• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fay

Sergeant
103 Badges
Jun 18, 2007
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Impire
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Starvoid
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Gettysburg
After over one year of lurking, and reading a lot of AARs, I have decided to start out one, as well.
I will be using EUIII 1.3 on standard settings (Normal difficulty, etc.), without any mods, cheats etc. It will be played a Grand Campaign.

357_3.jpg

Now, what will make this AAR so special over others? I will tell you - I will let YOU choose the power I will play. And, to make things more interesting, I will change the nation every 30-40 years or so. Also, I will refuse to play as any major nation, however, due to the fact I'm not too experienced with everything, I won't play minors, as well. To make decisions easier, I will provide you a list of countries I'm willing to play as. The nation with the most votes will get the prize of being (ab?)used. I will set goals for myself (no WC, lol) and try to reach them in the given time. After the time is fully reached, I will again provide a list of countries I would play as.
Since I'm still learning the game's more complex mechanics, I may ask you for advice. I'm also open to every suggestion or mention of any mistakes I make.
I hope you will have fun following this AAR, and I hope I will learn a lot of things from it, considering I have to be flexible.

First nation for me to play: ALGIERS

Last edited:
Throne:
Hah, you are just as indecisive as I am.

HL.AFC:
Actually, Brittany is one of my slightly favoured nations. The only thing I fear there is its war with England (same goes for Norway with Sweden, btw) - even though I think I can handle the redcoats.

HL.AFC:
Actually, Brittany is one of my slightly favoured nations. The only thing I fear there is its war with England (same goes for Norway with Sweden, btw) - even though I think I can handle the redcoats.
Don't worry, England really won't cause problems, they concentrate on France.

HC.AFC said:
Don't worry, England really won't cause problems, they concentrate on France.

Ah, that's very good to know. I'm not too used with Europe in EUIII, but since I was able to hold England off and get Meath with an Irish minor, I think they're not THAT strong. But thanks. :)

Not sure about Galicia re-Celts, but the rest: Definitely.

My vote's for Bohemia though. Your goal could be to keep the Imperial title and try to expand the Empire as a whole.

Jan Skrzetuski, Carinthium, Mohatma:
Votes added, thanks you =)

Kami:
I do like playing as the Indian nations, and forming a strong Mughal Empire probably would turn out as my goal when playing one of the Indian powers.

Demon1:
Even so I think that England in the state of 1453 is not that fearsome. And yes, Algiers might prove to be very interesting.

Urcules:
I know that Georgia's position is very unfortunate... I guess one goal playing it would be to block the Ottomans from raising too strong.