• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter Six: The Mexican Expedition

After capturing the colonies of Portugal, my money economic situation is struggling. I gain 5 ducats annually, but it's not enough.

In January 1535 Yucatan and neighboring regions' discoveries spread to us.

yuc.jpg

I only need to discover that sea region and then I can invade.

In August 1536 two colonies are cities; Santee and Timucua.
I colonize Seminole.

semin.jpg

And to discover that sea region, I colonize Havana in 1537:

haban.jpg

Shortly after, I discover the sea region. Time for conquest; I've got three cogs and 6,000 soldiers ready to leave:

creekag.jpg

In August 1542 when the war ends, I had totally forgot that I can't annex other Pagans as a pagan:

anexx.jpg

So I seize all their provinces except one and annex them.

silkka.jpg

March 1542 slider move Free Trade; I don't care about the sliders that much anymore, I just want to be competent with trade.

Unfortunately the remnants of Zapotec still have the other gold-producing province in Mexico. Economy is quite good, but I want that other gold province too. Infamy is a bit high, and I think I need some guidance from Prawnstar: Do you think I get DoW'd right away if I go over the limit?

Here's the Creek tech as of December 1543:

techs1543.jpg

Other nations have techs at about 16-18.

I think you have time to annex Zapotec so it might be worth letting your Infamy run down a bit. My reasoning is that the Gold province is inland so it's unlikely to attract European invaders quite yet. Perhaps you could colonise the linking provinces along the coast to keep Zapotec alive by blocking access from the coast.

Also you probably want to hit them for cash before annexing ;)

Presumably at some stage you'll be able to convert the Mexicans into good Creek Shamanists? Not entirely sure how missionary gain works in HttT but you might want to consider drifting a little more narrowminded. Neighbour bonus will take care of any tech lag even once you've caught up.

You can't annex pagans? I played around with Creek very briefly and I was able to seize pagan provinces like colonies and annex them in one war. I was playing with 4.0, so I dunno if the beta patch has changed the rules for pagan provinces. :confused:

You can't annex pagans? I played around with Creek very briefly and I was able to seize pagan provinces like colonies and annex them in one war. I was playing with 4.0, so I dunno if the beta patch has changed the rules for pagan provinces. :confused:

Could be the beta patch. But anyway you can just seize all but one province and then annex.

Thanks for this Tuore!
Looking forward to seeing who the next Europeans will be that come over to your part of the world...............once you dispose of the Portugese that is.....:D

Chapter Seven: Double Facepalm

My Infamy slowly went down, and in July 1544, after two infamy-lowering event, it was low enough to allow the war (0BB), one seizing (1BB) and annex (4BB).

baskd.jpg

And so I declare war on Zapotec.

zapkr.jpg

They were quickly defeated and Mexico seized. What makes it special, is the CoT it has.

For my disappointment I noticed that the annexation would take 8BB instead of 4.

8toomuch.jpg

I tried to demand ducats, but for some reason it was greyed out. I am sure they have got money, and it was confirmed when they offered peace in November 1544. They offered 2650 ducats. I accepted - but... wait a minute.

zappd.jpg

2346.4 prestige? All right.

But anyway, now I have lots of money, meaning that I can afford some new colonies.

In January 1455 Portugal collapsed - resulting in a similar change that Prawnstar experienced:

protugaldeps.jpg

Portugal - Tribal, Protestant despotism, with no protestant provinces.

This is for the insane peace deal and Portugal's fail:

3003232946_f412af45c9.jpg

Whatever it is, I got my prestige up to +100 and a record to the Hall of Fame.

And the Portuguese thingy, must be a bug too, right?

Said the Demoman to the bits and pieces : BLOODY BRILLIANT

Oh wait, I'm mixing genres....

Enjoying the AAR, it makes me want to write one but every time I try to start I end up being engrossed in the game too much and forget what I'm supposed to be doing.