasos Possible Additional Baronies: Gastria

Nicosia: Saint Hilarion Castle, Nikosia, Stavrovouni, Larnaca, Kyrenia, Lapithos, Buffavento Possible Additional Baronies: Koutsovendis, Machairas, Akaki, Bellapais, Nikosia Citadel Possible Province Splits: Kyrenia - Nicosia

Limisol: Paphos, Limassol/Lemesos, Soloi/Solia, Kolossi, Kykkos, Arsinoe Possible Additional Baronies: Saranta Kolones

Chandax: Iraklion/Megalokastron, Ierapetra, Sitia, Chersonissos, Palaiokastron Sitia, Agios Nikolaos, Palaiokastron Iraklio, Temenos Possible Province Splits: Sitia/Canareggio - Chandax/Chandia

Kaneia: Chania, Rethymno, Kissamos,
Lampa

POSSIBLE NEW PROVINCES:

Sitia/Canareggio:
Sitia (Chandax), Ierapetra (Chandax), Palaiokastron Sitia (Chandax), Agios Nikolaos (Chandax)

Kyrenia:
Saint Hilarion Castle (Nicosia), Kyrenia (Nicosia), Buffavento (Nicosia), Koutsovendis (Nicosia), Lapithos (Nicosia), Bellapais (Nicosia)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Nikaea
Castles in Blue, Cities in Yellow, Temples in Green - Possible Province Splits in Orange and in Red

The Meander Valley and the sorrounding areas definetely seems like a priority to me. Phokaea would also help portray the border between the Aydinids and the Saruhanids more accurately. And by separating Laodikeia from both the Meander and Tabai, i would be able to portray the Inanjid Beylik that was a vassal of the Germiyanids, and controlled the area between 1261-1368. So i would say that i consider all 3, to be a priority actually

Nikaea:

Paphlagonia: Kastamonu, Dadybra, Pompeiopolis

Amastris: Amastris, Ionopolis, Parthenios, Kotyron

Gangra: Gangra, Tosya/Dokeia

Herakleia: Herakleia, Tion, Prousias

Vithynion: Modrene, Flaviopolis/Krateia, Klaudiopolis Possible Additional Baronies: Adrianopolis

Ankyra: Ankyra, Anastasiopolis, Iuliopolis/Basilaion Possible Additional Baronies: Balbadona, Akarbous, Hagios Agapetos

Adramyttion: Adramyttion, Pergamon, Antandros, Pitane

Smyrna: Smyrna, Nymphaion, Phokaia, Magnesia, Erythrai, Neaphokaia, Neonteichos, Klazomeanai, Tios Possible Province Splits: Phokaia - Smyrna

Ephesos: Ephesos, Miletos, Lebedos, Tralleis, Melanoudion, Herakleia Latmos, Priene Sampson

Laodikeia: Chonai, Laodikeia, Kibyra, Tabai, Antioch on the Meander, Stauropolis, Attouda, Harpasa Possible Province Splits: Maiander - Laodikeia - Tabai

Philadelpheia: Sardeis, Philadelpheia, Pyrgion, Tripolis on the Meander, Nysa, Thyraia Possible Additional Baronies: Hypaipa, Koula

Thyateira: Thyateira, Khliara, Kalamos Possible Additional Baronies: Plateia Petra

Nikaea: Malagina, Nikaea, Basilinopolis, Pylai, Kios, Leukai, Angelokomis

Prusa: Lopadion, Prusa, Miletopolis, Apameia, Apollonia, Adrianoi

Akhyraous: Poimanenos, Akhyraous, Synaos, Pegadia, Lentiana, Adrianeia

Sangarios: Kibaia, Thebasion, Bilekomis Possible Additional Baronies: Pithekas

Dorylaion: Dorylaion, Kotyaion, Nakoleia, Midaion Possible Additional Baronies: Santabaris

Nikomedia: Nikomedeia, Prainetos, Daphnousia, Kibotos, Tarsia, Niketiata, Charax

Chrysopolis: Chrysopolis, Chalkedon, Hieria, Kartalimen

Lykia: Myra, Telmissos/Makri, Patara, Phaselis Possible Additional Baronies: Talamani/Dalaman

Mylasa: Halikarnassos, Mylasa, Knidos, Strobilos

Attaleia: Attaleia, Kalonoros, Alara, Syllaion, Aspendos, Perge, Side Possible Additional Baronies: Isinda

Rhodos: Rhodos, Kos, Lindos, Karpathos

POSSIBLE NEW PROVINCES:

Phokaia: Phokaia
(Smyrna), Neaphokaia (Smyrna), Neonteichos (Smyrna), Magnesia (Smyrna)

Maiander: Nysa (Philadelpheia), Antioch on the Meander (Laodikeia), Harpasa (Laodikeia), Stauropolis (Laodikeia), Tripolis on the Meander (Laodikeia)

Tabai: Tabai (Laodikeia), Kibyra (Laodikeia)

Last edited:
Sneak peek for those interested:
mapping all the Kingdoms of Poland and Wendland, Duchies of Meissen and Magdeburg de jure baronies to a real world map. All but a six have Western Slavic names. Five more counties to go! Once I', done, I shall publish the names list and am looking forward to some input especially in regard to Polabian toponyms. Looking at @ShinsukeNakamura
1591347381344.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Sneak peek for those interested:
mapping all the Kingdoms of Poland and Wendland, Duchies of Meissen and Magdeburg de jure baronies to a real world map. All but a six have Western Slavic names. Five more counties to go! Once I', done, I shall publish the names list and am looking forward to some input especially in regard to Polabian toponyms. Looking at @ShinsukeNakamura
View attachment 585471
PM me, I have many fancy books about Polabian and Pomaranian :)

Reactions:
Yemen
Castles in Blue, Cities in Yellow, Temples in Green - Possible Province Splits in Orange and in Red

In general i like the setup, that has been displayed by the released screenies a lot. It is fairly similar to our setup in CK2, so how could i not. Obviously both i and the person in charge at Paradox have taken a look in "An Historical Atlas of Islam". I would remove a couple of provinces in Hadramawt/Mahra/Jawf, and keep Shibam that we have added in CK2 to the Yemeni Highlands. Wabar, Al Asa and Ahqaf, is a bit overkill. They are gonna be starved for baronies, if they even have a period appropriate barony. So overall i would add 1 province to Yemen compared to what we have in SWMH in CK2, but i would remove 2 provinces compared to what Vanilla CK3 has

Yemen:

Zabid/Al-Ma'afir: Zabid Citadel, Zabid, Mahjam, Mocha/Mukha Possible Additional Baronies: Mawza, Ghalafiqa

Tihama of Yemen: Jizan, Kamaran, Harad

Aden/Abyan/Mandab: Sira Castle, Aden, Lahij/Lahej, Khadra, Zinjibar Possible Additional Baronies: Musaymir

Sana'a: Sanaa Citadel/Al-Qasr, Sanaa, Dhamar, Rada'a, Zafar Possible Additional Baronies: al-Rayda, Khaywan Baronies could be moved: Rada'a (Ta'izz), Zafar (Ta'izz)

Sa'dah/Najran: Sadah, Najran, Huth Baronies could be moved: Huth (Sana'a)

Al-Jawf of Yemen: Marib, Bayhan, Baraqish, Harib, Ma'in Possible Additional Baronies: Hisn al-Abr

Shibam/Kawkaban: Shibam, Thula Possible Additional Baronies: Hajja

Ta'izz: Jibla, Taizz, Ibb, Janad, Yarim

Hadramawt: Shibam, Tarim, Seiyun Possible Additional Baronies: al-Qatn/al-Qutn, Inat/Aynat, Thamud

Dhofar: Salalah/Dhofar, Raysut, Mirbat

Dathina: Ahwan/Ahwar, Lawdar Possible Additional Baronies: Shaqra/Shuqrah, Azzan, Nisab Baronies could be moved: Lawdar (Ta'izz)

Mahra: Shihr Possible Additional Baronies: Balhaf, Mukalla

Kinda/Kinda Sakun: Hurayda, Khurayba

Socotra: Qualnsiyah, Tamrida

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Oman
Castles in Blue, Cities in Yellow, Temples in Green

In general i like the setup in Oman too, although i feel like the provinces needs polish. And just like with Yemen, Oman looks a lot like our Oman in CK2, with the exception of Dhahira as shown on the screenies released. I feel like the inclusion of Dhahira is a bit overkill, so i will remove Dhahira and restore our CK2 setup in CK3

Oman:

Dhu Zabi/Julfar: Julfar, Tawam

Suhar: Suhar Castle, Suhar, Dibba, Khor Fakkan

Muscat: Dama Muscat, Qalhat, Sur, Qurayat, Muscat

Duqm: Duqm

Nizwa: Nizwa Castle, Nizwa, Bahla, Rustaq, Nakhal, Izki

Last edited:
Reactions:
Achaea/Morea
Castles in Blue, Cities in Yellow, Temples in Green - Possible Province Splits in Orange, Grey and in Red

There is plenty of Latin Baronies and Lordships that are still unused in our CK2 setup, that could be introduced.

For Achaea itself, Arcadia and Methone is a bit difficult to split properly, so even though there is plenty of titles there and there is split control over Methone (Venice holds the south, even after the Byzantine reconquest of the north). Elis, Argolis and Mystras is basically the max workable setup for Achaea, but lets see how far i'm going

For Euboia, i have outlined how portraying the Triarchy, could actually work, its by no means certain i'm gonna go through with it, but it is possible.

For the time being, i'm thinking disregarding the Marquisate of Bodonitsa

Achaea/Morea:

Thebai: Thebes/Thebai, Amfissa/Salona, Levadeia, Bodonitsa/Vodonitsa, Koroneia Possible Additional Baronies: Livadostro/Libadostron, Talandi/Atalanti Possible Province Splits: Salona - Thebai - The Latin Lordship of Thebes, The Italian Marquisate of Bodonitsa

Euboia: Chalkis/Euripos, Karystos, Oreoi/Oreos, Armena Possible Additional Baronies: Aulon, Porthmos, Karystos Castle/Castello Rosso, Oreoi Castle Possible Province Splits: Karystos - Oreos - Chalkis - The Italian Triarchy of Chalkis

Atheniai: Akropolis of Athens, Athens, Oropos, Megara Possible Additional Baronies: Daphni - The Duchy of Athens

Achaia: Patras, Vostitza, Chalandritza, Andravida, Glarentza, Khlemoutsi Possible Additional Baronies: Pontikokastron, Kalavryta Possible Province Splits: Elis - Achaia - The Latin Baronies of Patras, Vostitza, Chalandritza and Kalavryta

Korinthos: Akrokorinthos, Korinthos, Aegina, Polyphengos, Akronauplion, Nauplion, Argos, Damala, Hydra Possible Province Splits: Argolis - Korinthos

Methone: Kalamata, Modon/Methone, Coron/Korone, Arkadia, Androusa Possible Additional Baronies: Gritsena - The Latin Baronies of Kalamata and Gritsena

Monemvasia: Monemvasia, Lacedaimonia, Elos, Geraki, Mystras, Passava(s) Possible Additional Baronies: Bardounia, Kythira, Molaoi, Grande Magne/Mani Possible Province Splits: Mystras - Monemvasia - The Latin Barony of Geraki

Arcadia: Nikli, Veligosti, Akova, Karytaina, Tripolitsa Possible Additional Baronies: Argyrokastron - The Latin Baronies of Nikli, Akova and Karytaina

POSSIBLE NEW PROVINCES:

Elis: Khlemoutsi (Achaea), Andravida (Achaea), Glarentza (Achaea), Pontikokastron (Achaea) - The Latin Barony of Andravida

Mystras: Mystras (Monemvasia), Lacedaimonia (Monemvasia), Bardounia (Monemvasia), Passavas (Monemvasia) Grande Magne/Mani (Monemvasia) - The Latin Barony of Passavas

Argolis: Akronauplion (Korinthos), Nauplion (Korinthos), Argos (Korinthos), Damala (Korinthos), Hydra (Korinthos) - The Latin Lordship of Argos and Nauplion, The Latin Barony of Damala

Salona: Amfissa/Salona (Thebai), Galaxeidion (Hellas/Naupaktos), Lidorikion (Hellas/Naupaktos), Vitrinitsa (Hellas/Naupaktos) - The Latin Lordship of Salona

Karystos: Karystos Castle/Castello Rosso (Euboia), Karystos (Euboia), Armena (Euboia) - The Italian Triarchy of Karystos

Oreos: Oreoi Castle (Euboia), Oreoi (Euboia) - The Italian Triarchy of Oreos

Last edited:
Reactions:
OK, I have tried to find a suitable translation for all the holdings in K. of Poland, K. of Wendland and D. of Meissen.
Here is a list of all the baronies of K. of Poland, K. of Wendland and D. of Meissen super-imposed onto the real world map:

K. of Poland have all got Polish names, which I believe is rather self-explanatory.
K. of Wendland is trickier. If a Polabian name was easily available, I've included it. However, as research in that dead language without a literary tradition is prohibitively time consuming, in most cases I've chosen a reconstructed or historically used Polish name as the closest related second choice. I am not familiar with Czech exonyms and I believe that they would be quite useful for the Sachsen-Anhalt region. If there's any forumite in the know of the matter, please let me know.
D. of Meissen is the most difficult, as it was conquered by the HRE first and in most cases the SWMH baronies represent German settlements with no clear Slavic predecessor. This is opposite to the situation in the North, where most of the settlements do have a Polabian predecessor.
Anyway, please feel free to comment and improve, wherever possible, the list I include below:
Code:
k_wendland = {

d_lubusz = {

c_lubusz = { # Küstrin (430) # Kostrzyn

polish = "Cozsterine"

b_kostrzyn = {Kostrzyń

polish = "Cozsterine"

}

b_lubusz = {polish = "Lubusz"}

b_frankfurt_oder = {Zliwicz

polish = "Zliviecz"

}

b_torzym = {polish = "Torzym"}

b_osno_lubuskie = {Ośno Lubuskie

polish = "Osno"

}

b_slonsk = {Słońsk

polish = "Slonsk"

}

b_selchow = {Żelechowo}

}

c_santok = { # Santok (1302)

polish = "Santok"

b_santok = {polish = "Santok"}

b_usch = {Ujście

polish = "Ujscie"

}

b_paradies = {Gościkowo

polish = "Paradyz" wrong!

}

b_wielen = {Wieleń

polish = "Wielen"

}

b_landsberg_oder = {Gorzów Wielkopolski

polish = "Krzyz"

}

b_woldenberg = {Dobiegniew

polish = "Dobigniew"

}

b_pila = {Piła}

}

c_neumark = { # Neumark (1303)

polish = "Cedynia"

b_zehden = {polish = "Cedynia"}

b_konigsbergneumark = {polish = "Chojna"}

b_reetz = {Rzeczyca}

b_soldin = {polish = "Myslibórz"}

b_arnswalde = {polish = "Choszczno"}

b_marwitz = {Marwice}

b_dramburg = {polish = "Drawsko"}

}

}

d_pomerelia = {

c_danzig = { # Gdansk (368)

polish = "Gdansk"

b_starogardgdansk = {Starogard Gdański}

b_gdansk = {Gdańsk}

b_oliva = {Oliwa}

b_lubiszewo = {Lubiszewo

pommeranian = "Lubiszéwò" }

b_danlauenburg = {Lębork}

b_puck = {Puck}

b_jatzkow = {Jackowo}

}

c_swiecie = { # Swiecie (1301)

polish = "Swiecie"

b_schwetz = {Świecie}

b_tuchel = {Tuchola}

b_chojnice = {Chojnice}

b_schlochau = {Człuchów}

b_brusy = {Brusy}

b_wobeser = {Objezierze}

b_koscierzyna = {Kościerzyna}

}

}

d_pomerania = {

c_stettin = { # Stettin (366)

polish = "Szczecin"

b_dabie = {Dąbie

polish = "Dabie"

}

b_stettin = {polish = "Szczecin"}

b_kolbatz = {Kołbacz

polish = "Kolbacz"

}

b_groswin = {Groźwin

polish = "Grozswina"

}

b_anklam = {Taglim

polish = "Tanchlim"

}

b_pyritz = {polish = "Pyrzyce"}

b_pasewalk = {polish = "Pozdawilk"}

b_stargard_pommern = {Stargard

polish = "Starogród"

}

b_wussow = {completely different area in Pomerelia

polish = "Osowo"

}

}

c_belgard = { # Belgard (1313)

polish = "Bialogard"

b_belgard = {Białogard

polish = "Bialogard"

}

b_colberg = {Kołobrzeg

polish = "Kolobrzeg"

}

b_kozalin = {polish = "Koszalin"}

b_tempelburg = {polish = "Czaplinek"}

b_bonin = {Bonin}

b_barwalde = {polish = "Barwice"}

b_polanow = {Polanów

polish = "Polanow"

}

}

c_slupsk = { # Stolp (367) # Schlawe-Stolp

polish = "Slupsk-Slawno"

b_slawno = {Sławno

polish = "Slawno"

}

b_slupsk = {Słupsk

polish = "Slupsk"

}

b_buckow = {

polish = "Bukowo"

}

b_drosedow = {

polish = "Drozdowo"

}

b_darlowo = {

polish = "Darlowo"

}

b_zitzewitz = {polish = "Sycewice"}

b_sianow = {polish = "Sianów"}

}

c_wolgast = { # Wolgast (308)

Ołogoszcz

polish = "Wologoszcz"

b_wolgast = {

polish = "Wologoszcz"

}

b_wollin = {Wolin

polish = "Wolyn"

}

b_kammin = {Kamień Pomorski

polish = "Kamien"

}

b_naugard = {polish = "Nowogard"}

b_grobe = {Grąbin

polish = "Grobi"

}

b_szvuine = {Świnoujście

polish = "Szvuine"

}

b_treptow = {polish = "Trzebiatów"}

}

c_gutzkow = { # Gützkow (1028)

polish = "Chocków"

b_gutzkow = {polish = "Chocków"}

b_demmin = {polish = "Dymin"}

b_stolpe = {Słup

polish = "Slupie"

}

b_loitz = {Łozica

polish = "Losice"

}

b_greifswald = {Gryfia

polish = "Grypswold"

}

b_jarmen = {polish = "Jaromin"}

b_kemnitz = {Kamienica

polish = "Kaminicez"

}

}

}

d_weligard = {

c_mecklemburg = { # Mecklemburg (260)

b_mecklemburg = {Weligard}

b_sternberg = {Gwiazdów

polish = "Radgosc"}

b_butzow = {polish = "Budziszów"}

b_wismar = {polish = "Wyszomierz"}

b_parchim = {Parchem}

b_pressentin = {Przecieszyn}

b_weltzien = {Wilczyn}

b_rerik = {Grodziec Stary

polish = "Rerik"

}

}

c_rostock = { # Rostock (306)

polish = "Roztok"

b_kessin = {Kicin, Chyżyn

polish = "Kcyn"

}

b_rostock = {polish = "Roztok"}

b_doberan = {Dobrzan

polish = "Dobran"

}

b_ribnitz = {polish = "Rybnica"}

b_kalen = {Kaleń}

b_linstow = {Linistaw}

b_kropelin = {Kroplin}

}

c_werle = { # Werle (307)

polish = "Orle"

b_werle = {    polish = "Orle"}

b_waren = {    polish = "Warzno"}

b_dargunabbey = {Dargun, (Droguń)}

b_gustrow = {Ostrów}

b_land_stargard = {Starogród

polish = "Stargart"

}

b_bellin_werle = {Bielnik}

b_gentzkow = {Jęczków}

}

c_schwerin = { # Schwerin (951)

Skwierzyn

polish = "Zwierzyn"

bohemian = "Zverzín"

pommeranian = "Zuarin"

slovieni = "Zvierzín"

croatian = "Zuarin"

bosnian = "Zuarin"

serbian = "Zuarin"

carantanian = "Zuarin"

bulgarian = "Zuarin"

russian = "Zuarin"

b_crivitz = {Krzywice}

b_boizenburg = {Byczyna

polish = "Bojgrad"

bohemian = "Bojhrad"

pommeranian = "Bojgrad"

slovieni = "Bojhrad"

croatian = "Bojgrad"

bosnian = "Bojgrad"

serbian = "Bojgrad"

carantanian = "Bojgrad"

bulgarian = "Bojgrad"

russian = "Bojgrad"

}

b_schwerin = {Skwierzyn

polish = "Zwierzyn"

bohemian = "Zverzín"

pommeranian = "Zuarin"

slovieni = "Zvierzín"

croatian = "Zuarin"

bosnian = "Zuarin"

serbian = "Zuarin"

carantanian = "Zuarin"

bulgarian = "Zuarin"

russian = "Zuarin"

name_tier = count

}

b_wittenburg = {Białogród}

b_neustadt_glewe = {Głowa}

b_zarrentin = {Czarnocin}

b_lehsen = {Lisiny}

}

}

d_rugia = {

c_rugen = { # Rügen (304)

polish = "Rugia"

b_rugard = {polish = "Rugard"}

b_charenza = {Karnice

polish = "Korenitza"

}

b_arkona = {Arkona}

b_putbus = {Podbórz}

b_bergen_auf_rugen = {Góra

polish = "Gora"

}

b_krakewitz = {Krakowice}

b_garz_rugen = {Grodnica}

}

c_barth = { # Barth (1505)

polish = "Bardo"

b_eldenaabbey = {

polish = "Eldena" other place

}

b_barth = {polish = "Bardo"}

b_stralsund = {Strzałów

polish = "Sztrela"

}

b_gristow = {Chróstów}

b_neuenkamp = {Nowopole}

b_divitz = {Dziewice}

b_lobnitz = {Lubanowice}

}

}

d_lubice = {

c_lubeck = { # Lübeck (262)

polish = "Liubice"

b_lubeck = {Lubice

polish = "Lubeka"

}

b_eutin = {Utyń

polish = "Utyn"

}

b_gosevelde = {didn't exist}

b_travemunde = {Trawyujście}

b_snykrode = {didn't exist}

b_scharbeutz = {Skarbosze

polish = "Scorbuze" wrong!

}

b_ahrensbok = {didn't exist}

b_bucu = {Bukowiec

polish = "Bucu"

}

}

c_kiel = { # Kiel (1066)

b_plon = {Płone, Płonia

polish = "Plonia"

}

b_oldenburgeast = {Starygród, Starogard

polish = "Starigrad"

}

b_preetz = {Porzecze}

b_kiel = {Kilonia}

b_segeberg = {Droguń}

b_cismar = {Siećmierz}

b_rantzau = {Rączów}

}

}

d_branibór = {

c_prignitz = { # Prignitz (982)

Przegnica

pommeranian = "Pregynica"

b_putlitz = {Podleszcze}

b_wittstock = {polish = "Wysoka"}

b_havelberg = {Hawolin, Hobolin}

b_ruppin = {Rypin}

b_perleberg = {Perłów}

b_dossow = {Doszów}

b_kyritz = {Korzyca}

}

c_brandenburg = { # Mittelmark (365)

polish = "Branibór"

b_copenick = {Kopanica}

b_brenna = {didn't exist}

b_brandenburg = {polish = "Branibór"}

b_lehnin = {didn't exist}

b_berlin = {Berlin}

b_prenzlau = {Przęcław, Przemysław}

b_quitzow = {Żuków}

}

c_altmark = { # Altmark (309)

b_salzwedel = {polabian = "Lôsdît", "Lósdy"}

b_stendal = {didn't exist}

b_marienwerder_diesdorf = {didn't exist}

b_osterburg = {didn't exist}

b_gardelegen = {didn't exist}

b_tangermunde = {didn't exist}

b_schulenburg = {didn't exist}

}

c_magdeburg = { # Magdeburg (1074)

Dziewin

b_magdeburg = {Dziewin}

b_belzig = {polabian = "Belizi"}

b_haldensleben = {polabian = "Hahaldeslewo"}

b_burg = {polabian = "Bor"}

b_jerichow = {Jerzychów}

b_stassfurtstassfurt = {Starafurt}

b_plotho = {Płoto}

}

}

d_lusatia = {

c_niederlausitz = { # Niederlausitz (1064)

Łużyce

polish = "Lužyce Dolne"

b_luckau = {Łuków

pommeranian = "Lukow" }

b_cottbus = {Chociebuż

pommeranian = "Chosebuz" }

b_dobrilugk = {Dobryług}

b_piensk = {Pieńsk}

b_finsterwalde = {Grabin}

b_lubben = {Lubin}

b_guben = {Gubin}

}

c_lausitz = { # Oberlausitz (364)

Milsko

polish = "Lužyce Gorne"

b_gorlitz = {polish = "Zgorzelec"}

b_bautzen = {polish = "Budziszyn"}

b_st_marienstern = {Maryjna Gwiazda}

b_kittlitz = {Kietlicz}

b_kamenz_lausitz = {Kamieniec}

b_hoyerswerda = {Wojerecy}

b_luban = {Lubań}

}

}

}

d_miśnia = {

c_anhalt = { # Anhalt (310)

pommeranian = "Chutizi"

b_bernburg = {didn't exist}

b_zerbst = {Czerwiszcze}

b_gernrode = {didn't exist}

b_aschersleben = {didn't exist}

b_anhalt = {didn't exist}

b_lindau_sachsen = {didn't exist}

b_barby = {Barbogi}

}

c_brehna = { # Brehna (1077)

b_wettin = {}

b_halle = {polabian = "Dobrebora"}

b_brehna = {}

b_lauterberg = {}

b_bitterfeld = {}

b_herzberg = {}

b_pretzsch = {}

}        

c_meissen = { # Meissen (312)

Miśnia

pommeranian = "Dalaminza"

b_misni = {} #what's the difference between this and b_meissen?

b_freiberg = {}

b_meissen = { name_tier = count }

b_dohna = {Donin}

b_chemnitz = {Kamienica Saska}

b_hartenstein = {}

b_dresden = {Drezno polabian = "Drježdźany"}

}

}

k_poland = {

d_seniorat = {

c_krakowskie = { # Krakow (527)

b_wawel = {Wawel}

b_krakow = {Kraków}

b_tyniec = {Tyniec}

b_lelow = {Lelów}

b_mstow = {Mstów}

b_olkusz = {Olkusz}

b_kazimierz = {Kazimierz}

b_czestochowa = {Częstochowa}

}

c_sacz = { # Sandec (532) # Sacz

b_sacz = {Sącz}

b_biecz = {Biecz}

b_szczyrzycz = {Szczyrzyc}

b_bochnia = {Bochnia}

b_nowy_targ = {Nowy Targ}

b_brzesko = {Brzesko}

b_krosno = {Krosno}

}

c_sieradzko-leczyckie = { # Sieradz (528)

b_sieradz = {Sieradz}

b_radomsko = {Radomsko}

b_wolborz = {Wolbórz}

b_warta = {Warta}

b_piotrkow = {Piotrków}

b_konin = {Konin}

b_kolo = {Koło}

}

c_leczyca = { # Leczyca (1315)

b_leczyca = {Łęczyca}

b_sulejow = {Sulejów}

b_tum = {Tum}

b_inowlodz = {Inowłódz}

b_zgierz = {Zgierz}

b_uniejow = {Uniejów}

b_przedborz = {Przedbórz}

}

}

d_wielkopolska = {

c_poznanskie = { # Poznan (431)

b_poznan = {Poznań}

b_przemet = {Przemet}

b_wschowa = {Wschowa}

b_naklo = {Nakło}

b_miedzyrzecz = {Międzyrzecz}

b_rogozno = {Rogoźno}

b_zlotow = {Złotów}

b_koscian = {Kościan}

b_skwierzyna = {Skwierzyna}

}

c_gnieznienskie = { # Gniezno (429)"

b_gniezno = {Gniezno}

b_srem_wielkopolska = {Śrem}

b_znin = {Żnin}

b_giecz = {Giecz}

b_trzemezno = {Trzemeszno}

b_pyzdry = {Pyzdry}

b_kcynia = {Kcynia}

b_gasawa = {Gąsawa}

b_biechowo = {Biechowo}

}

c_kaliskie = { # Kalisz (432)

b_kalisz = {Kalisz}

b_ladte = {Ląd}

b_wielun = {Wieluń}

b_ruda = {Ruda}

b_kepno = {Kępno}

b_ostrzeszow = {Ostrzeszów}

b_jarocin = {Jarocin}

}

}

d_mazowsze = {

c_plock = { # Plock (529)

b_plock = {Płock}

b_gostynin = {Gostynin}

b_ciechanow = {Ciechanów}

b_wyszogrod_mazovia = {Wyszogród}

b_szrensk = {Szreńsk}

b_lowicz = {Łowicz}

b_sierpc = {Sierpc}

}

c_rawamazovia = { # Rawa (1314)

b_rawa = {Rawa}

b_pultusk = {Pułtusk}

b_sochaczew = {Sochaczew}

b_wizna = {Wizna}

b_biala_rawska = {Biała Rawska}

b_lomza = {Łomża}

b_rozan = {Różan}

}

c_czersk = { # Czersk (530)

b_czersk = {Czersk}

b_grojec = {Grójec}

b_warszawa = {Warszawa}

b_liw = {Liw}

b_jazdow = {Jazdów}

b_brodno = {Bródno}

b_nur_mazovia = {Nur}

}

}

d_silesia = {

c_wroclaw = { # Wroclaw (434)

b_wroclaw = {Wrocław}

b_trzebnica = {Trzebnica}

b_brzeg_slaski = {Brzeg}

b_niemcza = {Niemcza}

b_olesnica = {Oleśnica}

b_ziebice = {Ziębice}

b_henrykow = {Henryków}

b_nysa_slaski = {Nysa}

b_sleza = {Ślęża}

b_pogorzela = {Pogorzela}

}

c_glogow = { # Glogów (435)

b_glogow = {Głogów}

b_krosno_odrzanskie = {Krosno}

b_lubiaz = {Lubiąż}

b_zagan = {Żagań}

b_gora = {Góra}

b_scinawa = {Ścinawa}

b_wolow = {Wołów}

b_wierzbna = {Wierzbna}

}

c_opole = { # Opole (433)

b_opole = {Opole}

b_olesno = {Olesno}

b_bytom = {Bytom}

b_kozle = {Kędzierzyn-Koźle}

b_strzelce_opolskie = {Strzelce Opolskie}

b_rudy = {Rudy}

b_mikolow = {Mikołów}

}

c_legnica = { # Legnica (999)

b_legnica = {Legnica}

b_jawor = {Jawor}

b_legnickie_pole = {Legnickie Pole}

b_lewowek_slaski = {Lwówek Śląski}

b_swidnica = {Świdnica}

b_lubin = {Lubin}

b_boleslawiec = {Bolesławiec}

}

c_cieszyn = { # Racibórz (526)

b_raciborz = {Racibórz}

b_cieszyn = {Cieszyn}

b_oswiecim = {Oświęcim}

b_zator = {Zator}

b_orlowa = {Orłowa}

b_zory = {Żory}

b_pzczyna = {Pszczyna}

}

}

d_sandomierszczyzna = {

c_sandomierskie = { # Sandomierz (531)

b_sandomierz = {Sandomierz}

b_radom = {Radom}

b_koprzywnica = {Koprzywnica}

b_zarnow = {Żarnów}

b_lublin = {Lublin}

b_lukow = {Łuków}

b_sieciechow = {Sieciechów}

}

c_wislica = { # Wislica (996)

b_wislica = {Wiślica}

b_kielce = {Kielce}

b_tarnow = {Tarnów}

b_wojnicz = {Wojnicz}

b_jerzejow = {Jędrzejów}

b_opatow = {Opatów}

b_malogoszcz = {Małogoszcz}

}

}

d_kujawy = {

c_chelminskie = { # Chelmno (369)

b_chelmno = {Chełmno}

b_thorn = {Toruń}

b_radzyn = {Radzyń Chełmiński}

b_michalowo = {Michałowo}

b_lobauprussia = {Nowe Miasto Lubawskie}

b_loza = {?}

b_grudziadz = {Grudziądz}

}

c_kujawy = { # Brzesc (428)

b_brzesc = {Brześć Kujawski}

b_wloclawek = {Włocławek}

b_radziejow = {Radziejów}

b_moglino = {Mogilno}

b_kowal = {Kowal}

b_strzelno = {Strzelno}

b_przedecz = {Przedecz}

}

c_inowroclaw = { # Inowroclaw (1055)

b_inowroclaw = {Inowrocław}

b_gniwekowo = {Gniewkowo}

b_kruszwica = {Kruszwica}

b_wyszogrod_bydgoszcz = {Wyszogród}

b_dobrzyn = {Dobrzyń nad Wisłą}

b_bydoszcz = {Bydgoszcz}

b_slonsk_ciechocinek = {Słońsk Górny}

}

}

}

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I am Polish and some names in my opinion are inaccurate

