• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cheif bearpaw

Second Lieutenant
8 Badges
Dec 30, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
So one of my favorite features in the game came with the El Dorado DLC. It's no the custom nation creator, though. While the custom nation creator is also a great feature and gives tons more replay value and also just...sheer stupidity sometimes, my actual favorite feature is the random nation setup. Because I love randomness. Great Britain being an OPM in North America? Yes please! Lucca being a prominent power in Northern India? I'll take it!

Long story short, this feature is basically what keeps me in the game and its mainly how I play it. I haven't played a vanilla game of EU4 in a while. One day I was chilling in a random world (with custom nations set up) and I decided "Hey, here's a fun idea, let's go for some achievements, and see which ones became harder or easier because of the random nation placements." And I also decided, hey, this could be fun for an AAR or two! So...that's what I'm gonna start. A series of AARs of me hunting for achievements in a random world. If this one is well received I will definitely be doing this more with other achievements when applicable (I don't think every nation tied to an achievement is present). Before we begin, a little house rules and information to provide.

- I'm not very good at the game, so this will be on normal difficulty.
- I cannot add ironman mode to this game I don't think, or I couldn't find anything allowing me to do so. That being said, do be confident in the fact I won't be savescumming.
- In turn, note that if I fail this run, the AAR will continue with my second or third run, or whatever run afterwards is immediately interesting. This isn't based off one run, it's just based off me trying to get the achievments, regardless of how many runs it takes.
- There are custom nations in this game. I'm going to try and interact with them as little as possible (specifically I will not be allying them or using them to help me) because I feel it makes the experience a bit less authentic. Depending on general thoughts during the run the rule might change, but maybe it won't ever be relevant. Who knows.
- I don't have every dlc, I think I only have around five, so a few features are missing. Sorry, I just don't have the funds.

Now, with all that out of the way, let's begin with our achievement run, Sweden is Not Overpowered. I mean, how hard can that be, really? It's Sweden, they're pretty good. Where are they, anyways? Let's find out...

20220109155155_1.jpg

...oh, huh. Okay. That makes things...a little harder. Ahem.

Welcome to Sweden! We are a three province minor, of Sunni religion, in what is western Morocco. We have a coastline, which is nice, but unfortunately 1/3rd of our land is just straight up desert. Our immediate and only neighbor is Ouchi, who are absolutely gigantic compared to little ol' Sweden here. We're going to have to see what we can do under these less than grand conditions.

So, immediately, I'm starting to see a problem with getting this achievement. Let me illustrate it for you.

20220110102502_1.jpg

You see, the Baltics are all the way up in the north, while we are all the way down in the south. The Baltic coastline is currently in Christian hands and we are currently stuck behind angry Christians in Iberia, France, Germany, and who knows where else, including a potentially angry Ouchi, who may not enjoy our existence. Hmm, this is truly a predicament...let's add more house rules! That'll help!

My house rules are simple:

- No forming new nations (as if we'd want to; Swedish ideas are good (I'm also not sure the random setup allows for me to do this))
- No switching religions, and the entire Baltic coastline must be Sunni by the end of this.
- No culture swapping, and ideally every Baltic coastline province should become Moroccan by the end of this.
- Try to have clean or at least reasonable borders by the end of it. No messes, please.

Now with that out of the way, let's get into the real meat on these bones.

20220109155328_1.jpg

This is our Swedish-Moroccan king, Zer'wal of the Zayyanid dynasty. A man who is much better at military affairs than administrative matters. He was the one who gazed upon the Baltic and decided to make it the first "Mare Nostrum of Islam". When informed that the already existing Red Sea has a very heavy Muslim presence, he demanded the informant was executed. Now people don't feel like correcting him for some reason. ...works every time.

20220109160040_1.jpg

Interesting fact, the Zayyanid dynasty doesn't have just one ruler! Seperated by Ouchi, Kiowa also has a Zayyanid on the throne. After exchanging some back and forth letters and giving him a traditional brotherly noogie, good ol' Urtilian decided to join an alliance with us. As you notice I'm currently building a spy network in Ouchi. I'm thinking about attacking them when the Iberians inevitably invade.

It's then I noticed a fun little nation up north. A OPM by the name of Konstanz. They have not very important allies, and they are very close to my Swedish-Moroccan lands. I can't exactly get a claim on them, and by the time I did they'd likely get an ally with someone more problematic, knowing this game. With that said, I decided there was only one thing to do.

20220109160826_1.jpg

Pack your bags, baby, we're going to Iberia!

While I hate the idea of declaring a no CB war, this is essentially the only method of expansion that isn't fighting a big guy who could destroy me with just a look. I don't normally dabble with no CB wars, but I'm just desperate enough to give it a try. I call Kiowa into the war, and we take up arms!

20220109160855_1.jpg
20220109161410_1.jpg

Our ruler was given direct command over the armed forces, and he was so excited that his wife immediately gave birth to a child. I don't know how that works, but I don't question it! He's actually a pretty good ruler. Being the Moroccan Swedes we are, we name the child Gustav. Gustav Zayyanid will surely lead the nation to glorious, Baltic victory!

Also as you can see in the background we are currently launching a naval invasion, while our allies are...twiddling their thumbs or something. I don't know where they are. Hindustan is currently interfering in Nupe, though, which I think means they're inadvertently helping us. What nice people! With our forces landing in Konstanz and taking care of their army, it's only a matter of time before they fall to our power.

20220109161636_1.jpg

And fall they have. With our first province into the Christian lands of Iberia conquered, I realize that I'm going to need to be careful, lest a reconquista is in our future. Also, yeah, their army wasn't protecting their province for...some reason. I have legitimately no clue where they were that entire time.

With that really strange beginning war out of the way, we take the province! I set my sights on Nupe, next. They have one province in Iberia that will be juicy for me in the long run. In the meantime, I decide to quell the people of Huelva. Raising autonomy should keep the unrest down to-

20220109161716_1.jpg

...ah. Well, that's an issue. Must be something about Swedish-Moroccans that these people really don't like, huh? Or maybe it's the fact that we're Muslim...either way, these rebels are going to be an issue for some time now, and my negative stability isn't exactly helping.

20220109161736_1.jpg

And just as we get word of scholars appearing in our lands, no doubt enticed by our great Iberian conquests, our brother/cousin/whoever in Kiowa calls us into a war. They want to eliminate Fulo, who got bullied by Nogai not many years earlier. Fulo is allied to Anilco, a OPM situated in Gibraltar, of all places. Not wanting to disrespect a blood relative, I agree to help them with their minor war. This shouldn't take long.

In the meantime, I go over to Ouchi and check on their opinion of me. I can only assume they're starting to get hostile to this little nation in their side.

20220109161854_1.jpg

Oh yes...oh yes...

20220109161900_1.jpg

Yeeeeeeesss!

We secured an ally with the big boy in town. Unfortunately, they also declared war on Fulo, meaning my relative in Kiowa doesn't get anything from this. They will also later go on to vassalize Anilco, which blocks off my expansion just a small amount, and they're allied to Nupe, which blocks off my expansion by a big amount! But, I'm willing to let it slide. I need this alliance.

20220109162010_1.jpg

As a little bonus I also ally the nation of Nogai, just in case Ouchi gets any funny ideas and thinks they should attack the little blue boi by the border. Now Ouchi would be attack by two little blue bois by the border! Bet they wouldn't be ready for that, huh? Either way I am really only getting this alliance for insurance purposes. I don't trust the AI in this game to not stab me in the back, because that's exactly what I'd do to it.

20220109162243_1.jpg

While resting on my laurels and moving my spy network to Hindustan to also gain a claim there, I realized that we have Finnish as a supported culture. I'm...really confused as to why. We're Sweden-Morroco, nowhere close to any kind of Finn. I can only assume that this is coded into Sweden at the beginning of the game. Which is just...weird. Either way, I demote that culture to make room for more cultures in the future. I am nothing if not tolerant...just not to the Finnish.

20220109162324_1.jpg

Ooooo what is this? A nice little christian island nation, just off our coast, freshly discovered with no allies? Well, don't mind if I do. Seems like we just found new means of expansion, and better yet, it's away from the pink blob that is looming over us! ...I know it's not prime real estate, but I'll take anything I can get to ensure they don't wallop me immediately.

That being said, around ten years have passed and we have had a decent start. We conquered one province, secured a good alliance and have a decent amount of expansion opportunities, though only a few of them get us closer to our goal. We're in a precarious situation, but I think we might be able to push onward. That will be for later though. Next time, certainly.

Hope you guys enjoyed! I'm rusty with AAR making but hopefully this'll be a good time for all. I hope to relish in the chaos with all of you. Ciao! :)

Attachments

• 20220109160855_1.jpg
    20220109160855_1.jpg
    606,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ooh, an interesting use of a forgotten feature! This peaks my interest. Paradox should really pay attention to this and probably have unique achievements for this feature.
I definitely think that even some minor changes to this feature could make it so much better. Like, I think just the ability to form nations would make it so much better in the long run (I've actually found a way to enable forming nations in this feature by modifying some files. I added a few of them in and it'll likely become more relevant later in the AAR). I know they basically added this mode in as an afterthought but I think they have something really good on their hands.

But, I digress. The next installment of this should be out soon-ish. Hopefully tonight

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is an interesting use of the feature. I love random worlds and custom nations - this brings me memories of my Romano-Mongols...

Best of luck!

• 1Like
Reactions:
After a brief hiatus from working on this, I am back with a new update. Let's get right into it.

20220113004054_1.jpg

While I wanted to go and attack Zazzau, I also saw that Hindustan was in a weakened state. Ternate to the north had reared its ugly head and took a bite out of the Hindis, leaving their only ally to be Kalundwe. So, of course, I want to swoop in and take a province. I got the allies to do so, so it should be fairly-

20220113004145_1.jpg

...Oh, okay. So, that won't work. It seems like Ouchi, our Muslim allies, are really fond of Hindustan, our Christian target of expansion, so they wouldn't join the war with me. So far this alliance hasn't worked out very well.

This'll become a reoccurring theme. Don't you worry.

20220113004327_1.jpg

After figuring out the "summon the diet" button exists (I forget to press it a lot), I get an option that gives me claims on Lower Andalucia. AKA, Kalundwe's lands. I actually was contemplating fighting them anyways, because Ouchi and Nogai would both join me to fight Kalundwe. The only problem is that Kalundwe has three allies, meaning that overall it would be a harder war. Despite this, I take the mission just so I can have some juicy cores and potentially strike when the time is right.

20220113004501_1.jpg

...and then Ouchi called me into the war anyways. Yeah, they apparently made a claim on Qadis while I was looking at something else, and declared war before I could get a chance to. Well, those are a lot of allies, but it should be fine. I just didn't like Ouchi calling me into a war I'm not ready for right now.

So far, really regretting Ouchi as an ally.

20220113004606_1.jpg

20220113004611_1.jpg

The war is actually going pretty well right now! With our brave ruler Zer'wal I Zayyanid at the reigns, we crush the Kalundwe forces with few losses. I think part of our success is due to the fact that the Kalundwe forces aren't wearing shirts. Makes it kind of easy to stab them. I'm not complaining, though.

20220113004827_1.jpg

Oh that's not good. While trying to siege Malaqsh, their forces came back for round 2, and they won this time, sort of sending our armies into like, twenty different directions. Also, I'll just note real quick that Ouchi vassalized that OPM that only has Gibraltar. So that's another method of expansion cut off.

I'm starting to think Ouchi is a bad ally.

20220113005105_1.jpg

20220113005200_1.jpg

20220113005348_1.jpg

After about a year of back and forth, my army gets stackwiped in Huelva. There's really nothing I could've done about this, since Ouchi seemed to just be messing around in Kalundwe lands or something, leaving me to be slaughtered by the Mughals. Because Ouchi really sucks, apparently.

Eventually, though, we win! I do have some claims on Kalundwe's lands, so surely Ouchi was nice enough to give me some-
20220113005517_1.jpg

...Ouchi is the worst.

Yep, after all of that, I didn't even get a province out of that. I think Ouchi is forgetting that I'm the player, and therefor the main character. They're supposed to do things that are beneficial for me! The nerve of some people.

20220113010244_1.jpg

After four more years of literally just sitting around, I noticed that misfortune has befallen upon Hindustan. Not only did their ally break up with them, but they've been reduced to a one province minor. That one province is one I happen to have a core on! Yeah, you can see what's happening here. Just gotta wait for my truce with them to run out (I picked up a truce with them because of Ouchi's war).

20220113010354_1.jpg

Uuuuh our king died offscreen, and now Gustav is in charge. Forgot to mention that. Gustav has to face a pretender now, but thankfully we're easily able to beat him back despite the greater numbers. In the meantime, I also unlock my first national idea. I take Offensive ideas, because I think it would be the most useful for aggressive military campaigns, which will undoubtedly happen.

