Surviving Mars - Save Game Broken After Last Update [ACTUALLY saves have been moved!]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vauxe

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 10, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Description
Save Game Broken After Last Update

Windows

Other

What is your game version?
Do you have Space Race installed?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After the last update, saved games have disappeared for myself and other people as I have read. All I had to do today was to launch the game to find the load button disabled.

I did not find any solutions online, so I dug around and found what the problem was - for me anyway.

The solution will vary depending on how your game is setup, and what platform you are using.

I am running Xbox Game Pass PC version. That means some of my game data (including saves) will be under:
"C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Packages\ParadoxInteractive.SurvivingMars_zfnrdv2de78ny\LocalCache\Roaming\Surviving Mars"

The saved games have previously gone into the 'Save' directory inside the 'Surviving Mars' directory. After today's update, the saves now go in the user directory, which for me is 'VauxeTwo', also inside the 'Surviving Mars' directory.

Old path working before update:
"C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Packages\ParadoxInteractive.SurvivingMars_zfnrdv2de78ny\LocalCache\Roaming\Surviving Mars\Save"

New path working after update:
"C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Packages\ParadoxInteractive.SurvivingMars_zfnrdv2de78ny\LocalCache\Roaming\Surviving Mars\VauxeTwo" (replace VauxeTwo with your own username)

The directories inside 'Surviving Mars' should be the same on most (if not all) installations. The path to it will vary.

All my old saves were still inside the 'Save' directory, and all I had to do was copy them over to my user directory ('VauxeTwo').

I don't know if this is a new design choice, or a mistake. I at least hope someone else will have use of this information.

UPDATE
Could people with different version supply paths to their game if it differs from mine? I think that would be helpful for people.

UPDATE
Since it's pinned now and it's confirmed the save games have been moved, I'd like to just ask for the old saves of people's games to be moved automatically in the future, although I'm sure this is something you've already fixed by now.

Cheers!

Can you replicate the issue?

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for this! Just loaded the game today (2019-10-11) and all my saves had gone, moved the files as directed above and all is well. Thought I'd lost everything there! Life Saver! :)