Surviving Mars - Surviving Mars - [Win7 64bit] Rovers won't drive over Passage Ramps

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FrankASmith

Private
4 Badges
Nov 16, 2020
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Description
Surviving Mars - [Win7 64bit] Rovers won't drive over Passage Ramps

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I try to send a rover over a Passage Ramp it turns around and circumnavigates the dome rather than cross the ramp. I can "force" the Commander and Dozer over--if I stop them on the ramp and then basically run them off the side (see attached.) From the pictured position I can then click further down the ramp and they will cross. The Transport will not even do this.

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, I reload the save file and can replicate on any ramp. The Save File is ~35M so I can't attach it

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• bug_report_screenshot_11.jpg
    bug_report_screenshot_11.jpg
    168,9 KB · Views: 0
  • MarsSteam.exe-20201116-17.44.10-5d766754.log
    11,1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This is only in this one save, is that right ?

If you delete the transport and build a new one, does it work properly?

OK, deleted all my vehicles and rebuilt them. Problem persists. None of my vehicles will choose that passage ramp. So I built a bunch of domes and ramps to test what worked. It's only ramps that go in the 4 o'clock to 10 o'clock direction the rest work fine. See attached screen shot. If a rover is at "A" and I click on "B" the rover goes around the dome as if the ramp didn't exist. From point "B" to "A" is the same. I can "force" a rover over the ramp as in my OP.

Interestingly, if a rover is at "C" and I click on "D" the rover acts normally in both directions (D-C) but if I click on "E" it will go all the way around. If the rover is at "D" and I click on "E" it will not cross over. I replicated all of this with a save from 50 Sols ago with the same result. Obviously not a game breaker but irritating. I would be interested to hear if you could replicate the problem on another system since it might be an artifact of my video card. I'm not sure how I would get a 35meg save file to you.

Attachments

• Screenshot0000.png
    Screenshot0000.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
I have never heard of that problem before, how interesting. Can you duplicate this in a new test colony you start?

You could upload the save to Dropbox or a similar file hosting service. Note as you have a low number of posts here you can't post links (that's an anti-spam measure here) so you'd have to spell out or disguise the URL :)

I've certainly never noticed it myself, although I can't be 100% sure I would have noticed it.

If you get it in a new colony I'll happily test that here.

I had problems with similar behavior with a passage hub not connecting to the Domes. Because I had used the terrain editor and it had changed the height/level of the ground so the connection could not be made at all and this also happens with many other buildings too