• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harderer

Recruit
Feb 2, 2019
Description
Ps4, game freezing

What is your game version?
Do you have Space Race installed?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Hello and thank you for this wonderful game. I don't know if I'm in the right sub, because I can only select pc platforms, but I'm currently getting constant freezes in late game save games which is pretty frustrating, since I finally got this far.
Are there any bug fixes coming soo in for ps4
Thanks

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes, every time I reload a specific save game.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Hello and thanks for the report! Yes, there is a patch on the way. It is currently passing certification by Sony, so I do not have a solid ETA.

Hi. Having freezing issues in later game as well. PS4 with both space race and green planet. Version 1.13. Super frustrated that I paid for a wonderful game and cannot enjoy it. Every time I load my file it will freeze within 5-20 min. Screen locks and I cannot interact with anything. I hear the ps4 menu in the background and am forced to do a hard reset. I worry this will damage my hardware.

I see a response was made in feb about an update. Any updates for September?

Have you tried reinstalling the game and rebuilding the database of the PS4? The previous problems were regarding earlier versions of the game which were fixed.

Yes I've done both the game still crashes, the first couple of times was 110+ sols the last time was creative 40 sols. The game freezes and the music stops but then the game starts moving again but I have no button response, then the ps4 theme music comes on with the error sound but the game in still on the screen. I have to hold the power button to reset my ps4 when I turn it back on I have to go through system checks then get error ce-36329-3.

Yes latest version its the only game that does this. I have many games on my ps4 an if they crash they'll go to an error screen to submit a report but surviving mars doesn't do that it just sits there freezen.

Having issues with auto save (freezing) and saving (crashes back to home menu)

Running ps4 version on ps5, latest version (1.30) and all dlc currently released installed. File approximately 24hrs of gameplay

I was asked by paradox support to add my situation and problem details here, despite it being on the Xbox one console.
I, like everyone else who is sick of restarting their favorite colony intending to finish a SINGLE play-through, have come across a new issue after starting a new colony after the latest update:
Approximately between day 10 and 20(when I finally afford an asteroid lander) I receive my first asteroid but am unable to take advantage of it due to lack of resources at the time. So despite pre-loading requested resources and eventually upgrading the lander, I have reached day 71 and NOT received a new asteroid despite almost always having three asteroids in orbit most of the time before this last update.
Has anyone else had an issue with no asteroids showing up if you miss the first one, or must you research and build Recon Buildings in order to find new asteroids?
Below is a photo of my save’s details and settings, in case it helps.
B7CB506E-F76F-4C30-B811-4F70659EC01D.jpeg

Last edited:
I cant save my game, its on ps4, it keeps staying stuck in the save screen.

Nothing works ive lost over a year's worth of saved data/game play, because of the glitch.

Ive tried everything from restoration of the licences to manually deleting it and reinstalling as well as trying to save over the game data.

But nothing works, please can anyone suggest any thing as it's very frustrating and i keep getting stressed out beva the game does not work.

Same here... Game freezes in everytime i wanna save. Hope they are fixing this asap. So annoying, especially in this game. The first time it hit me with 1k people and I thought, that, maybe too many moving parts for my ps4, but the next time I had only 600 people... It s just so random. I can't get the pattern... Sometimes it crashes when u override a previous game, ok... But now it startet to freeze entirely while saving...anyway... Just hoping they fix that . Its an awesome game. I would hate to shunt it just because I never can finish properly... But that's always the with paradox games. Savings were also a problem in tropico... Seriously, how difficult is it to program this properly... :(\

[edited to remove unacceptable content]

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's always the with paradox games. Savings were also a problem in tropico...
Firstly, Paradox only publish this game, we don't write it. Secondly Tropico is nothing to do with us whatsoever.

MAC-7295
Thank you all for your input on this, I've used it to create a bug report and forwarded it onto the developers.

As I understand it this affects manual and autosaves, and occurs more in the late game - would you all agree with that?