• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tuore

Caramelised Utopian
76 Badges
Mar 16, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Island Bound
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Sweet Home Alabama
A Creek HttT AAR

This is a retry on my second ever EU3 AAR, the Creek Coast. It was played in In Nomine, but it failed because of my annexation. Now that I'm a better player, I'll try again, this time with normal settings and no lucky nations. Why, you ask?

Well, look at these sliders that Creek's got!

100years.png

It will take approximately 100 years before we get them into position for westernizing. In addition, HttT requires government level 10 for governmental reform. So it's extremely difficult. But I'll use the same starting tactic I used in my previous attempt.

The original version was influenced by some interesting AARs, like the Audacity of Hope, We Come In Peace and Out of the Desert.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

Two things before you comment:

1) Read the original AAR, linked in the start of the post

2) Listen to the song "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

A Native American AAR, awesome! :D I read the Audacity of Hope one and fully understand the difficulty associated with these factions early in the game. Best of luck in getting the Creeks off the ground!

Well the sliders aren't all bad.

Plutocracy isn't particulary good, but you don't even HAVE cav....so no problem there.
Free subjects will help you catch up in tech......eventually. :rofl:
Defensive will give some free forts and land.....well you don't need any ships.

Getting the western border will be the trickiest...as they can kill you in like 2 seconds.

good luck! You WILL need it!

This should be fun.

Or maybe not.

Well the sliders aren't all bad.

Plutocracy isn't particulary good, but you don't even HAVE cav....so no problem there.
Free subjects will help you catch up in tech......eventually. :rofl:
Defensive will give some free forts and land.....well you don't need any ships.

Getting the western border will be the trickiest...as they can kill you in like 2 seconds.

good luck! You WILL need it!

The sliders suck for westernization, I need -3 inno/narrominded (currently 0, not that bad) and -2 cent/decent. (currently +5). So I need 10 slider moves, and I can move them every 10 years. So we should have correct sliders by 1500.

Chapter One: Securing the area​

We start with a move towards Innovative. New thinkers arise, meaning new advisors, but we can't really afford any now.
We insult Cherokee, and while waiting for a diplomat, Shawnee offers alliance. This might help while destroying Cherokee.

In August 1400, we DoW Cherokee.

refue.jpg

Traitors! At least we now have a CB on them (dishonored call). We manage to conquer all of Cherokee in just two months. In the end of October, our WS is exactly 100. But there's a problem. Unlike in In Nomine, I can't annex them. We don't consider them as primitives. So we demand everything.

cedeall.jpg

One good thing in HttT is that you get paid for your advisors. Although I can't afford them, Mayas, Aztecs, Hurons and other nations buy them - and I get money!

Quickly in February 1401 we attack Shawnee.

dishonor.jpg

And in the end of May we have defeated them.
And here's the strategy: To avoid succession crisises, I'm going to vassalize Shawnee and sell them provinces so that I've got only 9 (or 8, so that we can take the last Cherokee province).

vasssalli.jpg

And there it is. Next we're going to attack Cherokee, then it's just waiting.
Our Infamy is 27.8/30. But it will lower.

creeek.jpg

And that's it for now.

Last edited:
Excellent. This will be really interesting.

I just westernized as Japan but that was obviously a bit easier. Once you do westernize does that mean your provinces will no longer be immediately annexable by european states?

Excellent. This will be really interesting.

I just westernized as Japan but that was obviously a bit easier. Once you do westernize does that mean your provinces will no longer be immediately annexable by european states?

I am a pagan country, and that means that if they get 100% WS on me, they can annex me. I'm not sure if they can seize my provinces.

Do you really get succession crisis as a tribal democracy though? I assumed it was a feature of tribal despotism and tribal federation only.

*facepalm*
You're right.

Code:
country_event = {

id = 600

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		OR = { 
			government = tribal_despotism
			government = tribal_federation
		}
		num_of_cities = 10
		NOT = { has_country_modifier = tribal_succession_crisis }
	}

title = "EVTNAME600"
	desc = "EVTDESC600"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB600A"
		random_owned = {
			pretender_rebels = 2
		}
		any_owned = {
			limit = {
				NOT = { is_core = THIS }
			}
			nationalist_rebels = 1
		}		
		add_country_modifier = {
			name = "tribal_succession_crisis"
			duration = 730
		}

}
}

Well, you learn something new every day. But I'm 100% sure it fired with democracies in IN.

The sliders suck for westernization, I need -3 inno/narrominded (currently 0, not that bad) and -2 cent/decent. (currently +5). So I need 10 slider moves, and I can move them every 10 years. So we should have correct sliders by 1500.

well i realise that, i was just pointing out you aren't as screwed as it may appear.
Also, the odds of someone colonising near you long before 1500 aren't very high.

*Subscribing* Obviously, I've sort of got an obligation to haven't I? ;)

That lack of succession crisis as a TD is interesting... I'd be very tempted to take the pain involved and just get the Shawnee provinces annexed before say 1430 so they are all cored before you get any new 'friends'. You can also build a coastal COT and start colonising the coastline - towards Mexico might prove interesting.

And remember build a fleet the biggest you can as soon as you can! Ships are the answer as a European power that can't land troops is a European power that can't annex you :)

That lack of succession crisis as a TD is interesting... I'd be very tempted to take the pain involved and just get the Shawnee provinces annexed before say 1430 so they are all cored before you get any new 'friends'. You can also build a coastal COT and start colonising the coastline - towards Mexico might prove interesting.
It will be interesting to see how the new features in HTTT affect playing as one of the NA tribes.

*Subscribing* Obviously, I've sort of got an obligation to haven't I? ;)

And remember build a fleet the biggest you can as soon as you can! Ships are the answer as a European power that can't land troops is a European power that can't annex you :)

The first attempt will make sure I'll remember that! (In case someone doesn't know, I got annexed by France when they landed on my territory; with proper navy, I could have prevented them).

And PrawnStar, if you're going to make a tribal WC, at least you know you should go with tribal democracy.

It will be interesting to see how the new features in HTTT affect playing as one of the NA tribes.

Yep, I'll post a few considerations in this update.

Chapter Two: Uniting the Area​

I'll upload the images to Photobucket, imageshack doesn't like me today.

When the truce with Cherokee ends in 1405, another war is at hand:

cherok.jpg

They were quickly outnumbered and annexed:

cherannex.jpg

Infamy is 33/30. Time to step back and let it lower so that I can diploannex Shawnee.

Talking about Shawnee, they decided to go on a little trip:

shawneetribe.jpg

November 1410 Slider move Innovative
May 1422 Slider move Innovative.
Now I've got the required Innovative. Centralization/Decentralization is still at +5, because now I won't get a decentralization hit from annexing Shawnee.

Infamy is 13. Shawnee still considers annexation as "Very Unlikely".

January 1424, a new ruler:

chattee-1.jpg

With his diplomatic 8 and Shawnee's diplomatic 3, chances are unlikely. But still I manage to annex them in July:

shawnannex.jpg

But because of the -33% tax penalty, I have to kick out my infamy reducting advisors. Now we gain 1.95 annually, with no inflation.

Now it's just waiting for the colonizers.

Key considerations:

All provinces will be cores by 1480.
We can't build a CoT anywhere because the CoT they now trade in is not worth enough. Mexico is worth 180, while it needs to be over 400.
This means we can't get colonists before westernization and a NI.

Last edited: