Surviving mars requires internet to play?

Surviving mars requires internet to play?

• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on Thursday, February 25th 2021 At approximately 4PM CST / Friday, February 26th 2021 Midnight UTC. This downtime is estimated to last up to 2 hours.
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Arkansaw

Recruit
Jan 16, 2021
I can only play surviving mars on my xbox if I'm connected to xbox live. When I am offline the game simply crashes and I am returned to my xbox home page. Does this game require xbox live? Nowhere does the game state that it does on the box. My cityskylines game doesn't do this at all. I'm frustrated because I bought the dlc and received the game as a gift and I cannot play it due to no Internet where I live.

zavichij

Recruit
10 Badges
Sep 11, 2020
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Honor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
It seems to be a known issue for Xbox one, that it will crash when the internet disconnects or not load without the internet. The game itself doesn't require you to have the internet to play and the devs don't update the game anymore so I doubt they will fix it anytime soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Arkansaw

Recruit
Jan 16, 2021
It seems to be a known issue for Xbox one, that it will crash when the internet disconnects or not load without the internet. The game itself doesn't require you to have the internet to play and the devs don't update the game anymore so I doubt they will fix it anytime soon.

The odd thing is that I can disconnect the internet while playing the game and still play it without it crashing. It's very odd. I did the test at my in laws house. I don't have Internet where I live. Never had a game do that. I'm in contact with paradox right now so I'm see if there is anything they can do on their end.