Surviving Mars - Marsgate mystery related defensive turrets do not fire at EsoCorp rovers.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sculpur

Recruit
Sep 7, 2021
Description
Marsgate mystery related defensive turrets do not fire at EsoCorp rovers.

Windows

Steam

What is your game version?

What DLC do you have installed?
Space Race, Green Planet, Marsvision Song Contest, Colony Design Set, Project Laika

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Choosing the Marsgate mystery in a game, I chose the route to inspect the EsoCorp rovers and expose their purpose to Earth. As a result, they sent an attack force to Mars, and I was given the option to research and build defense turrets. However, after doing so, the turrets did nothing when the EsoCorp rovers attacked, and now they are just driving around my base firing missiles at everything, in range of my defense turrets. More details in the steps to reproduce section of the bug.

Can you replicate the issue?
1. Start a game with the Marsgate mystery selected.
2. When the mystery processes long enough, and you get the option to explore an anomaly under one of the EsoCopr rovers, explore it with a rover.
3. After that reveals that EsoCorp are doing military experiments on Mars, choose to expose them.
4. When you get the notification that EsoCorp are likely sending more rovers to Mars to attack you, research the "Defense Turrets" tech.
5. Build any number of turrets around your base.
6. When the EsoCorp rovers attack your colony, the turrets do nothing even though they are powered and in range.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Mitio1.savegame.sav
    36 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I as well had this issue, I had well over 20 turrets as I thought the initial 5 covering my base wasn't enough but upon further investigation, I noticed the turrets weren't doing anything. I was waiting for a story to intervene saying they stopped their attack for political reasons or something but 17 Sol later I am still getting attacked and not killing any of their rovers. I also noticed earlier in the mystery I was unable to repair their malfunctioning rover. IDK why?

Last edited:
First, thank you for helping it is really appreciated. But I attempted to enable the mod and it says that it is enabled but the turrets are still not firing at the rovers. Do I need to wait for a whole Sol? Or restart my computer?(I already restarted my game)

I'm having the same issue as the other two here... I tried downloading the mod you linked, but it didn't work. I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Attachments

• Japan Sol 212.savegame.sav
    37 MB · Views: 0
Was this ever fixed? I really love this game, but when it's 4 years old and on my first save i encounter two bugs that partially break progression (can't fix the EsoCorp rovers, and now the turrets are just for decoration apparently) it really makes me want to stop playing permanently.

I will provide the save game if requested but it doesn't seem like Haemimont (or is it now abstraction? idk) cares that much about this game

I've been trying to build a colony but after 20-35 sols esocorp attacks unprovoked, with no story pop up btw. So I thought today am gonna wait it out, let's fight to the bloody end, then the esocorp rovers get in the domes making defenses attack the dome trying to get to the enemy, you end up using around 3000 polymers to repair a single dome after a single attack. Is this something that's happened to anyone and do you know how to solve it, cuz this may be the end of my gaming days if this isn't resolved, war isn't cheap

• 1Haha
Reactions: