Surviving Mars - Old Mod stuck in system, can't delete.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MLT

Private
Aug 18, 2018
Description
Old Mod stuck in system, can't delete.

Windows

GoG

What is your game version?
Surviving Mars - Below & Beyond Lua revision: 1007612 - had problem before upgrade so not a version issue

Do you have Space Race installed?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have an old Mod that hasn't been used in 2 years and it con't be removed. I've tried reinstalling it through the game mod manager then deleteing it again and it keeps coming back after restarting the game. I've even deleted it from the mods folder and after restarting the game it returns even on a totally new install from disc, it seems to be an issue on the Paradox server end and keeps installing into the (\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\PopsMods) folder because it's an online Mod through the game server. I'm trying to set up my new game and it keeps popping up and disappearing in my mods manager in-game and sets a complaint in a log file. It's like a ghost in the machine and it's not on my end because it's a new computer with a clean install and it was there on the last computer too. It's a Mod called "MassiveUniversalDepot" I've added 2 mods to my mods folder to see if it worked itself out but it still pops back after removing it. Log file included.

Can you replicate the issue?
Yes It returned after installing a new version of the game on my new computer as soon as I start the game it just adds itself into my game. The game log says it's there but it doesn't exist or is incompatable with my current version of game

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• MarsGOG.exe-20210912-19.32.15-6127c291.log
    10,9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
If you go directly to the Paradox mod site https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/ and log in there with your Paradox account, does it show you are subscribed to any mods at all?

If you go directly to the Paradox mod site https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/ and log in there with your Paradox account, does it show you are subscribed to any mods at all?
I download all my mods directly from ChoGGi and put them into the Normal Mods folder. This mod that's causing a problem keeps popping up in the PopsMods folder and doesn't show up in my Mods list in game but it keeps coming back no matter how many times I deleat it it keeps crashing my game if I don't physically go into folders and deleat it before restarting my game. Aparently it's something stuck in the servers from when I first had the game installed a few years ago. Since then I'v had 2 different computers each with afresh install of the latest game version and this old file keeps installing itself like a bad nightmare. Maybe if I delete my Paradox account and open a new account then reinstall the game under a new named account it will stop reinstalling itself.

You were correct I went to the site you listed and it took some time but I found it was the only file listed with a green subscribed chek mark so I unchecked it. Lets see if that stops my crashing issue because it's not compatable with below and boyond update, Thanks for the help. I hope that solves all my issues.