Surviving Mars - Sounds missing for trains and other vehicles

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Robmel

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Jul 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
Description
Sounds missing for trains and other vehicles

Windows

Epic Store

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Stellaris Dome Set, Colony Design Set, Project Laika, In-Dome Buildings Pack

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Several Sounds missing/not working for some buildings/vehicles. I only noticed this issue when I bought and installed Mars Express Train addon recently after brief hiatus from the game.

Train sounds don't work while train is driving on the track. Also there is no "working" sound coming from train station when zoomed up close, should there be?

No landing sound for Supply Pod. Rocket landing sound works.

No sound for RC Explorer when it scans Anomalies.

Everything else sound wise seem to work.

I Tried disabling/deleting all mods, reinstalling whole game, - no change.

Can you replicate the issue?

File(s) attached

Attachments

• International Mars Mission Sol 5.savegame.sav
    34,6 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Train sounds don't work while train is driving on the track. Also there is no "working" sound coming from train station when zoomed up close, should there be?
I don't have sound on when I play games, so I don't know that I'm sorry. Hopefully others can clarify that for us!

Meantime Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

latest game log file and dxdiag information attached

Attachments

• MarsEpic.exe-20220705-15.20.32-627936cc.log
    7,8 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    83,3 KB · Views: 0
I see you have two sound channels with different drivers, Realtek and ATI/Benq. Does this happen if you switch outputs to the other one?

If it only happens with the Realtek driver, uninstall it and reboot. Windows will detect the hardware with no driver and offer to install one, accept that. Sometimes the process of reinstalling the driver fixes such things.

Good luck!

I see you have two sound channels with different drivers, Realtek and ATI/Benq. Does this happen if you switch outputs to the other one?

If it only happens with the Realtek driver, uninstall it and reboot. Windows will detect the hardware with no driver and offer to install one, accept that. Sometimes the process of reinstalling the driver fixes such things.

Good luck!
ATI/Benq sound channel was disabled for Monitor with built-in speaker.

I uninstalled Realtek driver and disabled/uninstalled my main sound channel with remote speakers. Rebooted. Enabled ATI/Benq with monitor speaker. Issue remains, no change.

There must be an issue with Surviving Mars version from Epic Games Store.

Sadly it is not possible to manage and disable certain dlcs/addons for Surviving Mars (Epic games store) to test that out on my own.

Missing train sounds apparently was an issue before and fixed with hotfix 1 patch back in May:

Maybe Epic games store Mars Express dlc and patch still don't work as intended despite game versions 1011166 being the same.

It is possible I suppose, although if the Epic edition got any fixes from that patch it should have got all of them - I'm pretty sure it's built off the same code base!