20220113010618_1.jpg

...oh, look at that. Ouchi guaranteed the one province minor before I could declare war on them, and would rather join the war against me than fight by my side.

Ouchi is the worst.

20220113010627_1.jpg

Gustav didn't last long, knocking me down to negative three stability. Yeah, this isn't going well at all, but at least this new guy is in charge. From a completely different dynasty too because Gustav died before he had kids. I blame that shock of realizing Ouchi has shut down yet another expansion path.

20220113011005_1.jpg

So frustrated with Ouchi, I take out my aggression on Zazzau, having no other target to do so on. This time, Ouchi does join me, so they're not the worst thing ever but they're getting close. Zazzau is allied with a now expanded Nupe, but I didn't worry about it too much with Ouchi by my side. Once the war started I was easily able to just carpet siege them. Nupe's capital is in Azores or Madeira so their armies aren't really on the mainland.

20220113011337_1.jpg

Quickly sieging down Nupe lands, I was able to peace them out of two provinces. I didn't have to siege their capital or anything for it. Not sure why. Meanwhile, Ouchi is taking care of Zazzau for me with their own troops, which is nice. Again, they're really trying to improve favor. Still don't forgive them for all the dumb stuff they're doing though.

20220113011559_1.jpg

...oh. That's another issue. Yeah, I let my disaster get a little too out of hand and suddenly I have a peasants war on my hands. Literally unable to deal with this at the moment, I have no choice but to give into their demands. In the long run, it isn't going to hurt me that bad. The stability hit would have hurt if I wasn't already at rock bottom.

20220113011719_1.jpg

20220113012513_1.jpg

After winning the war against Zazzau, I literally couldn't afford to take more provinces otherwise the rebels would kill me. I vassalized them as a short lived answer to a long term problem. That being said, while just twiddling about, I noticeed that Hindustan was no longer being guaranteed. Before Ouchi decides to ally them or something, you know I'm going to swoop in to get that.

Now, I don't really have screenshots of the war or peace deal, but since they have 2k troops you can imagine I dealt with them pretty handily. That being said, I still wasn't able to take their province without rebels once again ruining me in the longrun, so, I vassalized them too. I really don't have the power to afford this, though; both of my new vassals are rather rebellious.

20220113013622_1.jpg

...oh no.

20220113013639_1.jpg

OH NO

Getting immediately stackwiped in the war is not a good thing. Ternate had brought Kalundwe into the war, who somehow got their provinces back from Ouchi. The provinces likely revolted because Ouchi is literally the worst and no one wants to be a part of them. That makes things a lot harder, as Ouchi doesn't even have a good foothold on the continent now. With my armies out of the picture, I can't exactly help them.

It didn't take long for them to siege up my three provinces. Ouchi throws soldiers at Ternate only for them to be mercilessly slaughtered. If we can even get a foothold into Iberia. Ternate is more than capable of just parking an army at the strait and leaving us incapable of participating in the war. In times like this, there's only one thing a Swede can do.

20220113014145_1.jpg

I gave up. Fucked Ouchi over in the process. Felt pretty good about that, though, so it was more of a positive than a negative. As you can see, Nupe (another ally of Ternate), was making an invasion on my lands anyways, and I just didn't have the manpower to stop them. I decided to just give Hindustan whatever they wanted. They released both of my vassals, gave cores back, and just shut down any route of expansion into Europe.

While I'm not dead, the run basically was. They left me alive but my means of expansion were nonexistent. I got Seneca to the east to ally me, but it wasn't working out very well. I even thought about taking Exploration ideas to journey to Sub-Saharan Africa, but I knew that wouldn't work out either. I knew what was down there, and it wasn't a nation I could defeat. With quite a bit of confidence, I'm willing to call attempt #1 dead.

...so, on to attempt #2, huh? While I'm pretty upset with how this turn went, nothing's stopping me from going again. At the very least, this did a good job proving the title of the AAR right. Sweden is definitely not overpowered. That being said...

Sweden.png

Attachments

• 20220113011623_1.jpg
    20220113011623_1.jpg
    623,8 KB · Views: 0
Ouch, that is a painful end. The AI can really be a bit bitchy sometimes, but Diplo-block you, having multiple disasters and being gangbanged by Ternate. You were truly doomed. I hope #2 works out just fine

It's so disorienting for me having all the countries in different places from where they should be! Hard to get used to.

Sweden needs to do better. Still, most of that was Ouchi's fault. Make your multi-campaign enemy? Multiversial enmity!

Reactions:
It's so disorienting for me having all the countries in different places from where they should be! Hard to get used to.
Any way I can help you get used to it? I want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. Maybe some sort of overview to show who is where?

Sweden needs to do better. Still, most of that was Ouchi's fault. Make your multi-campaign enemy? Multiversial enmity!
It's definitely temping to make "destroying Ouchi" my second goal of this campaign...

Any way I can help you get used to it? I want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. Maybe some sort of overview to show who is where?

Ah no don't worry. I wasn't complaining. I just read the AAR more carefully and then I could follow it.

An overview to show who is where would be nice though.

It's definitely temping to make "destroying Ouchi" my second goal of this campaign...
Are you going to re-randomise the world? And do you have to make a custom nation to get the other nations like Sweden and Ouchi to appear?

Are you going to re-randomise the world? And do you have to make a custom nation to get the other nations like Sweden and Ouchi to appear?
If you're asking how the random world function works, you do need to make custom nations to even be able to start playing. The world only randomizes after you select our custom nation and hit play. To actually play as other nations I'd need to select the save file and select a different nation.

I don't plan on re-randomizing the world. My second run will be with this same random setup, I'm just going to do it better ;). As for other achievement runs I plan on doing in this world, I'm probably going to just play on the same world and play what nations are "achievement eligible" if that makes sense.

Next part should hopefully come up tonight or tomorrow.

If you're asking how the random world function works, you do need to make custom nations to even be able to start playing. The world only randomizes after you select our custom nation and hit play. To actually play as other nations I'd need to select the save file and select a different nation.

I don't plan on re-randomizing the world. My second run will be with this same random setup, I'm just going to do it better ;). As for other achievement runs I plan on doing in this world, I'm probably going to just play on the same world and play what nations are "achievement eligible" if that makes sense.

Next part should hopefully come up tonight or tomorrow.
Are all achievements achievable through the random world method, or are they blocked by the custom nation limit?

Are all achievements achievable through the random world method, or are they blocked by the custom nation limit?
Okay well technically speaking I don't get the achievement. Because it's a random world I believe you can no longer get said achievements. Outside of that I don't believe you can swap nations in a normal ironman game, meaning that no matter what I wouldn't be able to do something like this and still officially get the achievement.

That being said, I can still fulfil the requirements of said achievements, it's just that Steam won't acknowledge my efforts or anything like that lol.

For ten years the Swedish Moroccans have waited, slumbered on the west coast of Morocco. Many have seen this behavior and called them lazy, a degenerate nation not willing to bring itself to greatness. It was far different than that. It was like a sleeping lion, waiting for the right time to wake up and pounce upon it's opponents. We have waited a long time, and now...

20220113020545_1.jpg

It is time!

20220113020646_1.jpg

Our brave king Zer'wal had commanded his army to travel into terra incognita, making a naval invasion of the lands of Tenerife. We then cross the strait over into Gran Canaria itself, and completely wipe out the Zazzau army. Afterwards, instead of vassalizing them like some alternate timeline fool would, I simply conquered the Canary Islands in it's entirety. This is gonna be useful for me in the long run.

20220113021047_1.jpg

While resting on my laurels after a successful conquest, the Christians in Konstanz have decided to ally me. While normally I would have seen them as a conquest target, i figured out the hard way that it wouldn't work out well in the end. Them being an ally serves as a useful landing point into Iberia in the future, I think. Meanwhile, we can see that Kalundwe has been taken over by Jaffna. Very exciting stuff.

20220113021458_1.jpg

We're really jumping forward on the timeline here, huh? Eight years after his successful campaign, Zer'wal Zayyanid dies peacefully in his sleep. His son, Karl the VIII, ascends to the throne. A just man, he has promised the citizens of the Canary Islands that their rights will be respected, calming down their rebellious mindsets.

20220113021836_1.jpg

Ouchi conquered both my ally and the OPM that Hindustan became after being wrecked by Ternate, so that closes off some expansion. Because, again, Ouchi are the worst. I still get into a military alliance with them, though.

Hey, even if they are the worst, they're strong, too. I need strong.

