• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chrisssj2

Private
Nov 9, 2018
Would be so great for this game. Lend itself perfectly IMO...
Switch is a great device and platform for it to be released on.

Touchscreen works great with RTS games like this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
even if unlikely i would actually enjoy playing it on the switch, some TBS action while on the Bus sounds extremely great. Even more since it is a genre missing any good titles.

Who cares if it's a later release they should port it to the switch with a definitive edition (expansions included).

If Civ 6 works fine and other similar games like Armello there should be no problem making it work.

No body is saying that it'll be as good as on PC or even as smooth as the other consoles but switch is the 'console' to have right now so long as you also game on PC.

I would love to play AoW Planetfall on my Switch. Hell AoW3 even...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Lennart answered the question regarding the possibility of a Switch version in Dev Diary 45
Can't say yet; the game has to do well enough AND we have overcome all sorts of technical hurdles. The CPU load for this game is massive with the AIs and complex auto combat calculations.

Who cares if it's a later release they should port it to the switch with a definitive edition (expansions included).

If Civ 6 works fine and other similar games like Armello there should be no problem making it work.

No body is saying that it'll be as good as on PC or even as smooth as the other consoles but switch is the 'console' to have right now so long as you also game on PC.

I would love to play AoW Planetfall on my Switch. Hell AoW3 even...
Civ 6.. witcher 3.. doom eternal lots of high demanding games on the switch. Even if they are watered down.

I once read that it's not about technical limitations, but rather the unique architecture of Switch. I think Civ 6 is very comparable to Planetfall in terms of complicated calculations. And recently also X-Com series has been ported.

TRIUMPH devs

If you're unsure about the technicalities, for instance in Poland there are many succesful companies that specilize in porting games to Switch like Crunching Koalas or Forever Entertainment. It's a good idea to jump on the Switch bandwagon, the console is really popular nowadays. Worth considering.

• 1Like
Reactions: