• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Switzerland 1912-1915: Monroe Doctrine? I think not.

In 1912 the oppressive US government had just declared war on the kind and benevolent Patriciate. While this move was not completely unexpected, the Swiss really were not prepared for such a move.

However, due to their complete dominance of the seas, all US coastal provinces were taken along with all colonies and USA was forced to the peace table:

34363948_bb1749710d_o.jpg

Right after peace the kind and benevolent Patriciate sought to prevent the buildup of forces under the evil US oppressors and thus redeclared war almost immediately. War was declared again and again. The US troops put up some valiant resistance but they were no match for the enormous Swiss Army coupled with strong naval support.

In 1915 after many, many wars, the Patriciate finally eradicated the evil Americans:

34363952_93b7dea890_o.jpg

The Patriciate then declared an end to war. It's people were prosperous and happy and no enemies faced them anywhere in the world. Finally at long last the glorious dream of the first Patricians, that of world peace and prosperity had been accomplished.

Switzerland 1915: The Final Tally

Oh what a game. I learned so much. I can think of a thousand things I could have done better that would have probably enabled me to actually conquer every single province of the whole world, but oh well. I did well enough.

Final badboy: 2937.413

A few screenshots for your viewing pleasure:

34366212_8e91d71c2e_o.jpg

White is Integral (Level 5, Highest) Rail:

34366211_8b12d182d5_o.jpg

Asian territories:

34366210_c5ebf49002_o.jpg

North America:

34366213_6a844c52e2_o.jpg

Top 20 nations. :) :

34366214_da18024654_o.jpg

And finally, the victory screen:

34366215_6f3d68202a_o.jpg

Notice the small disparity in numbers there. ^^

At this point there are about 60 other countries left worldwide. I have 0 diplomacy points at this moment and get 2.4 per year, so I will get about 11 over the course of the rest of the game. Not a complete world conquest, but pretty darn close.

So there you have it. It is possible to conquer the world with Switzerland without taking over China or Korea and without trading land for land and ripping off the AI. No exploits and no cheats used.

Just tech up, industrialize, and build up a massive military. Not too hard really. I'm sure you could do it with a lot of other countries, although Switzerland does have quite a few unique advantages.

Right now I'm playing a game as Two Sicilies and have learned that there is a _big_ difference between very hard/furious and normal/normal. Simply put, what I did here with Switzerland would not have been possible on very hard/furious.

And I can't believe some of you still doubt the wisdom and benevolence of the Patriciate. Isn't it obvious that they only have the best interests of humanity at heart?

Last edited:
Can I not change the title of the thread? Wanted to put "WC" in the title but I'm not sure if I can edit it. I didn't know when I started the thread that it was going to be a WC. Pleasant surprise I must say. :)

Can a mod change it by chance? No biggie if you can't, just would be nice. :)

Primus Inter Pa said:
Can I not change the title of the thread? Wanted to put "WC" in the title but I'm not sure if I can edit it. I didn't know when I started the thread that it was going to be a WC. Pleasant surprise I must say. :)

Can a mod change it by chance? No biggie if you can't, just would be nice. :)

try PMing a mod. they have changed the title for others, so it is reasonable to assume that they can still change titles. just tell the mod in the PM what you want the title to be...

totally killer AAR !

Title changed. Great job.

Method41 said:
When I see the world red like that I just have to shudder and remind myself that it isn't the USSR that's doing the conquering.

I know how that is. I did do a couple double takes when I saw the whole world as one big red blob and immediately thought of those damn commies. ;)

All the red makes my eyes hurt.

incredible job, though. Makes me feel bad about how poorly I've done in my AAR. :( ;)

SecondReich said:
I love that Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are great powers... :rofl:

not to mention that Haiti is ranked 10th! :eek: :rofl:

Bravo. It makes my heart glad whenever I see WC, and this is a truly spectacular example. :D