20220113022038_1.jpg

Ouchi's war with Jaffna concludes and they take, what would be in our timeline, the entirety of the Sultanate of Granada. They're gaining a pretty massive foothold into Iberia now. I'm worried Ouchi will eventually go hostile or domineering against me, and I won't be able to do much in defense. I'm hoping I can secure a network of alliances to help me out.

20220113025236_1.jpg

By the year 1474, we had discovered the island of Madeira, owned by Nupe. This was what I was looking for this whole time. I quickly set up a spy network there, and gained a claim. I was lucky that Ternate was caught up in a war with Ouchi. They served as a proper distraction and allow me to declare war on Nupe without anyone interfering in my plans. To Madeira!

20220113025620_1.jpg

And here's our peace deal. We effortlessly wiped out the Nupe forces, and took both Madeira and Algarve. I could have taken more, but I didn't want to deal with either unrest or Ternate bordering us. I learned my lesson since last time. I released Hindustan to serve as a buffer state between the two of us. Meanwhile, we see the result of the Ouchi war. More land for their king, and they released Kalundwe as well. Forming a devilish plan, I begin to fabricate claims on Jaffna.

20220113025928_1.jpg

While waiting for the claim to go through, I get my first idea group. Took me long enough. Feels like this is really late in the game to unlock this, but with how much coring costs everywhere, I'm going to be a bit behind on the Admin points. I choose to take defensive ideas for the time being, because I don't trust any of these Iberians to not immediately try and destroy me. Same goes for Ouchi.

20220113030117_1.jpg

The claim on Jaffna pulls through, and there's only one thing left to do, take Qadis. I could have actually brought Ouchi into the war this time, but I didn't want them potentially screwing anything up. I can deal with Jaffna and their ally, Cajamarca (in the islands of Mallorca), just fine. To Qadis we go!

20220113030628_1.jpg

Our old Karl died so we got the latest model of Karl. It's kind of like iphones, once they break you can't actually fix it yourself without a whole slew of problems. It's easier in the long run to just get a new Karl. All around, his stats are fine. Above average, I'd say. For my standards at least.

20220113030740_1.jpg

Apparently the island of Madeira has a very powerful landowner in it. I don't know why I screenshotted this to be honest, maybe I just thought it was funny at the time. Either way, the lessened development cost, among other things, could be useful later down the line. Perhaps these Portuguese could be useful to the empire.

I ended up not getting a screenshot of the peace deal (I'm not very good with the screenshot mindset), but we wipe the floor with Jaffna and, instead of conquering them, i make them my vassal. It's easier this way, so I don't have to worry about rebels in Christian lands or bordering too many Christians.

20220113030823_1.jpg

With my newly acquired vassal I turned to the fledgling nation of Kalundwe. They hold a Jaffna core, and I want it back. With only an army of 3K troops, even with an impressive general, they should fall fairly easily.

20220113030858_1.jpg

I'm only posting this here so I can laugh at Ouchi. Haha, losers! You have a rebel stack in your country that's larger than your entire army! I bet you feel so embarassed now!

...oh, wait. I realized that the rebels are sort of stopping me from just...walking over to Isbiliya. They would wipe the floor with my army. ...man, even rebels from Ouchi are the worst.

20220113031055_1.jpg

In about a year's time Isbiliya falls, and returns to the rightful hands of my vassal. Good stuff, good stuff! I'm hoping to feed Jaffna quite a few Iberian lands until I feel like I can take rightful ownership of them without exploding. It'll take a while, but I think I can do it.

Also, hey, that list you see there gives you a vague idea of some nations that are in the world! Ain't that neat?

20220113031419_1.jpg

What isn't neat is that our new state of the art Karl died, leaving us in a regent led by some man I don't even know. Christoph is only five years old, meaning that we're going to have to wait a whopping ten years before we can get into any other wars. Woe is me, what ever will I do...

...probably end the update off there, actually. We're already doing leagues better than our first attempt, and at this point I believe that we can set up a pretty powerful base in Iberia, with the help of my allies, at least. I hope you all enjoyed. Until next time!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sweden is doing better. Hopefully these rebels from Ouchi succeed, and you can get revenge on Ouchi! Make them suffer!

Going back into it. Let's see where our fun Swedish Moroccans are heading, now that they finally got some ground to work with.

20220113031624_1.jpg

Eretna is the ideal next target. Though allied to big man on the block Ternate, they hold two of my vassals cores, and I'm not willing to just let that go. With Ouchi around they're viable to take those provinces at any moment. I need to spring fast, but I also want to wait for Ouchi to join the war, otherwise I fear we will get smashed. I'm playing this very carefully so as to not have to restart again.

20220113031952_1.jpg

just when Ouchi gives me a big fat yes, the king decides that he wants to kick the bucket. I'm stuck in a regency and am unable to declare war. Now I just have to hope none of my allies get involved in a stupid war before I'm ready to fight.

20220113032001_1.jpg

...oh, yeah that'll do it. Apparently Hindustan did a really stupid thing and insulted Ouchi? I don't know why the AI does things like this, but Ouchi responded prompty and declared war on Hindustan. Well, thankfully, it's not a conquest war. I'm pretty sure that means that Ouchi can't take any provinces?

20220113031738_1.jpg

While Ouchi rubs the war in my face, I pick up my second idea. I've barely started on my first idea group, but I pick religious ideas. This is going to be useful, as my secondary goal is to convert the Baltic Coast to Sunni faithfuls. This'll help exponentially in the long run.

Now, hopefully Hindustan will be alive after this war with Eretna so I can-

20220113032039_1.jpg

God dammit Ouchi. I didn't even know you could do that. I thought wars of honor meant that you couldn't take province? Either way this is a very unfortunate sitation. I'm almost completely blocked off from expanding into Iberia. I realize rather quickly that I need to get moving or else I'm going to be absolutely stuck.

20220113032515_1.jpg

Aaaand now they won't join the war with me! God, these guys are the worst.

...granted, they're doing a great job at distracting Ternate right now, meaning that they won't get involved in the war. Their only remaining ally is Oldenburg, which is in Corsica and Sardinia. This is the best opportunity I'm going to get.

20220113033151_1.jpg

I completely forgot to take screenshots of the war and for that I apologize. I'm not used to this AAR mindset. That being said the war was won with minor difficulty. I gave my vassal back two provinces and I nabbed a province for myself. I later sold it to my vassal because I didn't want to deal with the rebels.

20220113033204_1.jpg

While increasing relations with my vassal and looking northwards for expansion, I embrace the Renaissance. I'm sure the Swedish Renaissance/golden age would be great. I wouldn't know, though. I don't have the DLC that enables it.

20220113033247_1.jpg

Ouchi gets a lot bigger and a lot scarier. I'm very glad they're my ally, but I'm fully expecting them to become domineering soon...or form Andalusia, whichever one comes first to be honest.

I really need to get the heck out of here.

20220113033328_1.jpg

The Mughals serve as the perfect target. Normally really powerful in the base game, this kingdom is a shadow of their former selves in this randomized world, and they have the unfortunate problem of neighboring me. I move to fabricate a claim.

20220113033525_1.jpg

Having no allies, this war will go by without a hitch, and I'll be sure to not take too much. I don't want to be too greedy, lest my vassal hates me afterwards.

20220113033547_1.jpg

Though maybe that won't be a problem! Jaffna seems to have taken the initiative and moved to take out the entire Mughal. This certainly isn't something you'd see in a normal game (hopefully). Thankfully the war is going pretty well, with few casualties. Really starting to make a name for ourselves here.

20220113033601_1.jpg

Our fearless ruler faced their army with forces of his own, wiping them out with minimal casualties despite the bigger numbers on the side of the Mughals. In all honesty I think I attacked them when they had low morale, but either way I'm counting this as a win. I believe after this I chased them around a bit before finally stackwiping the lot of them. Lotsa dead Mughals.

20220113033906_1.jpg

And finally, we are victorious. I take the province I wanted, make them give cores back to Rakjot (I wanna bully them after annexing Jaffna, and I also take their lunch money while I'm at it. I'd say this was a pleasant little war, if not a bit of a costly one. I'm very low on manpower by the end of it, but I think it'll all be worth it in the end.

and...that's all I got for now. Sorry for the short update but I've been experiencing a bit of burnout on the game, and the difficult situation this game is in make it harder to sit for long sessions. I'll still be updating this, of course, but maybe a bit less frequently, especially with college starting up in force.

Thank you for reading!

Attachments

• 20220113031738_1.jpg
    20220113031738_1.jpg
    604,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions: