• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you don't get a decentralization hit from diplo-annexing nations in HTTT anymore?

What is this Incapable Ruler event? How do you get it? o_O

And what are your goals this time? Are you going for a WC? ^^

Good luck! :D I hope you won't get eaten by France this time. :p

*subscribed*

So you don't get a decentralization hit from diplo-annexing nations in HTTT anymore?

What is this Incapable Ruler event? How do you get it? o_O

And what are your goals this time? Are you going for a WC? ^^

Good luck! :D I hope you won't get eaten by France this time. :p

*subscribed*

For the first one, you get a decentralization hit, but since I was already at +5, I couldn't get any more.

Incapable ruler is a tribal effect: If your ruler's Adm/Dip/Mil ratings are too low (less than 6?) and your realm too large (9+ provinces), you get nasty penalties. If Adm isn't high enough, that's -33% tax, if Dip isn't high enough, then it's +3 RR everywhere, if it's military, then it's -20 BB limit.

Maybe I'll end in a WC, maybe not.

Promising moves. Is the Infamy a problem when you don't know anyone else? I wouldn't have thought so.

The COT thing is a small problem. All I'd say is check that on a regular basis or set your alerts in case the American COT stagnates and disappears. That supposes you have enough money to both build a coastal COT and benefit from it. There's no point spending the money to generate colonists if you can't afford to send them or support the colony. That cash will be better spent once you start to westernise on building forts!

1.95 ducats gain a year is not a lot...

Chapter Three: Coring the Area

May 1434 Slider move centralized.
May 1446 slider move centralized.
November 1447: New ruler!

lamochat2.jpg

Another Lamochattee. What name is that?

In 1450 I get the first cores, raising the net gain to somewhere around 8 per year.

July 1458 Slider move centralized.

With a few gifts to the state and similar money-giving events, the treasury by 1465 is 685. I can't create a CoT, though.

May 1466, new ruler:

yahata.jpg

July 1470 slider move centralized.

In 1474 we finally get our cores on the Shawnee area:

lotcores.jpg

This raises my net gain to 20. Time to build up few regiments.

July 1482 Slider move centralized.

December 1493 again a new ruler.

goodruler.jpg

He'd be perfect for westernization. Let's hope he lives long enough.

When waiting and checking around the province histories, I noticed this thing in 1496:

shantee.jpg

Colonizers are close. And during the next 10 years, I spot navies from England, Castille, Holland and Portugal. No landings spotted, though.

July 1506 slider move centralized. I now have all requirements for westernization, except the neighbor.

In October 1511, Pensacola and some other provinces start to trade to Lisboa. Treasury is 1181, so I buid a new CoT:

centerz.jpg

In January 1514, Portugal colonizes Santee:

wesrte.jpg

Soon the real fun begins...

Epic wars, epic blood baths. Creek women need to do nothing more than giving birth to brave new generations of creek soldiers (there will be needed lots of them) who will bring hope of civilization to barbaric tribes of the west.

Worst thing that could happen would be a Portugal DoW just when I'm at stability -2 and muslim :D
E: Or a 3/3/3 ruler and Portugal DoW.

Excellent! (It's a bit dull before the Latins arrive isn't it :))

Are you now able to westernise?

Subscribed.

With the CoT, don't you now gain colonists?

well i could try doing something like that ^^
how do you keep the lands without forts and small forcelimits and income?

Even if you catch up you'd probably try to avoid direct conflict, i mean your units are rubish compared to theirs.
Sure that's the case in HttT? I thought one of the changes was that all units at a given tech level were roughly equivalent.