• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sunandstar

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Apr 3, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Best character to starting to play in 1066 and achieving this survivor achievement?
BTW, I would like to play either as female ruler or start as male ruler then inherit the lands as female ruler.
I have mostly played as rulers, not as vassals.

Matilda, Duchess of Tuscany in 1066, is the one you are thinking about. As a historical character, she has solid stats hard-coded at the start of the game. Plus she is only 20 years old, so it gives you plenty of time to get going before having to transition to a potentially less stellar heir.

For extra credit, you are near a county with Lombard culture, so if you conquer it, move your capital there briefly to use the decision that you adopt the culture of your capital, you can convert Matilda to Lombard. Then if you can manage to form a Kingdom title, then you can pick up the "Iron Crown" achievement at the same time as the "Survivor" achievement.

Are you sure that you don't have to start as Lombard to get Iron Crown achievement?

I don't think so, as the achievement code is pretty simple, and only requires you to be in an Ironman, non-Random, non-Shattered game.

But to be honest, I haven't finished my Matilda Survivor game yet, so I can't swear that this is the case. Maybe someone else on this forum can confirm?

Code:
# "Iron Crown" - Hold any Emperor or King title as a Lombard after 1300.
IRON_CROWN = {
    possible = {
        is_ironman = yes
        is_alternate_start = no
    }

happened = {
        culture = lombard
        primary_title = { higher_tier_than = DUKE }
        year = 1300
    }
}