• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NOBLECOMMANDER1

Recruit
4 Badges
Nov 13, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
Description
Surviving Mars crashes frequently

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Green Planet, Below and Beyond

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Surviving Mars crashes and closes hourly, usually when shifting from an asteroid to Mars etc. It just suddenly closes not saving the current state. No external mods being used. Just game settings.

Can you replicate the issue?
Bug seems mouse related at times. Move the mouse and the program dies instantly. Really looks like old mouse bug problems in Windows 95-XP where pushing the mouse to the wrong spot or edge of the screen causes a memory error and system crash. Sending a picture from another game because there is no screen shot of a crashed closed program.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2021-08-11_12-02-17.png
    2021-08-11_12-02-17.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Immediately after the next such crash, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Immediately after the next such crash, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.
I have been experiencing a similar issue for the last few weeks. I have all 15 DLC's installed and the game is updated regularly.

Attachments

• MarsSteam.exe-20220412-14.29.53-61c0fb53.log
    2,9 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    101,8 KB · Views: 0
I have been experiencing a similar issue for the last few weeks. I have all 15 DLC's installed and the game is updated regularly.
In future please start your own new thread, thanks!

The game is crashing in CELib_x64.dll:
+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket 1394749304730869512, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: MarsSteam.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 61c0fb53
P4: CELib_x64.dll
which I understand to be some sort of 'training' or cheat utility - is that right?

If so, please unload that and see if you get the same problem in a new test colony. Thanks.