Zliviecz - In polish language "v" is never used. Polonized form doesn't exist and name "Zliwicz" never existed. I think the best name would be "Słubice".
Paradyż - Polonized name of "Paradis". Paradyż is a name of monastery. In my opinion correct.
Szvuine - Is Pomeranian name. "Szwie" is polonised version, used before Świnoujście.
Grypswold - I think Gryfia is more correct. Name comes from dynasty of "Gryfici"
Bojgrad - Byczyna is more correct. Name comes from place where the Bulls (pol. Byki) were pasturaged (in modern polish archaism).
Liubice - Is Polabian name. Famous medieval chronicler Jan Długosz (1415 - 1480), called Lubeck "Lubeka". Also "Bukowiec" is correct form from Slavic castle on hill "Buku" (wzgórze Buku)
Scorbuze - Scharbeutz. Polish name never existed.
Starigrad - Oldenburg. Polish name never existed..
Lužyce Dolne - Should be Lużyce Dolne
Lužyce Gorne - Should be Łużyce Gorne

Every other names are correctly. If you have any question/didn't understand something because of my bad English I will answer/explain. You are doing great work with translation.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am Polish and some names in my opinion are inaccurate

Zliviecz - In polish language "v" is never used. Polonized form doesn't exist and name "Zliwicz" never existed. I think the best name would be "Słubice".
Paradyż - Polonized name of "Paradis". Paradyż is a name of monastery. In my opinion correct.
Szvuine - Is Pomeranian name. "Szwie" is polonised version, used before Świnoujście.
Grypswold - I think Gryfia is more correct. Name comes from dynasty of "Gryfici"
Bojgrad - Byczyna is more correct. Name comes from place where the Bulls (pol. Byki) were pasturaged (in modern polish archaism).
Liubice - Is Polabian name. Famous medieval chronicler Jan Długosz (1415 - 1480), called Lubeck "Lubeka". Also "Bukowiec" is correct form from Slavic castle on hill "Buku" (wzgórze Buku)
Scorbuze - Scharbeutz. Polish name never existed.
Starigrad - Oldenburg. Polish name never existed..
Lužyce Dolne - Should be Lużyce Dolne
Lužyce Gorne - Should be Łużyce Gorne

Every other names are correctly. If you have any question/didn't understand something because of my bad English I will answer/explain. You are doing great work with translation.
Thank You very much for the review!
As You see, I have not deleted older SWMH variants.
Ad. 1 Zliwicz/Zliwitz/Zliwiz (also with "v" instead of "w") is mentioned in the documents of Henry the Bearded, but further research proves You're most likely right and Słubice is quite possibly the same place and name with much wider usage, simply not mangled by the chronicler. Słubice it is.
Ad. 2 Paradyż is a newer name of Gościkowo used from 15th century onwards as per: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gościkowo However You're right that the monastery was always Paradies/Paradyż.
Ad. 3 Very useful, Szwie it will be.
Ad. 4 I agree, Bojgard is an older SWMH translation.
Ad. 5 I am of opinion that a polonised Polabian name is closer to the original than a polonisation of a germanised Polabian name. By the 15th century the bigger towns of the area had already been thoroughly germanised. Bukowiec is a new version, Bucu is the older one to be replaced.
Ad. 6 It's a reconstructed polonised Polabian name, see p.41 sector B4 bottom centre in http://maps.mapywig.org/m/m_documen...YCH_SLOWIANSZCZYZNY_ZACHODNIEJ_ZESZYT_IIA.pdf
Ad. 7 Oldenburg in Holstein did have a Slavic name, see https://encyklopedia.pwn.pl/haslo/;3979090
Ad. 8 & 9 https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milczanie "Od początku XV wieku kraj Milczan, czyli Milsko określany jest jako Łużyce Górne " K. Jaworski: "Wczesnośredniowieczne grodziska plemienne w Sudetach" I also believe that it's a commonly used term of "Milsko i Łużyce" describing the in-game CK2 D. of Lusatia.
You definitely seem to be interested in the matter. I would really appreciate any cues on the D. of Meissen names as I have almost nothing there.

On a separate note, the b_wussow is to my best expertise, completely misplaced, as in reality it's a village in Pomerelia.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: